Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the cooking show called?
Shokugeki no Souma, had zero interest in food shows but people raved about the manga so I checked it out. While it is indeed a cooking show, its popularity is likely due to certain other miscellaneous elements.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK...Vampire Reign was legit.
hmm, quite love seraph manga, have good expectation from the show, but it seem they did reduce the violence a lil bit (the manga was much more cruel on the escape), hope they do not tone down too much on the future episodes. Also animation seem bit off, maybe just me though.

Fadaar

That guy
hmm, quite love seraph manga, have good expectation from the show, but it seem they did reduce the violence a lil bit (the manga was much more cruel on the escape), hope they do not tone down too much on the future episodes. Also animation seem bit off, maybe just me though.
The escape was WORSE in the manga? Jesus fuck how? More limbs flying around?

Also UBW needs to get to the action parts already.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just watched Shokugeki no Soma, jesus christ...

F9TKCwn.gif

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Someone has already said Shokugeki no Souma was going to be great so I am just going to second said recommendation.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gave a try to gunslinger stratos, story seem interesting enough, will keep watching to see how it develop.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Positively surprised with arslan senki.
Art and animations are really well done, story too early to tell, only thing i dislike its the main char being a wimp (always hate those kind of show), but hopefully will grow out of it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is going to be a solid season - lots of good shows and lots of throw-away filler shows as well, far better than last seasons rubbish.

Arslan - A+
Baby Steps 2 - A
Denpa Kyoushi - D (Boring and meh)
Kuroko - A
High School DXD B (Followed the other seasons of this, will continue)
Fate, UBW - A+
Gunslinger Stratos - B? (Need to see more)
Seraph of the End - B (Need to see more)
Yahari Ore no Seishun - B (Will use for filler)
Shokugeki no Soma - A
DanMachi - A(Tower of Uruk anyone?)
Plastic Memories - B (Will watch more)
Re-Kan - D (will not even filler)

Fadaar

That guy
This is going to be a solid season - lots of good shows and lots of throw-away filler shows as well, far better than last seasons rubbish.

Arslan - A+
Baby Steps 2 - A
Denpa Kyoushi - D (Boring and meh)
Kuroko - A
High School DXD B (Followed the other seasons of this, will continue)
Fate, UBW - A+
Gunslinger Stratos - B? (Need to see more)
Seraph of the End - B (Need to see more)
Yahari Ore no Seishun - B (Will use for filler)
Shokugeki no Soma - A
DanMachi - A(Tower of Uruk anyone?)
Plastic Memories - B (Will watch more)
Re-Kan - D (will not even filler)
Agree with pretty much all except I never started Kuroko, Baby Steps, or Yahari's previous seasons so not watching those. Have yet to watch Denpa Kyoushi guessing there's a sub out finally? Will have to watch later. Also Re-Kan! doesn't seem THAT bad, but seeing how much other good stuff is on Friday and Saturday it might end up getting skipped.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Re-Kan may not be "bad" its just not my cup of tea - im not rating things based on how it will appeal to other, its just to me its meh.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully Seraph of the End keeps up this quality, that first episode was outstanding.

Ah, going to a school setting next episode, bummer. Hopefully that doesn't last long.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Kekkai Sensen - This felt kind of like baccano for some reason. Story nowhere near as intricate so far though, seems worth a few more eps.

Plastic Memories - Ugh, so sappy. I have to say, they are probably the nicest corporate death squad I have run across though ;p

Arslan Senki - Has potential, main character was too stupid for easy credibility though, presumably that changes with the time skip.

Gunslinger Stratos - I was going to write this one off until the birds showed up again - that was kind of an unexpected left turn for the last third of the episode ;p
What the fuck were they expecting shooting him with paintball guns anyway ? ;p

Seraph of the End - Ah this is clearly the lighthearted romantic comedy of the season. I am optimistic after the first episode, but I can't help but remember that one from a couple of years ago that started with brutal carnage, existential despair and then degenerated so quickly they were having a fanservice beach episode two episodes later.

Shokugeki no Soma - I wasn't even going to watch this, but after seeing people here positive, checked it out - I was very pleasantly surprised by how good it was. On an unexpected level, I am actually tempted to try making his special recipe - cartoon orgasms aside, it actually seems like it could work pretty well.

Dan Machi - This could go either way - the 'real world is actually an rpg' premise is a little offputting when used so blatantly, and his guild leader is a combination of all the worst anime tropes, but it was kind of fun regardless.

Fadaar

That guy
Seraph of the End - Ah this is clearly the lighthearted romantic comedy of the season. I am optimistic after the first episode, but I can't help but remember that one from a couple of years ago that started with brutal carnage, existential despair and then degenerated so quickly they were having a fanservice beach episode two episodes later.
You might be thinking of Total Eclipse. I was fooled by that one too. First 2 episodes were super dark and great, rest of show was retarded.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
You might be thinking of Total Eclipse. I was fooled by that one too. First 2 episodes were super dark and great, rest of show was retarded.
Wont be seraph case, unless it divert totally from the manga, which could be possible since there isnt much content out afaik, so im pretty sure anime will catch up with it before it end, kinda like what happened to akame ga kill, we ll see.