Spring 2013 Anime Thread

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince:Awesome Mecha Awesomeness. God it feels like it's been forever since we've had a good mecha anime and I can't wait for more of this.
I really liked this one too, still catching up on the others. My only problem is that the battle action was a bit hard to follow, but I guess that's probably because it was a large scale battle and they were only fighting small little piss-ant things. It'll probably be really good when they fight larger opponents.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Karnvel:I enjoyed this one the most of the new starts so far, story seemed interesting, I liked the art and action was good.
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince:Very pretty, with great action, but I am perhaps too cynical to take the plot seriously and comic relief chick just completely ruins the atmosphere.
Red Data Girl:Meh. Might watch a few more to see if it gets more interesting

Devil Survivor 2:
This seemed like a less interesting version of gantz to start with, but the wider scale after the train station was unexpected - will watch some more here but not holding out hope for greatness ;p

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge:Ehhh, it was ok, but didn't really grab me.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Zettai Bouei Leviatan:Well, that was really dumb.

DATE A LIVE:That was an interesting sci-fi that looks to have a hilarious twist, looking forward to more.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san:I wasn't originally going to watch this, but I gave it a shot and it turned out to be absolutely fucking hilarious.

Shingeki no Kyojin:Wow, now that was officially the first badass show of the new season. This seems like it'll be Berserk level badass.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, after watching ep1 of Shingeki no Kyojin, its going to be the best or the biggest disappointment.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Majestic Prince:i soooo wanted to like that show because ROBOTS!!! but sending yourworstteam into an important battle just ruined it for me. will watch 1-2 more episodes though.
Samurai-Bride:No, just no.
Leviatan:really?
Photokano:no appeal at all
Crime Edge:kid hairdresser? count me out
Muromi-san:Loved it. Hilariously funny. Definitely gonna watch this.
Kyojin:i concur. potential to be epic. gonna watch this too.

on a related note: finally got around to FMA:Brotherhood. now that's what i call near perfect. great story (so far, i am on episode 16 out of 64), great characters, i was hooked from the start.

Sean_sl

shitlord
If you're go into it expecting typical anime high school wacky hijinx bollocks, you'll not like it. It's...different.
I don't typically go into anything with any expectations, most stuff I watch fairly blind or with a quick skim to see who made it or its general genre.

I'll also watch damned near anything, but I felt that the first episode of this was justbad.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Suisei no Gargantia:Okay, this season is going to be awesome for mecha/sci-fi. This show started off great as well and I really can't wait to see more of it.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Suisei no Gargantia:Okay, this season is going to be awesome for mecha/sci-fi. This show started off great as well and I really can't wait to see more of it.
wow, just wow. most impressive first episode ever. i really hope they can keep up the awesome.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
+1 - that was an amazing first episode.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll feel really spoiled if both series (Kyojin and Gargantia) turn out to be as awesome as their first episodes were.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Magi was good, animation is good, lore is good, story is good, characters are not too annoying which is something that most anime's suffer from nowadays. Alibaba is a pussy but its ok because Morgiana is a certified badass.
The manga is much better then the anime at conveying an epic feel. Definitely one of my top mangas at the moment. Though the current chapters have been kind of slow and a bit disappointing. First episode of Shingeki no Kyojin was pretty damn good. Quality was high but you can tell they are stretching the episodes since there aren't many chapters to animate.

velk

Trakanon Raider
DATE A LIVE:That was an interesting sci-fi that looks to have a hilarious twist, looking forward to more.

Shingeki no Kyojin:Wow, now that was officially the first badass show of the new season. This seems like it'll be Berserk level badass.
I didn't 'get' date a live, for me it just felt too dumb to be funny.

For Shingeki, I was wondering why the love, until about 2/3 the way through when it delivered.. bigtime. A+.

Suisei no Gargantia- this was pure win, if the rest of it lives up to the first episode it will be a classic.

( Btw, I wonder if that 145,000 hours of flight time was a mistranslation, or it's assumed training since birth )

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They explained it right before that line - sounds like they developed some sort of cold sleep + REM combat training. So basically they super train humanity's soldiers whilst they are in cryosleep and being transported to the front lines.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Arata Kangatari:I enjoyed the first ep of this, I think it'll be interesting in the long run. Plus it's animated by Satelight.

Malkav

French Madman
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W : Mahiro is still a fucking pussy.

I'm really fed-up with the harem genre where 99% of the male protagonists are just fucking gays while they are swimming in pussy.