Spring 2018 Anime Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Weird. I only got Crunchyroll because of of the recommend here. A beer a month for all anime basically and anything not there just go to Nyaa? Awesome.

I'd love to get crunchyroll, but it's just not availble here. The anime producers license their shows for overseas release on crunchyroll but not for domestic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Weird. I only got Crunchyroll because of of the recommend here. A beer a month for all anime basically and anything not there just go to Nyaa? Awesome.

Same. That and I only went with crunchy because if I torrented anything licensed off nyaa it usually lead to a cease and desist letter from comcast if i left it seeding for any amount of time after finishing the download. not that I get too bothered by those, I just don't want enough on my account history to get disabled before my stupid HOA run by ancient people lets fiber get installed here.

Comcast and their letters always cracked me up. I've even received one for torrenting an HBO show that I missed (pre-DVRs) when I had an hbo subscription. Makes me glad hbo has their own streaming service so I don't have to get the overpriced cable package for shit i wont watch.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I just download everything off Horriblesubs IRC bots. Only have to torrent the shit Crunchyroll doesn't pick up for the most part.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
frig, i checked this to see if made in abyss S2 is coming but it's clearly very far away

:(

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I guess we are getting 12 episodes again for Shokugeki?

It's gonna be like last season again and barely advance the plot. The advancement exam arc has been going on forever in the manga and is still not finished.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So BTW in Franxx. Did Hiro forget about 02 because of here lol human disguise. Or do you think there will be some other reason he didn't remember her?

I think he just forgot about his promise with gayboy because it was stupid.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

you guys recommended some anime's last year, I enjoyed a few of them... one was a "your in a game / RPG" - but was only 1 season... and not I cant remember what it was to see if the 2nd season was out. Guess i could try and search the forums for my old posts haha

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
you guys recommended some anime's last year, I enjoyed a few of them... one was a "your in a game / RPG" - but was only 1 season... and not I cant remember what it was to see if the 2nd season was out. Guess i could try and search the forums for my old posts haha

How long ago? The most recent one was Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, I can't remember any other single-season game/rpg isekai shows in the last year.

Maybe you were thinking of Overlord? 2nd season just wrapped up.

If you widen out to general Isekai shows there's a /lot/ more.

Edit: there was also that Chinese one called Quanzhi Gaoshou

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is the anime you're talking about. They haven't begun animating a 2nd season. I follow the book's author on twitter, and he doesn't seem to believe that a 2nd season is ever coming for that show either. On the other hand, the Light Novels are excellent. I'd suggest reading them if you get a chance. They're very quick (you can finish in a weekend), but you can get them on Amazon for $6 per issue. The amazon title is Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah the whole transferred to another world/stuck in a game genre has been beaten to death, resurrected, and beaten to death again the last few years. Gotta be way more specific.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Golden Kamui had a great start, 3D bear notwithstanding. Added it to my to watch list.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I guess we are getting 12 episodes again for Shokugeki?

It's gonna be like last season again and barely advance the plot. The advancement exam arc has been going on forever in the manga and is still not finished.

I think Shokugeki is confirmed for 25 episodes this season.

Edit: Actually that was Hero Academia.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Please note that Shokugeki is a continuation of the 3rd season. The first episode was #13.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dan matchi sequel and movie announced, no release date though, I'll be back when those come out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Ahh thanks, I actually looked up my old IPT history lol - it was Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - sad there is no s2... I actually liked it better than SAO and other stuck in game shows- but as said...that "novel" idea was latched onto in a hurry and I am sure was oversaturated. I liked Grimgar as it didn't hit you over the head with the being in the game thing like others, or "this is strange, but its how it is" by the characters, the characters just - it was how it was. The world was decent, characters fun...it was not overly deep and convoluted... so maybe that's why I liked it.

oh well, sad no s2 to find - figured its been awhile and I could pick it up...guess not

thanks again all

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Seriously, try the light novel. The writing is incredible. I really liked the anime, so that's why I tried it. The writing is so much better than the anime portrayed.

Based on the light novels, season 2 of DanMachi would be...
The next major focus of the novels is a war between everyone's favorite, Hestia family, and the light god, Apolo family. He wants to "take" Bell from Hestia because the silver haired goddess that was responsible for most of the problems in season 1 likes him so much.

This would be an incredible season 2. I can't wait.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ggo spin off was surprisingly good. And that's coming from someone who hated this part of sao.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ggo spin off was surprisingly good. And that's coming from someone who hated this part of sao.

I saw the words "battle royale" in dialog and threw up a little bit, but I did enjoy the episode :p. As long as Kirito or any of the other characters don't make an appearance you can pretend this isn't even associated with SAO besides the GGO game moniker.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Ok, Caligula... I'm just scratching my head now.

• 1Like