Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Dude is lucky to still be walking. He's 45 and with his height/weight he could have destroyed his cervical spine.

He doesn't need to be doing moonsaults like that, his style is a brawler. The top rope assisted moonsault is fine in an Undertaker kind of way, but moonsaults are just him trying to keep up with the keedz, and it isn't necessary.

The match reminded me of Austin/Owen a bit, with Kingston just sorta rolling him up awkwardly to end the match.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It reminded me of the time Brock tried landing a SSP on Kurt Angle at WM way back when. He almost paralyzed himself for life too.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It reminded me of the time Brock tried landing a SSP on Kurt Angle at WM way back when. He almost paralyzed himself for life too.

Botching a flip move as bad as Brock did probably would have paralyzed/killed anyone without a neck that thick.

• 2Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The Shooting Brock Press is what we called that back in the day. If someone fell off their skateboard and landed on their ass or any kind of botch like that, I'd tell them they did a Shooting Brock Press.

It's too bad he didn't actually hit the move because it would have put an exclamation point on WM19, which I think was otherwise the best WM ever (yeah, better than 17, by a shade).

It's funny because going into WM19 there were two things I wanted to see: Brock finally do an SSP, and Booker T do a Harlem Hangover (his somersaulting elbow drop off the top that he never did anymore). While there was zero indication either would happen, I actually got BOTH of those things. It's like I willed them into happening.

I wonder if the SSP would have been Brock's finisher going forward if he'd hit it here. Or at least a "special finisher", like when Undertaker can't finish someone with the Last Ride or the Chokeslam so he'd go all the way to the Tombstone.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The Shooting Brock Press is what we called that back in the day. If someone fell off their skateboard and landed on their ass or any kind of botch like that, I'd tell them they did a Shooting Brock Press.

It's too bad he didn't actually hit the move because it would have put an exclamation point on WM19, which I think was otherwise the best WM ever (yeah, better than 17, by a shade).

It's funny because going into WM19 there were two things I wanted to see: Brock finally do an SSP, and Booker T do a Harlem Hangover (his somersaulting elbow drop off the top that he never did anymore). While there was zero indication either would happen, I actually got BOTH of those things. It's like I willed them into happening.

I wonder if the SSP would have been Brock's finisher going forward if he'd hit it here. Or at least a "special finisher", like when Undertaker can't finish someone with the Last Ride or the Chokeslam so he'd go all the way to the Tombstone.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's rough. I've never been an ROH fan, but I've always felt like I probably should have been. So many great things stemmed from ROH, like most of the AEW/WWE upper tier of the modern era, and it featured some tremendous factions like Age of the Fall and Bullet Club.

I hope that if ROH is going the way of the dodo, that AEW acquires their tape library and not WWE. There's an AEW Network quietly in the works, and slowly adding ROH to it as a kind of "proto-AEW" would be a HUGE get. They'd also get ownership of the All In show out of the deal. All In would basically disappear from existence if WWE got the tape library.

Meanwhile, not sure how TNA/Impact still exists as a functioning entity. I guess when they start actually having crowds again we'll be able to gauge how much popularity they have as a company. TNA has always been allergic to running crowds. Back in 2009-2012 when I was a big fan of TNA, they were able to draw solid crowds (5k-7k) for their weekly shows and PPVs. Not quite WWE/AEW level but higher than ECW ever did. For whatever reason, TNA management was allergic to spending money, so they continuously kept going back to the 1.1k seat Impact Zone and it stunted their growth by creating the appearance of a small fanbase. Having been to their shows in Philadelphia and NYC, I can say that the fanbase was much bigger and louder than one would have thought. Eventually life imitated art and their fanbase really did shrink to nothingness.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of All In, I liked Tessa Blanchard's music there and I was hoping she'd use it in AEW if she ever signed there. It's different from her Impact theme, but it might be owned by ROH.

Araxen

Jamie Hayter is such a babe.

Vv5y4X.gif

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Poor Pac given the duty to try and help Cody get rid of some of his bad heat. It's an impossible task.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jamie Hayter is such a babe.

Vv5y4X.gif

She has good music too, and if you've seen her wrestle in the UK (back when she was a lot less hot than she is now) she's got a fuckton of presence and charisma. I legitimately think she could be AEW's Becky Lynch in a year or two. Sorta like how Wardlow is a future star under the learning tree of MJF, I expect Hayter to turn on Britt eventually. She actually has a better shot at working out than Wardlow does IMO. The only question is, does TK see what I see.

Just got back from the show, was a fun time. The high point was easily the Ghostbusters entrance, which was legitimately hilarious in-person and actually caused the guy sitting next to me to fall out of his chair.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
These British, Aussie and NZ ladies have asses. To I Storm and Hayter could cripple the black community they have so much ass.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I thoroughly enjoyed MJF's promo on Boston. He was 100% accurate about everything. Boston is a massive shithole. LOL

• 1Truth!

Araxen

I thoroughly enjoyed MJF's promo on Boston. He was 100% accurate about everything. Boston is a massive shithole. LOL

That entire segment was perfect. The entire MJF/Darby feud has gone from meh to wow this pretty good now for me. I'm honestly interested in their match now.