Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Funny Jamie Hayter story, one of the shows I was at this year (Chicago Rampage I think), a guy in the front row was spinning a towel during the Team DMD entrance (or match). Hayter yanked the towel away from the guy and flossed her nether-regions with it (vigorously), then threw it at the guy's face. He looked completely dumbfounded for a second, then took a great big sniff of the towel and pretended to faint. It was the best audience interaction with a wrestler I've ever seen. What I wouldn't give to be that guy

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Funny Jamie Hayter story, one of the shows I was at this year (Chicago Rampage I think), a guy in the front row was spinning a towel during the Team DMD entrance (or match). Hayter yanked the towel away from the guy and flossed her nether-regions with it (vigorously), then threw it at the guy's face. He looked completely dumbfounded for a second, then took a great big sniff of the towel and pretended to faint. It was the best audience interaction with a wrestler I've ever seen. What I wouldn't give to be that guy

whenever the gif of this pops up it cracks me up, dear lawd gimme that sweaty coochie towel

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
whenever the gif of this pops up it cracks me up, dear lawd gimme that sweaty coochie towel

There's a gif of it? I'd like to see any footage of it, because all I have is my memory of seeing it live (I was practically ringside as well).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the way to do a long draw.... Page/Danielson wasn't that. The match felt way too long.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is the way to do a long draw.... Page/Danielson wasn't that. The match felt way too long.

Yeah I thought Page/Danielson went too long. I watched it with a friend who said at the outset that it'd go longer than 30 minutes. I said no way, Omega/Bryan went 30 minutes so Hangman has to beat Bryan faster than that to show his superiority to Omega. Well, I was wrong. The match did feel way too long, and Bryan is still undefeated. I don't think they're doing a great job putting over Hangman TBH. He didn't beat Omega particularly decisively (felt more like 50/50) and he couldn't put Bryan away.

I'm getting like, Barry Windham or Lex Luger vibes from Hangman's booking at the moment. I wasn't watching wrestling yet at that time but I've seen those old shows via the Network. As champion, those guys always felt like they were placeholders for Flair or Sting. Hangman shouldn't feel like a placeholder, he should be The Guy.

Especially when you consider that Roman beat Bryan decisively at Wrestlemania, it was very important for Hangman to get an equally decisive win here. Now Hangman is on a lower level than Roman when he should be AEW's answer to Roman.

(keep it muted the bitch is annoying lmao)

Oh man, it's great that proof exists that this happened. I've told people about it and they were like "no way". Too bad it doesn't show the guy taking a big whiff of the towel and fainting.

Hayter is so goddamn hot. Thunder Rosa is great and I'mma let her finish, but Hayter is the future center of the division.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hook = Ratings.

No, seriously. AEW's main missing demographic is young women. Who got young women to flock to WWF en masse in 1999, significantly boosting their ratings? Edge and the Hardy Boys.

Hook's got that same appeal with young women. Up to this point no one else in AEW really has outside of Jungle Boy and maybe Sammy, and I think Hook's got more of said appeal than they do.

• 1Like

Araxen

Maybe he shouldn't have been so public proposing to her. Him and Tay have been getting a bunch of shit thrown their way.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1639972369732.png

I'm just gonna leave this here

Also...niccccce.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
CM Punk wrestles worse than sting and it cracks me the fuck up, how is that even possible, stings busted up god damn

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So NxT built itself around Ciampa, Gargano, Cole Fish Oreilly and Keith Lee for 4 years - took on AEW head to head and lost and now Ciampa is all NXT has left and Lee is likely to Join Undisputed Era in AEW.

Oooooof

• 1Like

Araxen

The way Tony is holding the mic is so lewd.

They better do more with the Tony/Britt angle someday.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lot of fuss about Vince's tone-deaf comments about firing people. It got me thinking about how Tony Khan seems to be the polar opposite and super anti firing people. At this point he really needs to downsize, if not to save money, to give the people he has more damn TV time. So many great talents are super-underutilized. If you were in charge of AEW and needed to downsize a bit to have a roster more realistically-sized for their amount of TV time, who would you cut?

I'd cut:

-Joey Janela
-Mel
-Emi Sakura, unless her inroads with the Joshi are integral
-Nick Comoroto
-Chavo
-Bear Country
-Luther
-Serpentico
-Peter Avalon
-Tony Nese (Too similar to PAC and Silver)
-Both Sydal Brothers (There needs to be one big shocking release in every set)

I would NOT cut Brian Cage because I think he needs to be used better. Lot of people calling for AEW to cut him so he can go to WWE where he'd be a better fit. Unless he specifically asks for that, I wouldn't. He could be resurrected as a title threat in like one episode of Dynamite if he made a surprise return and demolished everyone in a battle royal, then had a new manager (that hot Latina wife he has) lay down the gauntlet that he has a win over Hangman Page and wants his title shot. Boom. With a longer build you could even do that on a PPV. Cage more than anybody has been under-served in AEW.

Needless

Toe Sucker
As little as it makes sense that Emi Sakura is on AEW as a full time contract (i assume) she trained a lot of the female japanese talent (shida to be specific for AEW) so i think that she's very specifically based off kenny wanting her there

Needless

Toe Sucker
Also as a Stardom watcher, my OG girl turned heel on their PPV last week but they showed her at their main house show without her new gear but her new look and i'm already so fucking hype for her heel reign after being a baby face for 7+ years

1640434907739.png

to
1640434862562.png

it was weird fucking heel turn at first but looking more into it it made a lot of sense, they went with a jealousy angle based off her being the leader of their faction; However their best bout machine is -- and its not even close how good other womens wrestlers as a whole are -- Utami Hayashishita made her turn heel madea lot of sense.

Then you look at past promo videos where she's pretty deliberately gaslighting her faction because she was "in on it" for the past 2 years or something was fucking gold

Last edited:

Araxen

I"m glad Stardom is doing so well. It still sucks that Hana took her life. I was watching Terrace house that she was on, and everyone was really high on her. She could have helped that promotion so much.

Araxen

I can't believe they gave Cody back the belt. AEW booking lately has been dumb.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sammy’s a bitch but miro would have been better for sure lol

Yeh, I don't know why they even took the belt off Miro in the first place. Feels like Sammy lost momentum since he won it. Miro also felt poised for the main event and went nowhere since.

So if Miro wasn't going to be a main-eventer, and Sammy was just going to lose the title fairly soon, why even switch it?

Maybe they think they have more "lightning in a bottle" with Cody than with the above two and want to capitalize on it by pissing everyone off more.