Sports Entertainment

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not only that, Charlotte was heavily-advertised as the star attraction of the house show in her home town. So she bailed on a show she was the main draw for.

With her husband #AllElite and her father about to be, I'd say there's a big risk of her jumping except for one thing: WWE has plans for her to be the centerpiece of the women's division for an extremely long time, and rack up titles similar to her father. In AEW she wouldn't be the centerpiece, nor will she be winning 15+ titles. She'll probably lose to Britt Baker and take a backseat to her and possibly also Tessa Blanchard if she signs.

And speaking of titles, I figured there was a 99% chance Roman is beating Cena at Summerslam, but now that Ric Flair is headed to AEW, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them have Cena break his record by winning the title this weekend. Matter of fact I kind of expect it.
Yeah, the Cena thing feels like a very "Vince" thing to do by shitting all over Flair's legacy, just like he did Undertaker's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It would be hilarious if he showed up on Smackdown instead of Rampage, but I feel there is a .005% chance of that happening.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Araxen

I'll be honest I've never watch any of CM Punk's stuff, but this is pretty cool.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

I'd rather CM Punk and MJF do a program. Darby is just ok to me.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think Punk is going to try and put over some of the guys that just need a small push to vault them into super stars.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

I wonder if Vince ever uses copyrighted music again after CM Punk's entrance in AEW. I've always thought AEW's entrance music is pretty forgettable.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder if Vince ever uses copyrighted music again after CM Punk's entrance in AEW. I've always thought AEW's entrance music is pretty forgettable.
Yeah how many people get to jump out of WWE and keep their name, exact gimmick and entrance music?

Jericho? And he had to write/perform his own new entrance music, are there any others?

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit you cant hear his intro music

Yeah, that was absolutely nuts. I think the crowd reaction tonight dwarfed his MITB 2011 reaction even.

lol then stop all that energy for a commercial.

One of the things I don't like about AEW is that they're constantly killing momentum with commercials, rather than putting the commercials between segments. It's pretty irritating after a while.

I'd rather CM Punk and MJF do a program. Darby is just ok to me.

I agree, never really been able to see Darby as a major threat. However he does have the potential to be the next Jeff Hardy, a daredevil sort of character with a massive teenage fanbase. He's much more charismatic when he actually shows emotion and right now he's doing a bit of a Sting impression instead. Maybe that'll subside, we'll see. Either way, the Punk/Darby "feud" is only for two weeks and then they'll be moving onto other things. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

• 1Like