Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */no Soma - this will be an entertaining show.

Fadaar

That guy
I watched the first episode expecting it to be horrible... holy shit. The juices, they came from everywhere. I might actually have to keep watching.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
A lot of the new stuff starts this weekend, so keep that in mind. One of them being Fate/Stay UBW.
So this is probably a dumb question, but when/how can I watch this? I usually watch anime long after its already out (finished FMA:Brotherhood yesterday!), but I just watched the rest of the Fate series, and notice that its finishing up this next season. I usually just torrent things, but is there another way to watch these if I don't want to go to jail for downloading a car? Also, it looks like Fate/Stay UBW premieres at 8am local time tomorrow, what's the lag time before a subtitled version is available?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this is probably a dumb question, but when/how can I watch this? I usually watch anime long after its already out (finished FMA:Brotherhood yesterday!), but I just watched the rest of the Fate series, and notice that its finishing up this next season. I usually just torrent things, but is there another way to watch these if I don't want to go to jail for downloading a car? Also, it looks like Fate/Stay UBW premieres at 8am local time tomorrow, what's the lag time before a subtitled version is available?
There are a few legal streaming sites that show legitimate subbed versions within a few hours of the japanese airing. Fate/Stay is on crunchyroll along with 50%+ of most series each season, funimation puts their own shows up on their site, hulu gets some shows although most overlap with the previous two.

All of them are ripped within minutes of going up and put onto unauthorized streaming sites. If you're too poor and too afraid to go unauthorized then CR (maybe Funi too) has a week lag time to watch episodes for free in low quality.

Links to relevant legal locations:
Crunchyroll - Browse Recently Updated Anime
Watch Anime at FUNimation. Watch Streaming Anime Clips Online Free.
Watch Anime Shows Online | Hulu

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Crunchyroll usually has like 80-85% of the shows, only the super niche stuff or Funimation licensed shows don't go there.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched the first episode expecting it to be horrible... holy shit. The juices, they came from everywhere. I might actually have to keep watching.
the manga is pretty entertaining as well. Today, seraph and ubw... if seraph has good animation its going to be pretty cool show.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the responses. Crunchyroll seems like its probably my best bet, and $7/mo aint too bad. I mostly just wanted to watch Fate:UBW, but I also wanted to watch the "new" GITS:Arise series, and I can't seem to find that on any of those sites. Is my search-fu just weak, or is it really not there?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Netflix has the first 3 episodes that were released a while ago. Don't know where you'll be able to find the new ones.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funimation announced rights to ninja slayer, vampire reign, Arslan, and Blood blockade battlefront. Their rights aren't always exclusive but typically are.

They finally came out with an app for PS4 a few days ago. They are finally beefing up their streaming services.

Malakriss

GitS Arise was originally released as 4 movies in Japanese theaters and came out quite a while ago. The series is simply the movies in episode format plus two new episodes (presumably at the end), definitely worth watching if you haven't seen them yet.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I have seen them already, but GITS is my favorite series and I always watch everything multiple times anyway. I just wanted to see how they adapt the movies to an episode format, and the new parts too. Torrents it is I guess.

Malakriss

Is it wrong that one minute into Owari no Seraph I thought "CNN is going to be all over this"

Edit: as various people are pointing out for both Dungeon and Seraph: thank god no crazy censoring just for blood!

Malakriss

Plastic Memories was okay, but I'm waiting to see if it goes Psycho Pass or Blade Runner route before I get any hopes up.