Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm speechless, what the fuck were those tag team moves? That was insane. I'm not sure how some of them were even possible.

WWE say that The Revival or The Usos are the best tag teams in the world. No. Just no. Even the midcard tag match was better than anything WWE do wrestlingwise, only The New Day are anywhere close and a lot of that is their characters.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't watch weekly wrestling but I keep up on the updates and kinda half asleep watch the big PPVs for WWE. I watched every second of double or nothing it was amazing from start to finish.

Can't wait to tune in to it weekly.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only thing WWE really have going for them at the moment is their women's divison, they need to give them 50/50 time with the men if they are just going to have the same people on Raw and Smackdown now. Alexa Bliss and her coffee was fantastic last week for example.

AEW don't seem to have the quality WWE have with the women. I liked Kylie Rae but none of the others really interested me, while I'd be happy to see most of the WWE woman.

WWE can easily turn it around with the people they have though.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
great show,I’m just don’t see how this type of performance and booking is viable week to week

Hope they prove me wrong

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
What the fuck was Sami Zayn doing on Raw? Electric Chair... what? Is this making the third hour of Raw edgy by mentioning incest, Becky's sex life and AEW?

It made me not watch the match after, and there were only like 2 matches in the whole show :/

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh shit. Dean Ambrose just gave the entire details of his last year at WWE:

I think he accidentally gave WWE the impression he could be convinced to come back once he felt better, hence the decent send off. He told Vince that he was leaving because of workplace anxiety from the shitty promos they made him do. He then said he couldn't extend his contract for a European farewell tour because he was filming a movie, that movie was actually the Moxley promo he released the second his contract expired. Sounds they were oblivious to him wanting to continue wrestling and thought it was a CM Punk situation.

I've had workpalce anxiety myself from working for disfunctional organisations so I can appreciate the shitty situation he was in.

I wonder just how many WWE guys Cody is texting with...

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
alright... here's my 2 cent, armchair wisdom...

i get workplace anxiety... but workplace anxiety from being forced to cut bad promos? maybe i'm victim blaming but that seems like ambrose/moxley/whatever we call him now was ASKING for an employer to abuse him. WWE isn't even a normal job. none of the wrestlers are "employees" of WWE, they are all considered private contractors with exclusivity. listen, the first time you sign a WWE contract, i get making certain rookie mistakes but once you've done that once, you should hire someone to specifically look over what you are signing and not sign anything you aren't happy with. obviously that's what he did at the end...

if you don't agree with what creative is giving you, air your grievances with the powers that be. if that doesn't work and they keep giving you crappy promos... send a letter in your place for the next show. i know, i know... these people love the business and WANT to wrestle great matches, but you end up hurting you AND your character. PAC is a perfect example. he got pissed with out how WWE was wanting to handle his character, so he stopped showing up. WWE tried to punish him by not letting him out of his contract and all that did was make people go crazy the next time they saw him wrestle.

with ambrose? granted i never saw him wrestle as moxley, and i don't really enjoy the more extreme, barbed wire type matches, but i kept watching ambrose trying to figure out why everyone liked him. he just always came across as bland and "PG unhinged" which is just silly. i've never been interested in him and it turns out it's because he didn't buy into what WWE creative had for him. but at this point, i don't care where he goes or who he wrestles, i'm just bored with him

• 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
i get workplace anxiety... but workplace anxiety from being forced to cut bad promos?
I've had workplace anxiety and it's from professional humilliation.

As a teacher that's prepping well for a lesson and knowing you can perform well, putting in all the effort to do that, caring about the kids and the school... then the kids don't do any work, try to ruin your lesson for fun and your bosses do nothing to help and actually get in your way. You feel like there's no point you even being there or trying.

Sounds like he had a similar experience, only it was millions of people he was being humiliated infront of.

I've only been watching wrestling again for a year, so I missed his original runs. I agree when he came back he was absolute shit and I was glad when he left. Seeing his promos and everything he has gone through, I'm really excited to see what he does though. I was really happy to see him at DoN, I assumed he'd be in the battle royale and was let down by Tye Dillinger being there lol.

• 1Like

j00t

He literally addresses all your 'wisdom' and then some.

well, that's cool and all, but does he address the "wisdom" that he's irrevocably lost fans? because there he is telling people he'll be better to watch or whatever and i just don't care. if people still want to watch him and still enjoy it that's great and i'm happy for him. but, again, personally, i'm about as interested in watching dean ambrose do ANYTHING as i am in watching paint dry.

j00t

i mean i like talk is jericho. but it's basically when late night has a guest you don't care about it. "eh, maybe i'll watch it later?" but you're not going to, are you? no. you're not.