Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel like AEW is losing some of their post-signings momentum already. Rampage with CM Punk wrestling is becoming less of a draw by the week and feels like it's only diluting big matches away from Dynamite at the moment.

These shows are good and they have a bunch of legit stars, but they're lacking the kind of week to week storylines that get the audience invested and make those stars into bigger stars.

Maybe they need...some writers. My God.

I can only imagine what Chris Kreski (who wrote all of WWF's storylines in 2000) could do with the current AEW roster if he were still alive.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck.

AEW doing a great job helping GCW become the next ECW by featuring them and sending talent over etc. And more than that, GCW doing a great job becoming the new ECW by putting on stuff like this and gaining the word of mouth.

I'm digging Moxley's work lately. Yeah, there are a lot of Austin comparisons, but Moxley has his own style of movement that comes off as completely unhinged.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have no idea what's going on in this thread but after reading a few posts I want to go put in a chew and fuck my sister behind the trailer home.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Holy fuck.
1633988529062.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This Rampage is basically a mini-PPV since it's competing with Smackdown. I think TK should have kept his mouth shut about beating Smackdown though. Tout your wins after you actually win them. If I were him I'd focus on the fact that they're beating the pants off of RAW in ticket sales in Long Island.

1634192654031.png

RAW has half the arena tarped off (including the lower bowl) and still can't sell tickets in the half that isn't tarped.

1634192703217.png

Dynamite a week later in the same arena has some of the upper-most deck tarped off (for now, they'll open those seats if necessary) and still has a lot of unsold seats on the rest of the uppermost level. However, they've got the entire lower bowl sold out without tarping anything there.

Roughly a 3x ticket sale difference between the two. Astounding.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
mick foley wrestling GIF by WWE

Anyone know what the deal is with how old WWF/E shows, up until 2020 anyway, used to have these constant full-screen flashes? WCW had them too but only in shows from 2000 I think. No other company (ECW, TNA, AEW) has them. I don't think they're from camera flashes, they're more like full-arena flashes. Come to think of it NBA games have them too.

I miss regular camera flashes in wrestling too, they were awesome when they'd strobe for a big move. They seemed to die a death in the 2010's because of smartphones and video-recording, and got to be fewer and fewer every year until by the mid to late teens audience camera flashes just didn't exist enough to make an impact on-camera anymore.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a preshow on YouTube for Rampage tonight. The show is going to be headlined with Bryan Danielson vs Minoru Suzuki. For whatever reason they don't have premiere up on YouTube yet so I can link it.

jonvz7leolt71.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Woo that Daniels/Suzuki match was nasty. I was sore after watching that one. And I am definitely enjoying Dark Order promos these days.

Capture.JPG

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love the BD/Suzuki match. It's insane the match quality Suzuki is turning out at 53 years old.

x1rgur3c8wt71.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Things are going to get even more interesting now.

It's a marathon not a sprint, as HHH said.

AEW are gaining ground and WWE are losing it.

That'll keep happening unless AEW starts fucking up bookings or gets drama, or if WWE gets new management and unfucks themselves.