Spring 2014 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've taken the righteous route and finally got crunchyroll and paid for anime. However having done that I realized my inner Sean has seen it all and cancelled my subscription! So with the remaining time left on it I'm going to rewatch eyeshield21 since it's awesome.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Always wondered, as a complete anime novice, is there an anime like the Animatrix Second Renaissance short stories? Something with really gritty, realistic with perpetual war themes is what I'm looking for, the money shot would be non mecha space opera.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Always wondered, as a complete anime novice, is there an anime like the Animatrix Second Renaissance short stories? Something with really gritty, realistic with perpetual war themes is what I'm looking for, the money shot would be non mecha space opera.
Monster?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's an Anime that I just started watching, and I'm hooked. It's only 25 episodes so far (Season 2 is in the works, though). It's fucking great.

It's a new Gundam series, but nothing at all like previous ones. It's Gundam Build Fighters. The concept is they sell Gundam models in Japan (and I guess all over the world, as per the series). People build the Gundam Models and can realistically battle them in these video game simulator things. The concept is to see who's a.) The best at building the models (strongest, best use of components, shit like that) and b.) The best at piloting/fighting them.

It seems that a lot of people are pros at both building and piloting, but the main characters of the show is this kid that builds an awesome model, but can't fight for shit with it. Then this other guy that battles in his place. I love how this show references almost all of the "old" gundam series in the form of models that people use to fight with. It's fun seeing the Wing Gundam battling against things from like 08th MS Team.

There's a world tournament for all of the Gundam fighter people. It's silly, but I friggin' love this show. You can download the whole thing on pirate bay.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10183..._%5BEp_1-25%5D

But then again, you get random characters like this.
41.jpg

Watch this show! It's great.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's a tough request. I was digging around in the realistic genre a little while back, but everything tends to have some odd quirk. It might have mechs, or sci-fi, or fantasy, or its during the samurai era, etc.

Any other allowances to expand on? Ya know, like how Akira is pretty gritty and realistic, but has the sci-fi aspect of it?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There's an Anime that I just started watching, and I'm hooked. It's only 25 episodes so far (Season 2 is in the works, though). It's fucking great.

It's a new Gundam series, but nothing at all like previous ones. It's Gundam Build Fighters. The concept is they sell Gundam models in Japan (and I guess all over the world, as per the series). People build the Gundam Models and can realistically battle them in these video game simulator things. The concept is to see who's a.) The best at building the models (strongest, best use of components, shit like that) and b.) The best at piloting/fighting them.

It seems that a lot of people are pros at both building and piloting, but the main characters of the show is this kid that builds an awesome model, but can't fight for shit with it. Then this other guy that battles in his place. I love how this show references almost all of the "old" gundam series in the form of models that people use to fight with. It's fun seeing the Wing Gundam battling against things from like 08th MS Team.

There's a world tournament for all of the Gundam fighter people. It's silly, but I friggin' love this show. You can download the whole thing on pirate bay.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10183..._%5BEp_1-25%5D

But then again, you get random characters like this.
41.jpg

Watch this show! It's great.
It was cool. the season just ended.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Death Note done (girlfriend wanted to see the end) and starting Psycho Pass tonight.
As stated the last 13 episodes were ok, just not as good.
Psycho Pass is good. I finished watching it recently. Definitely need/want more mature shows like this.

Fadaar

That guy
Wow so Brynhildr skipped from chapter 38 of the manga up to 58 in 1 episode and cut an entire arc. Guess there's not going to be a second season of this after all... guess they're going to cram the next 40 chapters into 3 episodes. Much disappoint.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's a tough request. I was digging around in the realistic genre a little while back, but everything tends to have some odd quirk. It might have mechs, or sci-fi, or fantasy, or its during the samurai era, etc.

Any other allowances to expand on? Ya know, like how Akira is pretty gritty and realistic, but has the sci-fi aspect of it?
My friend stat me down to watch Attack on Titan and I enjoyed that a lot, lots of graphic character deaths, bleak outlook, dangerous world, even tho he explained it's basically a mecha show anyways, he tried to get me to watch some Mobile Suit Gundam anime and I thought it was stupid.

Will try watching Monster and Akira, Monster looks like a big investment, does it start off well?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Will try watching Monster and Akira, Monster looks like a big investment, does it start off well?
That's debatable - I didn't feel Monster got a lot better or worse after the first 5 or so eps, other than the ending ( endings are traditionally a disaster area for anime, so monster is notable in having a good one ), so if you don't like it by then you probably won't like it if you watch the rest. It's pretty slow paced as far as anime goes ( though not to space brothers level I guess ;p ) but I thought it was well worth watching.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You guys could try an older series, Juuni Kokki (or The Twelve Kingdoms). It was 45 episodes long. Should have been a lot longer, as they never really "finished" the story. But it's an anime about this other world type of thing, set in the Renaissance era. There are ruling people and commoners. Animal people. Magics and all that good shit.

It's a show about how to be a good ruler. What makes people happy and what makes them revolt. Very "Game of Thrones" in that mentality. However, it strays a lot from the main story and never really resolves the entire thing. It just ends when it finishes telling you about one of the kingdoms.

Anyway, it's worth watching.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Haikyu!! is awesome - it reminds me of when i first enjoyed prince of tennis.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
12 kingdoms is "hard" for an anime novice to watch imo, since it does deal with A LOT of political stuff and countries and shit, saying it's like GoT is a good analogy, but maybe GoT from only one persons viewpoint, but 10/10 worth the investment.

The Master

Bronze Squire
So whats the new show to watch? All I see are people recommending older shows. Is the current season all shit or what
No Game, No Life is pretty good this season. Some good shows if you like sports anime, Baby Steps and Haikyu!! Mahouka is fun, but it has flaws. Nothing really stand out, you must watch this, this season in my opinion.