Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Watched higehiro ep 1 last night, liked it a lot.

It's a slice of life but different. Ep 1 made me wanna know more about the situation.

Highly recommend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Toy Story 1 was 1995 and that was in the middle of the Disney animated era most people remember.

My Cinemark occasionally did anime movies as special events but it was limited selection, likely only the ones they expected to make money on. I recall there was bitching about the US airing of SAO: Ordinal Scale because they had translated interviews with the actors that aired as an intro. Obviously they talked about scenes and spoiled a few before the movie even started.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Full Dive was pretty interesting for a first episode. I wonder how much deeper in shit this dude will get.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
How Not to summon a Demon Lord - Barely 90 seconds in and we're at tentacles... forgot how overpowered this guy is for this world. Looking forward to them going through a dungeon though.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its a good one. I like that he's a neckbeard and to overcome his social anxiety he just LARPs his character role.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Vivy was amazing. Fully looking forward to this every week now.

So the bear AI stopped her from saving the girl then fucked off for 15 years? What a time skip. My guess is Estella probably has a virus of some kind. (Space Hotel called "Sunrise"..crashing into Earth...someone's a Gundam fan). And crashing into the ocean was to minimize the casualties but I wonder how it'll plays out.

This animation is just top tier:

d5okfxH.jpg

Space shot:

jIFqirB.jpg

Crash
9uYKDB3.png

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Shadows House is really really really....really...weird. Good songs though.

The people of the house are literally shadows

hGRXHFJ.png

and the ..i guess MC is a doll cleaning the house?

m7ImOVV.png

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kumochan is back!
The new Slime slice of life is off to an interesting start. I will enjoy this, but I see a lot of folks bitching about the main series being on break until summer.
First ep of 86 was pretty good. Will continue.
Mashiro no Oto is shaping up to be one of my favorites for the season, but I love shamisen.
Fruits Basket is so good. Sad that it's the final season.
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord off to a wonderful trashy start.
300 years killing slimes seems to be very much like Kuma Kuma Kuma Beat, but main VA is the same as Kumochan.
Thunderbolt Fantasy never makes any sense, and it is fucking glorious.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
300 years killing slimes seems to be very much like Kuma Kuma Kuma Beat, but main VA is the same as Kumochan.
Yeah I looked her up and she's pretty prolific. The reason she seemed so familiar to me when I first started Spider is because she voices Tamaki from Fire Force, although she also does Froppy from MHA (I didnt recognize her on that one).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dragon goes house hunting is definitely the winner for me so far this season. It's super adorable and enjoyable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I watched Super Cub. Expected a 20 minute Honda commercial. Unexpected dark undertones, very comfy otherwise with a bit of dark humor. "How many did these kill?"

It's "cute girls doing cute things", but with lesbian vibes. But the girls aren't human, and it's a fantasy world. At least they are not all Lolis like in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, so it's okay.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I watched Super Cub. Expected a 20 minute Honda commercial. Unexpected dark undertones, very comfy otherwise with a bit of dark humor. "How many did these kill?"

It's "cute girls doing cute things", but with lesbian vibes. But the girls aren't human, and it's a fantasy world. At least they are not all Lolis like in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, so it's okay.
Not everything in life is about lesbians, Mist.