Spring 2020 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding Nami yo... she's a damn fast talker. That's what he means about twice the dialogue. She just rambles on and on.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Tower of God is one of the few ones I've read, it's really weird seeing the animation look exactly like the original art. It's good though.

I'm interested to see if they update some of the translation - the english translation for a lot of the early-mid bits are kinda sketchy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I started watching Bookworm from last season, and as of ep7 the show really good, way better than I had thought it could be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
way better than I had thought it could be.
I find it really refreshing to have a female protagonist that is neither a Mary Sue nor a list of trope checkboxes.

Also, Hamefura turned out better than I expected, Maaya Uchida really brings the character to life. It's a parody of the otome game and isekai tropes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I started watching Bookworm from last season, and as of ep7 the show really good, way better than I had thought it could be.
I had completely missed that one, thank you. It's really much better than you'd think by casually looking at the description. Reminds me a bit of kemono no souja erin.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Bookworm off to a good start too. Lutz is probably going to be Best Boy this season as well.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
TOG Episode 2
What a relief after the first episode disaster. The pacing and flow is much better and they managed to pull off Leesoo as being funny.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying Darwins Game - just started it at random

I did the same thing last week as a random show to put on while im falling asleep. Knocked out all 8 episodes in two nights. It is a surprisingly fun watch.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TOG Episode 2
What a relief after the first episode disaster. The pacing and flow is much better and they managed to pull off Leesoo as being funny.
Yea, I came here to say pretty much the same thing. I'm optimistic that they will handle this series quite well. The VA for Lero Ro doesn't quite fit, imo, but its a small thing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just watched the second and episode and man im really digging it. I am surprised because i saw it on CR list for a while and kept ignoring it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The VA for Lero Ro doesn't quite fit, imo, but its a small thing.

Same, not what I was expecting, but I'll get used to it. I liked the guy as Overhaul in MHA though.

Rak is best gator. Just the right mix of comic relief and badassery.