Sports Entertainment

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dusty Rhodes going to that great big pay windah in the sky
frown.png

Profundis

DEFINITIONS - A Dusty Rhodes Lexicon (from Turnbuckle Entertainment)

belly-welly (BEL-e WEL-e) - n. the belly, higher than and in front of the lutamus maxmus (see lutamus maxmus).

bidness (BID-nis) - n. one?s current affairs, ex. ?Taking care of bidness?

cadillac (KAD-lac) - adj. pertaining to a high-risk maneuver or ?cat-like? move, usually from the air.

clubberin (KLUB-ber-in) - (1)n. the art of a duo placing their four
clinched hands on a single opponent; (2)n. four fistses on one head;
(3)v. to deliver such a beating

esactly (ez-AK-lay) - int. a word expressing agreement.

filibustrin? (FIL-i-bus-trin) - v. speaking in a long-winded fashion, a derivative of the English ?filibuster?.

fisties (FIS-tays) - n. plural for the clenched hand, a derivative of the English ?fist?. Usually used in sets of four.

fistises (FIS-tis-ays) - n. alternate form of fisties.

lutamus maxmus (LUTE-a-mus MAX-mus) - n. the hindquarters or glute
muscles, often used in reference to landings or kickings. ex. ?He landed
right on his lutamus maxmus!?

pay winda (PAY win-da) - n. the intended location of a fighter who is victorious.

plunder (PLUN-da) - a piece of furniture, usu. a table, brought to
the wrestling ring as a weapon, whether it is used directly or
indirectly

ragtaggin? (RAG-tag-gin) - (1)n. a physical fight or tussle; (2)v. fighting.

rightowrong (RITE-o-rong) - int. a word used to seek agreement from another party.

slobberknockin (SLOB-a-nok-a) - v. to hit one with enough force as to relieve one?s mouth of excess saliva.

thang (THANG) - (1)n. one or all of the genitals; (2)n. any noun for which there is no other description.

tree of woe (TRE OF WO)- n. a wrestling move employed usu. by Kevin
Sullivan that involves hanging the opponent upside down on the
turnbuckle

uncle (UNK-ul) - v. to force another (person) to submit.

unklin? (UNK-lin) - n. a win by submission.

whirlybird (WHUR-lay BURD) - n. proper name for a tilt-a-whirl suplex

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I literally grew up watching Dusty in the NWA. Such a sad day! =(

RIP Dusty

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched wrestling since right before wcw s bought out. My wife and I decided it would be good times to try out wwe network to watch with our 8 year old son. Money in the bank is the first ppv I've seen in a good long time. What are everyone's thoughts?

Also, a night of wrestling with chicken tenders and loaded fries was utterly ruined by the first words on the screen "RIP Dusty Rhodes"

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The matches were pretty good, but the outcomes almost all sucked. I told my friend before the Money in the Bank match that "the only person I don't want winning is Sheamus, because his character is boring." Reigns would have annoyed me, too, but at least you could have done some sort of Shield angle with him.
I called Cena winning to set-up a rubber match at Summerslam. Now with Cena's "injury", it gives Owens time to drop the NXT title to Balor next month, then he'll go full-time to the main roster.
Don't really care that Rollins* won, but the ending was either botched or ill-conceived. Was really hoping Sheamus would cash in his contract then and there so we don't have to sit through a drawn-out storyline involving him.

I know a lot of that probably doesn't make sense for someone just coming back to WWE, so TLDR; I'd probably give the PPV a B or B-. Matches were generally well done, but the story implications of the results are boring.

j00t

You mean Rollins won, not Ambrose, right? We've been watching things for the last few weeks so we at least know who these guys are... I don't know if it was just because we just met these guys or what but it was hard to be invested in the matches. I don't really care much for Ambrose or Rollins so that was just a terribly long match for us. The diva match was yawns. The cena/Owens match was technically good, but... I mean we've only watched like 3 of his fights and we're already bored of the "HE WILL JUST NOT STAY DOWN!!!" aspects of cena's fights.

Remember we don't know these guys, so we're okay with shaemus winning... But we were rooting for Neville. He really impressed us in a previous match. I have no idea about him though, so I don't know if he's a jobber to the stars or what.

Overall we liked it. I don't know if I'm liking any of the story lines attached to the wrestlers though

Oh, and that would have been awesome if shaemus cashed in literally seconds after Rollins won. Just walked in, cashed in, laughed and brogue kicked him for a pinfall.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I meant Rollins. Corrected that post.
Cena has been a lot more bearable since they moved him out of the WWE title picture and put a secondary title on him. The great thing about the feud with Owens is that Owens says all the things many of us have been saying about Cena for years.

Neville recently came up from NXT and they actually have been giving him a bigger push than I expected. He's losing to guys like Cena and Owens, but they aren't burying him in those losses...he's still able to look "strong" in defeat. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a crack at the Intercontinental title before the end of the year.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the WWE title before Summerslam because Brock Lesnar will be back and I don't know how they're going to make Rollins look like a legitimate threat by then. Maybe him beating Ambrose without the Authority was supposed to legitimize him some, but he still comes off as weak. There's no way they'd let Cena or Lesnar get beat by two cruiserweights like Rollins did last week.

I am interested to see what happens with Reigns and Bray Wyatt, but I'm sick of them getting my hopes up with Wyatt. They put him in these stupid feuds that last about 2-3 months and then he loses at a PPV and the feud just goes away and he finds some other random guy to feud with. I want them to make him a legitimate heel threat, but it's starting to become a joke. They're dropping the ball with Rusev by taking Lana away from him, too. He went from unstoppable to a pussy after he lost to Cena.

j00t

I've only read through part of the thread, but is their any word on what to do next with sting? It seemed like they had this really big push with him right up until WM31 just to have him loose and disappear. I know his contract is pretty limited, but why? Sting has always been just out of reach for wwe, but then they get him just to have him job to triple h?

Profundis

Who knows. There's been some talk of having him vs. Undertaker for next year's Wrestlemania, as that will presumably be UT's last since it will be in Texas, but this far out, it is probably just speculation. I think a bigger reason for them getting Sting on board was for the sake of merchandising, i.e. releasing official WWE Sting action figure(s), DVD's, etc.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Sting is only set to do something like 10 appearances a year or something...and those will all be used to hype whomever he faces at next year's WrestleMania. It's the same thing the Undertaker does...except 'Taker didn't even do that this last year...he only showed up from 'Mania and didn't do a single promo before or after.
Sting is really old...it's not that they don't want him to wrestle, but he only has a couple matches left that HE wants to do.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I really don't care if Sting never shows up again. He was totally blown up not even a few minutes into his match with HHH and he's just not that good anymore. Plus, he's not that big of an attraction to most WWE fans. At least not any that have come aboard since the fall of WCW.

j00t

I've always been a bigger fan of sting than any other wrestler. I remember as a kid watching him fight Vader while I sat a foot away from the TV with a bowl of popcorn. He's old. He's not what he used to be. He is still a legend. I'm not saying he has to destroy lesner or anything.. Just seems silly to make such a huge deal about him showing up then have lose and disappear. I mean, induct him into the hall of fame, show a documentary on him on the network. Get a stunt double up in some rafters to just watch. He doesn't have to wrestle. Taker has a huge history in wwe, so he doesn't need to be around outside of wrestlemania to be relevant.

And looks like lesner is set to fight Rollins next month. They better to do something quick to make Rollins look like he won't immediately break in half. Though, I'd be cool with that.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I am excited to witness Brock destroy Seth in person next month. Glad WWE loves coming to St. Louis.