Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just turned off an AEW show for the first time ever. Was it fucking Ring of Honor Rampage?

Eddie Kingston should not be wrestling against and beating young athletic guys. Keep the gut taped up, jesus christ.

Why is the RoH Champion a midget who is into octopuses!? "Amateur Hour" was my wife's comment on that match. Turned it off at this point.

I look up what was next and... does anyone care about Serena Deeb yet? Get the Joshis back ASAP.

I have not enjoyed a second of the RoH stuff other than FTR getting the tag belts and it needs to go.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You know wrestling is in a weird spot when the most exciting thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how well Logan Paul does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Just turned off an AEW show for the first time ever. Was it fucking Ring of Honor Rampage?

Eddie Kingston should not be wrestling against and beating young athletic guys. Keep the gut taped up, jesus christ.

Why is the RoH Champion a midget who is into octopuses!? "Amateur Hour" was my wife's comment on that match. Turned it off at this point.

I look up what was next and... does anyone care about Serena Deeb yet? Get the Joshis back ASAP.

I have not enjoyed a second of the RoH stuff other than FTR getting the tag belts and it needs to go.

Well it's probably a lot of buildng towards the upcoming ROH PPV.
Gresham is a great technical wrestler but I admit the sorts of matches he does well in (ROH Pure Rules) are an acquired taste.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well it's probably a lot of buildng towards the upcoming ROH PPV.
Gresham is a great technical wrestler but I admit the sorts of matches he does well in (ROH Pure Rules) are an acquired taste.
That's true, they just all seem like they were in RoH for a reason and RoH went out of buisness for a reason, and now we get to see what that reason is.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I blame it more on Sinclair Broadcast Group not really wanting to invest in growing that business and continuing to be very conservative with re-opening live events as the pandemic was winding down. WWE and AEW were doing full-size shows and ROH TV tapings were still in empty arenas.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ricky Starks is a future star. TK needs to quit making him eat pins. You can clearly see that Britt knows how to come up with good segments which everyone else on the women's roster except maybe Jade does not. That Anna Jay/Tay segment was cringe as fuck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ricky Starks is a future star. TK needs to quit making him eat pins. You can clearly see that Britt knows how to come up with good segments which everyone else on the women's roster except maybe Jade does not. That Anna Jay/Tay segment was cringe as fuck.
Jade has developed very nicely, I'm shocked that she worked out so well.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
32E69AB6-E2B7-444C-AEFF-78EA31AFFDCC.jpeg

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Attitude Era 2.0 to combat AEW?

It'll be a pale imitation of the first one.

This'll be interesting though because AEW, itself, is already doing an Attitude Era + UFC theme (or trying to).

Network execs are way more willing to let AEW get down and dirty than the previous generation was with WCW.

So we could be seeing an Attitude vs Attitude clash. Two Attitude Eras happening side-by-side in competition. Something I wanted to see in the late 90's, but WCW was held back. That won't be the case here.

With both at TV-14 (though quite frankly AEW would be TV-MA if the execs weren't looking the other way on a lot of stuff) this could get spicy. I could see AEW officially going TV-MA to out-do WWE if both ramp up their adult content.

You won't be seeing the offensive gimmicks of yesteryear (at least not out of AEW) but we'll probably be getting a lot of the other stuff that made wrestling boom in the late 90's to begin with. Hopefully that also includes good storytelling.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Probably because she joined from wcw along with Stacey Keibler?
Well, that too. I guess I should have said before wrestling since I never actually watched her in WWE (I was a WCW person when I watched wrestling and then just stopped watching it altogether). I think she was a fitness model before then.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Now he's mocking kenny, i had a good laugh

Kenny just replied to it today. They've been going back and forth for awhile now. Maybe the match happens at WK at the end of the year.

Edit: Will responded back to Kenny now.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, that too. I guess I should have said before wrestling since I never actually watched her in WWE (I was a WCW person when I watched wrestling and then just stopped watching it altogether). I think she was a fitness model before then.

I was also a WCW guy. Was sad when it got assimilated. WWF was super solid in that timeframe though, so it didn't quite feel like the end of the world and I figured we'd get a relaunch. Instead WWF just stopped giving a shit. They had a good 2002 coasting off of their momentum, much like WCW's early 99, but I haven't been that into it since.

Even as a WCW guy, I think their 2000/2001 shows were pretty bad. I actually liked the Russo stuff in late 99 and mid 00 because at least it got interesting and comical. Young guys getting pushed was much-needed too. Most of my issues were with the Bill Busch era (early 2000) which was a garbage fire of disorganization, and things never recovered because WWF was too strong by then. WCW felt like a C-tier knockoff a lot of the time in late 2000. Scott Steiner having a world title run was great though.

I'll never forget when WCW did a couple of shows in Australia in Oct 2000. It was like being in a parallel universe where WCW had continued gaining popularity after 98 and was on the same level as WWF. They had huge, packed crowds that were loud and excited even for the midcard guys, and Goldberg got a reaction at least on par with what Rock and Austin were regularly getting at the time. For one week it felt like WCW was on the same level as WWF. The next week was Las Vegas (I think) and it was back to the usual dead crowds and dimmed lights.