Throbbing Member
giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw this joke which made me legit lol

"Shawn Michaels looks on sadly that there was a way to drop the title outside of the ring that he hadn't tried"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!

Tonight we get this. I am stoked as they were always my favorite tag team as a kid.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
a bit late but wanted to Sha my take. I won’t say they didn’t blow the Goldberg stuff but also they took it as far as they could.

he squashed everyone. He couldn’t work a match to save his life and everyone knew. Hell regal was so annoyed woth it he fucking started chain wrestling him to humiliate him and it cost him his job. He was a giant mark for himself, and couldn’t cut a promo. So after feeding 173 people to him? Giving him a couple belts, now what? I totally see why they thought they needed to try other things with him. You can’t sit there and think those late 90s snark crowds wouldn’t have turned on him after a few more months. You just going to feed him main eventers non stop for another year? DDP got a classic out of him. That’s all on DDP. Sting, Bret, macho, couldn’t doshit with him. And look at the rest of the main event era. Hogan Nash hall Sid Luger flair were all physically shot or just as bad and couldn’t cover him in a match. And he REFUSED to work the vanilla midgets you guys knock Nash for not pushing. Goldberg is just as at fault. He waS a mark for himself and I don’t know how much better he would have been handled by anyone else. They made millions on him. They just stupidly wasted all that money in mismanagement but i legit think they only could have ended the streak on a dusty finish like they did, and I don’t know whatelse they could have done. He would have never worked with Benoit Like Sid did. He refused Jericho. He would have laughed Eddieout of the building “look at me and look at him no one would buy it”. And even worse he thought he was a bad ass MMA tough guy until Jericho bitches him in the back.

and if Goldberg doesn’t get screwed and injured, we never get main event Big Poppa Pump and that’s a world I don’t want to live in.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Tonight we get this. I am stoked as they were always my favorite tag team as a kid.

this is the first one I’m not looking forward to. I feeel like this story has been told to death. Will see how it works out. Legit the best tag team ever and honestly they were as big as a draw as a team as any top guys after Hogan Austin Rock.
Just don’t see the drugs as such a dark story as the murder, lies, etc of past episodes. At that point we might as well get an episode about Hardy In TNA. Hell you would get more new stories out of a HBk episode than “the road warriors were great but hawk killed himself with drugs”.

hardy, hall,rvd, Eddie, all more intersting drug stories.

i would kill for an episode about Duggan and Sheik getting arrested or Sid/Arn scissor fighting. Or the plan ride from hell.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck Goldberg. All I was saying is that they should have used the end of the streak to put someone over in a big way, be it a face or a heel, rather than the eye-roll way they did end it. I mean fuck, it was even worse than feeding Undertaker's streak to Lesnar.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, the issue wasn't specifically HOW goldberg lost. it wasn't really that bad of an idea. he loses his streak to an a-lister, without losing clean, so his shine is still intact.

it was that the very next week the finger poke of doom happened and it made the whole thing feel super cheap.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, the issue wasn't specifically HOW goldberg lost. it wasn't really that bad of an idea. he loses his streak to an a-lister, without losing clean, so his shine is still intact.

it was that the very next week the finger poke of doom happened and it made the whole thing feel super cheap.

I don't know, finger poke to me (as long as you're buying in to how he dropped the belt without it being clean and all) only added to the idea the NWO had this big plot to get one over on Goldberg and get the belt back on their head hancho Hogan. The only person the finger poke really "hurts" in a sense is Nash if he's trying to get a big push as the guy who beat the streak, but when they make it not clean like it was, he doesn't really get that rub anyways.

I'm not sure it was the right time/way to end the streak, but if they were going to do that part like they did, finger poke only makes sense to make you hate the NWO more for getting one over on you (the fans) and Goldberg, so Big Bill can be the white hot babyface tearing through them all again to get his belt back from Hogan again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure it was the right time/way to end the streak, but if they were going to do that part like they did, finger poke only makes sense to make you hate the NWO more for getting one over on you (the fans) and Goldberg, so Big Bill can be the white hot babyface tearing through them all again to get his belt back from Hogan again.

Right and when he came out to kick all their asses for at least some payoff out of that dumb shit, Luger stabs him in the back and he gets his ass kicked again. The only way the streak could have ended worse was if Goldberg just quit in the middle of it.

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Goldberg was one of the few 'home grown' WCW stars. He was poked with a cattle prod, arrested the next night, and the advertised main event was swerved into a match where Hulk Hogan ended up WCW champion. While all this fuckery was going on, Mick Foley won the WWF championship, which most people saw since Tony Schiavone told them it was going to happen. At this point the nWo was already well past its expiration date, but WCW decided to sacrifice Goldberg to reset everything to Hulk Hogan.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, the streak was going to have to end sometime. It's not the same as the Undertaker's streak, where you can build the mystique for one match a year. Eventually the steam for Goldberg would run out just squashing everyone to be X+1 and 0. I can understand the idea behind it, screw him over to keep the fans white hot behind him, have him run through everyone again. Done right, it would do business.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Goldberg was still filling seats and moving merch so they should have rode that pony out longer and then used the streak being broken to make a new star.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Goldberg was still filling seats and moving merch so they should have rode that pony out longer and then used the streak being broken to make a new star.

Yeah, pretty much anybody that people wouldn't have minded seeing him "lose" to were already over(DDP, Sting, Nash, HH, etc.). They absolutely should've used him to push a new star.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think Brock the last few months show how you can over book a monster and seem like you are trapped but then use it to put someone over,

At the rumble Drew didn’t beat Brock clean, someone low blow d him and then Drew tossed him. It elevated drew and set his course but also kept Brock protected as unbeatable for the most part. Then slowly Drew got over on him and beat him clean and is the new top dog. It sucks that didn’t get it’s moment in front of a crowd. I really hope live shows can come back before he loses the belt or Vince panics and puts it back on Brock.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, pretty much anybody that people wouldn't have minded seeing him "lose" to were already over(DDP, Sting, Nash, HH, etc.). They absolutely should've used him to push a new star.

Even with the plan being to have Nash win through schennanigans to reset the storylines and once again have Hogan on top with Goldberg at his heels (barf) they still could have milked it better by having Goldberg beat at PPV whichever members of the NWO he hasn't beat that are still decent with Hall as the penultimate match and Nash the conclusion.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Honestly to me while the Hogan win was huge, Goldberg peaked when he won the Us title and took out the flock. That crowd was electric.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Goddamn it now im watching Goldberg and Sting videos on YouTube and my god do I miss being a teenager in love with WCW. When it was good it was my life.
Just watched Goldberg Jackhammer the Giant and Jesus. The pops. The electricity.

ended up watching NWO beating up fake stings until the real sting shows up and drops Bufff Bagwell. What a moment. The crowd erupted.

stings first time attacking the NWO after months of playing the middle. Tony and Heenan screaming. What great times.

I used to watch 3 hour nitros, then watch the replay at 11. I miss being that into anything. Can’t believe it’s 22 years later and Big Show is still active.

• 1Like