Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Punk is all kinds of problems, and the fact he keeps injuring himself makes him near worthless, honestly. At best be a tool to put over some new guys or have some "dream feuds" with certain guys...but away from the title picture.

Selling on just mid car mic skills, though. He's not who he used to be on it, but in the old days, Punk was excellent on the mic.
I 100% agree.
CM Punk is the kind of guy that holds a grudge forever and ever.
And I think he is assuming a whole lot of things based on very little and that just spiraled into the chaos we see now.

Sad to see. We could've had some stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I 100% agree.
CM Punk is the kind of guy that holds a grudge forever and ever.
And I think he is assuming a whole lot of things based on very little and that just spiraled into the chaos we see now.

Sad to see. We could've had some stuff.

I'm not sure he's wrong about either what he is assuming or "Knows" through sources, but basically how he does business and his inability to stay healthy just mean it's pointless to have him anywhere near the title discussion. He doesn't need the title to build a good match anyways, plenty of good stories to tell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Has Punk retroactively destroyed his legacy now?

His gimmick was that WWE mistreated him and he fought back with the pipebomb and walking away, but now he's pulled the same shit and worse in a place that gave him everything.

You can't talk about WWE Punk now without the additional context of AEW Punk not being an anti-hero but instead a paranoid, vain, whiney cunt.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think there is still money in this... but I don't think Punk has it in him to put personal stuff aside and do what is "best for business".
Too bad.

That scrum could be the blueprint for a new Heel character in AEW for punk after recovering.
No title needs to be involved and its all about how all these "children" he works with are keeping him from "running a business".
That would be a great place for him to be-

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think there is still money in this... but I don't think Punk has it in him to put personal stuff aside and do what is "best for business".
Too bad.

That scrum could be the blueprint for a new Heel character in AEW for punk after recovering.
No title needs to be involved and its all about how all these "children" he works with are keeping him from "running a business".
That would be a great place for him to be-

He doesn't have it in him.

Punk coming back as an uber-heel and having a PPV match with Omega would print money. Omega would likely be willing to do it, but I doubt Punk would. Matter of fact it's probably the furthest thing from his mind.

And if it comes down to Punk or The Elite, Punk's the one getting the boot.

Course all of this is moot if he sues everybody like he threatened. A lawsuit would have a lot more teeth if Punk were fired over this, as it could be portrayed as an unjust firing and roughly 40 million in lost wages (he has 4 more years on contract and likely makes close to 10m a year between his 5m salary and his chart-leading merch sales).

I don't think TK wants to pay out 40 million dollars when they've finally hit profitability as of 2022.

So firing him is off the table unless the investigation shows him as fully in the wrong. Which it well might from what I've seen.

Even if that ends up being the case, they'll likely keep paying him through his injury recovery time to hopefully avoid a lawsuit.

Sad thing is, TK probably would have kept him and paid him through his injury time even if a lawsuit wasn't even a thing to think about. Taking care of people during injuries is a default for him.

Someone else said that Punk mistook AEW's kindness for weakness, I'd agree.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think the whole thing is a big work by all of them.
If this was ever the case... how come none of it is ever mentioned in live TV?
Even when TK announced that the titles were vacant... he offered no explanation.

They could turn it into a work... but there is no way in hell its a work atm.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's not a work, could be turned into one eventually if Punk weren't brimming with undiagnosed bipolar disorder.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

They had a super-passionate makeout sesh when she appeared as an extra on Dynamite like 6 months ago. (Yes, she's the redhead from the segment where he was the King). I don't think he's ever actually publicly acknowledged her before now.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1663310553755.png

Dynamite and RAW are about to touch tips again!

All of the "ratings are gonna tank now that people know Punk is gone, the real test is next week" people from last week are going to have to crawl back under their rocks because the viewership went up this week and it'll go up again next week.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 433496
Dynamite and RAW are about to touch tips again!

All of the "ratings are gonna tank now that people know Punk is gone, the real test is next week" people from last week are going to have to crawl back under their rocks because the viewership went up this week and it'll go up again next week.
could you explain this graph a little? what do the different colors represent?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
could you explain this graph a little? what do the different colors represent?

Oh yeah, no problem. This is a chart for the infamous "demo rating" that advertisers use to determine what a show is worth nowadays. Goes back one year (so it doesn't have Rampage's high-rated first few episodes anymore, alas).

Blue - Smackdown, which will probably always be at the top due to the advantage of being on a network while the rest are on cable
Red - RAW
Grey - Dynamite

Orange - Rampage
Pink - NXT

Brown? - Impact
Light Blue - NJPW on AXS

The last two are basically ratings non-factors at the moment, Rampage has gone from leading NXT to now being in a tight competition with NXT, and Dynamite is below RAW/SD but close enough to be in contention.

RAW was actually competing more on Smackdown's level for a few weeks until MNF hit, now it's back in Dynamite's tier.

Dynamite has beaten RAW in the demo rating several times which WWE lawyers used to defend WWE in court when MLW sued them over being a "monopoly". WWE legal's defense was essentially "How can we be a monopoly if a competitor is occasionally beating our flagship show" and the defense worked.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wrestling Observer said that RAW has picked up a bunch of returning casual fans since HHH took over and started fixing the show, but these are the exact people who will watch football games over wrestling. So it's no cause for concern.

More interesting I think is how Punk/The Elite are being beaten in the ratings by everyone else. Seems like Tony was a mark for them and gave them too much prominence relative to their drawing power.

My wife watches with me and with no wrestling knowledge she literally hates CM Punk, Young Bucks and Kenny Omega. She likes people like Lucha Bros and Best Friends.