Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1666890072027.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
View attachment 439997
Larry: "Alright Phil, if we're gonna get people back on our side, you gotta hit me."

Punk: "What?"

View attachment 439998
"Hit me! And make it look good! DO IT!!"

View attachment 440004
"No! I'm not gonna do it Larry! I love you!"

View attachment 440000
"Right in the front teeth! Do it! DO IT!"

View attachment 440001
"NO! I WON'T DO IT LARRY! I WON'T!"

View attachment 440003
"DO IT, PUSSY! DO YOU WANT TO RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS OR NOT??"
Dave Meltzer has claimed that the investigation and into the events following AEW All Out is over, and it’s “pretty clear” what the results are.

Following his victory in the main event of All Out CM Punk attended the post show media scrum and launched a verbal attack on Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks, Adam Page and Colt Cabana. These comments sparked a brawl backstage and everyone involved was suspended as an investigation began.

All involved have remained quiet publicly about the situation, but that changed on October 26th. As it was reported that The Elite would be returning to AEW very soon, a further report emerged with claims from CM Punk. The biggest of these was that his dog Larry was injured during the brawl as the door to his dressing room was kicked in, leaving him needing to have two teeth removed.

Dave Meltzer – “The Response Was ‘It’s An Outright Lie'”

Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez addressed the situation. Both Alvarez and Meltzer disputed that the door was “kicked in” during the fight. Meltzer went on to explain that this was the first time he had heard of the dog being injured. Furthermore, those opposing Punk had branded this retelling of events an “outright lie.”

Needless

Toe Sucker
View attachment 439997
Larry: "Alright Phil, if we're gonna get people back on our side, you gotta hit me."

Punk: "What?"

View attachment 439998
"Hit me! And make it look good! DO IT!!"

View attachment 440004
"No! I'm not gonna do it Larry! I love you!"

View attachment 440000
"Right in the front teeth! Do it! DO IT!"

View attachment 440001
"NO! I WON'T DO IT LARRY! I WON'T!"

View attachment 440003
"DO IT, PUSSY! DO YOU WANT TO RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS OR NOT??"
I like how none of these rumours were mentioned at the time of the shit going down and now suddenly its 20 year old memes

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dave Meltzer has claimed that the investigation and into the events following AEW All Out is over, and it’s “pretty clear” what the results are.

Following his victory in the main event of All Out CM Punk attended the post show media scrum and launched a verbal attack on Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks, Adam Page and Colt Cabana. These comments sparked a brawl backstage and everyone involved was suspended as an investigation began.

All involved have remained quiet publicly about the situation, but that changed on October 26th. As it was reported that The Elite would be returning to AEW very soon, a further report emerged with claims from CM Punk. The biggest of these was that his dog Larry was injured during the brawl as the door to his dressing room was kicked in, leaving him needing to have two teeth removed.

Dave Meltzer – “The Response Was ‘It’s An Outright Lie'”

Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez addressed the situation. Both Alvarez and Meltzer disputed that the door was “kicked in” during the fight. Meltzer went on to explain that this was the first time he had heard of the dog being injured. Furthermore, those opposing Punk had branded this retelling of events an “outright lie.”

Of course it's a lie. Most likely, the dog already had loose teeth, being an older dog, and this was attributed to the brawl by Punk. He likely believes himself about it too. He needs professional help.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The vet appointment was also a pre-existing vet appointment.

So it isn't like it was an emergency vet appointment called to check Larry for post-brawl injuries.

They happened to find an issue during a routine appointment and somebody attributed that to the brawl, but we're only now hearing about it right as the Elite return.

So ah...yeah.

I assume the next "argument" from the Cornette Comment Section will be that AEW paid off all of the investigators to find in favor of The Elite or something.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watching them all struggle to stay in character and utterly fail during this segment was hilarious.
I don't know why the fuck Sami Zayn is in the Usos or why they letting him improv with their biggest star, but it's making me want to watch WWE. That was hilarious.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1667099075948.png

Whoever does AEW thumbnails either needs to be fired or needs a raise, not sure which

1667099112518.png

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AEW is dead to me now. Jeff Jarrett... really? I can't stand that POS. I'll only watch NJPW now I guess.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
AEW is dead to me now. Jeff Jarrett... really? I can't stand that POS. I'll only watch NJPW now I guess.
He's had some good heel runs over the years...and years...and years. Dude is 55 goddamn years old, who fucking makes these hiring picks?

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can understand scooping him up for six months or a year for the institutional knowledge but he can fuck right off forever when it comes to getting in front of the camera.

• 2Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jarrett is mystifying in general but TK's gonna do his thing.

At least some great theme music came with him.

The big hero of tonight was Colt. Great to see what a huge reaction he got (with a small amount of boos from the douchebags).

Baltimore is an ROH town (basically THE ROH town) which is why ROH guys were super heavily focused tonight.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've always loved Jarrett as a heel and never really understood all the hate he gets.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've always loved Jarrett as a heel and never really understood all the hate he gets.

He's a good heel and can be pretty over sometimes.

The hate he gets is because he was significantly overpushed throughout the 2000's, first in WCW and then in TNA. Always had to put himself over more promising talents. Like in Ring Ka King they had some up and coming heels that were pretty over, so Jarrett made himself the "higher power" for them. He just barely ever put anyone over.

A similar comparison would be HHH in the 2000s. At least HHH felt more like he earned his spot by being very over and working hard, regardless of who he was married to. HHH felt like a main eventer, and it was still obnoxious the way he put himself over EVERYBODY from like 2002 to 2013. Jarrett was much the same way, except he looked like a midcarder, and would pop back up every time people thought he'd gone away.

So yeah, basically that's it. I also liked him in the mid-2000's but he really needed to back off from the title picture and put over guys like Styles without always needing to get his win back.

• 1Like

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a bit long, but here is a good video on Jarrett's "reign of terror" in TNA. Things like burying R Truth, and fighting off interference from 4 and 5 guys to beat AJ Styles and Raven.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Never seen Jeff Jarret but everything I have heard is bad. Sounds like "what if a less talented Elias was the top star?".

AEW have some incredible people benched, get these stupid fucking heel managers and RoH stables out of here.