Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
Predictions for MitB? I think they did a really bad job hyping it this year compared to last year.

Worst case credible scenario would be Mandy Rose and Baron Corbin I think.

Best would be Ember Moon and Andrade to start building some new stars?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Only men’s option that makes sense with a face champ on both brands is Drew.

Women’s, is like Ember to win but it’ll end up being Bayley or Mandy.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Apparently Punk was in a recent amateur judo completion and finished in third place....out of theee people.

His mma is done. It’s a hobby at this point.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
He did a spot with his former trainer. Did the masked run in and delivered his super move then bailed. He looks skinnier than ever in that hoodie.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Gonna sound bad.

So I looked her up. She’s 40 and mostly built on early surgery. Her recent videos and pics are bad. Her body and face rejected age after her work.

She might have tried and realized it wasn’t gonna happen.

Poor girl was torn up by her life and the industry it seems. She may have wanted to come back and realKzed they wouldn’t take her

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gonna sound bad.

So I looked her up. She’s 40 and mostly built on early surgery. Her recent videos and pics are bad. Her body and face rejected age after her work.

She might have tried and realized it wasn’t gonna happen.

Poor girl was torn up by her life and the industry it seems. She may have wanted to come back and realKzed they wouldn’t take her

i didn't follow her at all so i have NO idea what actually happened. i know there was a pretty unhappy parting between her and WWE, on both sides. i don't think they would have taken her back no matter what. she tried to sue WWE for all that concussion nonsense and vince is bitter and holds grudges. that being said, she might have had some success other places, but her body was pretty broken up as well. it is ENTIRELY possible that she just physically couldn't do it anymore. looks aside, even someone who stays extremely active, it gets harder and harder every year just to stay where you are, much less compete with people 15 years younger.

she's struggled with some pretty damaging concussions and it's also possible that none of the major players would clear her. like i said i never followed her but it still sucks. /shrug

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone else watching Double or Nothing? I think it's important to buy it to support the company. The US cost is $50 on some platforms, hopefully there's a lower cost option unless you have friends around to watch/pay. In the UK it's ~$20 on ITV Box Office.

They also announced the UK TV deal which is on ITV4, it's not great but it's a free channel everyone in the country has access to and has other niche sports. ITV1 has the second largest reach behind BBC so hopefully they do ads and morning show appearances to promote it.

I've not seen a full match from Kenny Omega or The Young Bucks but I've seen then do some insane things in clips and their Youtube stuff is pretty funny, so looking forward to seeing what they do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would watch, but I am going to be traveling this weekend and wont have time to watch it live. I'll probably get a replay of it next week.

In other news, let R Truth keep this dumb belt forever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I would watch, but I am going to be traveling this weekend and wont have time to watch it live. I'll probably get a replay of it next week.

In other news, let R Truth keep this dumb belt forever.

Haha R Truth is great, he called it the "European Championship".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wish they would just call it the hardcore title or something else, that name is so stupid.

Truth is great though for sure.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh my god what the fuck.

Cody smashed Triple H's throne with a sledgehammer, then Goldust's face into an exposed turnbuckle. Both of them and the entire ring is covered in blood and both are kicking out of everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user