Sports Entertainment

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So who will be up for the event from Japan tomorrow at 5am? My son gets up around 5 every morning to eat so I'll already be up to watch it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was just dumb. Was seriously like a fucking video game where two players are able to keep mashing the counter button until one fucks up his timing.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
EmbarrassedCarefulBushbaby.gif

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I think they are both trying to hit their finisher. Tanahashi is the only person to ever kick out after a Rainmaker clothesline, so Styles is trying to avoid it while trying to finish him.

Cageside Seats claims Okada (the Japanese guy in thr gif) and Shinsuke Nakamura are getting WWE tryouts soon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously they're both trying to hit a finisher, I'm just saying it looks dumb as hell for that many counters and reversals, like a video game. Including a botched german suplex bridge pin in the middle.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I agree...it looks completely ridiculous and botched. You're at least supposed to pretend like you're not helping the other guy execute his move/reversal.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I think they are both trying to hit their finisher. Tanahashi is the only person to ever kick out after a Rainmaker clothesline, so Styles is trying to avoid it while trying to finish him.

Cageside Seats claims Okada (the Japanese guy in thr gif) and Shinsuke Nakamura are getting WWE tryouts soon.
Shinsuke Nakamura is fucking amazing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I much prefer that counter stuff than the kick out of each guys finisher about 3 times that happens in almost every WWE PPV match.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I much prefer that counter stuff than the kick out of each guys finisher about 3 times that happens in almost every WWE PPV match.
Dude, you realize that gif is a bunch of counters into a no-sold finisher into a botched signature into another finisher? How is that significantly different from WWE?

I mean I agree that the WWE has gone way the fuck overboard in the last few years on kicking out of finishers, but that gif looks terrible.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_102379.jpg

I think we're just going to agree to disagree. I haven't seen the match but, at least to me, a finish like that is way more exciting than the standard WWE finish. I love the Rainmaker as a finisher. It's like what Paul Heyman talked about with SSCA; if the only person allowed to use a headlock was Mark Henry and he used it as his finisher, the move would have strong mystique around it. When someone finally managed to break the hold, it would be incredibly awesome. Watching AJ trying to fight out of the finish only for Okada to finally catch him is exciting.

Dave Meltzer is now reporting that Okada and Nakamura did not have tryouts. Probably for the best because Vince would ruin Nakamura and would waste Okada's talent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
FFS, I'm not trying to defend WWE or attack Japanese wrestling, I'm saying that a gif with a non-stop chain of counters including two finishers and a botched signature looks fucking stupid.

I love the more technically skilled wrestling. That's why I was staying up until 5 am every night to watch Monday Nitro while on Raw Undertaker and Kane were throwing goddamn lightning bolts at each other.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
One week until Battlegrounds. I'm pretty pumped. Keep your eyes peeled for a goofy looking, bespectacled, tall guy wearing a Dean Ambrose T-shart on the hard camera. You might just see me.