Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Thought this was a really great match. That Gable has some skills and it was fun watching Strowman just suddenly choose the end it. I could get into a gimmick where he puts over his opponent every match only to finish it suddenly in a move or two. Still think he deserpately needs a Heyman in his corner though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If AEW's boss were anyone besides TK, Sammy Guevara would have been YOUR NEW NXT CHAMPION a while ago

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
What a fucking mess AEW looks like backstage. Do they have any adults back there? Get your company together Tony.

Just found this too. I wasn't aware of the Twatter exchange. Can anyone just show up to work, do your jobs, and quit acting like teenager girls bickering on Twatter?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
vince gets a lot of crap for a lot of valid reasons, but that man knew how to run a wrestling company. wrestlers are a VERY different breed of people and need a very specific set of skills in order to manage. i think a huge part of it is that he was around wrestlers since birth, so presumably shane and stef SHOULD have the same capacity for it... but you get people like tony khan and the various owners of tna and wcw that just didn't have that same background and then you get stories like this where the talent start running around unchecked doing whatever they want.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
AEW rules man, give me more chaos; I wanna see Andadre smoke Tony to really attempt to get fired so he can go back to WWE. Go big or go home compadre!

Cody must be laughing though with how retarded the company has been since he left lmao

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I also enjoy the chaos.

Lot of bullshit going around, here's what's up with the latest brouhaha:

-Andrade threw the first punch and Sammy didn't fight back, hence Andrade being punished more.

-Sammy DID do more of the twatter instigating that led to it. Much like the Kingston issue, Sammy never throws the first punch but he tends to rile other people up to want to punch him.

-Sammy got a fully hostile crowd in his match 2 hours later.

This one's just pure speculation: I think HHH might have told a few AEW guys to make an active effort to GET fired. Some (Malakai) are too nice for that, some (Adam Cole) don't want to go anywhere, some (Buddy) want out but aren't sure what to do, some (Andrade) are willing to stir things up as much as possible to get fired.

Chris

Potato del Grande
AEW rules man, give me more chaos; I wanna see Andadre smoke Tony to really attempt to get fired so he can go back to WWE. Go big or go home compadre!

Cody must be laughing though with how retarded the company has been since he left lmao
I normally like drama but "this company is shit" drama makes me not want to watch AEW TV and feel dumb for investing my time into it.

Getting these WWE castoffs was a huge mistake, seems like they were let go for being difficult to work with (CM Punk) or mentally ill (Alistair Black).

People who chose to leave like Jericho/Moxley/Danielson... keep those guys though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I normally like drama but "this company is shit" drama makes me not want to watch AEW TV and feel dumb for investing my time into it.

Getting these WWE castoffs was a huge mistake, seems like they were let go for being difficult to work with (CM Punk) or mentally ill (Alistair Black).

People who chose to leave like Jericho/Moxley/Danielson... keep those guys though.

Absolutely, bringing in people who chose to jump ship was good. For the first couple years that's what it was. Then in 2021 there was a shift to bringing in WWE cast-offs (fired people). Like a jilted ex, these people could never be fully expected to be loyal to their new company.

Matter of fact, Vince might have been playing 4D chess by firing so many people, knowing AEW would gobble them up and run up their expense account.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The tribute NJPW did for Inoki almost brought me to tears. It was so respectful. Classy stuff. Sadly, I can't link it because it isn't on YouTUbe yet.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

I like Moxley, but he needs to stop bleeding in every match. It has no value anymore, and it has become a meme.

Araxen

Brilliant promo by these two.

I've really liked what MJF has done. He's given a lot of backstory to his "character" on the way he acts. This isn't the first promo where he has done this. He's doing it without script writers to do it for him.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users