Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dragon goes house hunting is definitely the winner for me so far this season. It's super adorable and enjoyable.

Yeah, this is a pretty good show. The dragon itself is a little annoying, but the supporting cast is great. Dearia is awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Princess of Snow and Blood... I really like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And so far, I've been really lazy. Haven't watched a single new show. I downloaded the first episode of all of them. I should get a chance to jump into it this weekend.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Fumetsu no Atana was unexpectedly very different from the usual run of stuff. I thought it was really good

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And so far, I've been really lazy. Haven't watched a single new show. I downloaded the first episode of all of them. I should get a chance to jump into it this weekend.
just be like me and netflix and chill the whole season at the end!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My god spider chans fucked up non linear timeline has started to make a little sense!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My god spider chans fucked up non linear timeline has started to make a little sense!
You're right. And here's an even better time line from one of the light novels. The series makes WAY more sense reading it than just watching things jump around.

Anime episode 14 shows what happens in the last year on the timeline (856). Keep in mind this is only a timeline up to book 4 of the Light Novel. That said, the story in later books continue revisiting the history of the main characters and puts more clarity on events that happened.

TIMELINE KINGDOM HISTORY

Year 798Ronandt becomes the youngest head court mage of the Renxandt Empire in history.
Year 801Meicis the hero is killed in battle at Fort Kusorion.
Darresmeig is appointed as the new hero.
Year 803Darresmeig the hero defeats Demon Lord Atomos.
Year 804Darresmeig the hero disappears.
Year 807Sword-King Leigar abdicates the throne of the Renxandt Empire and disappears.
Largis becomes the new sword-king. Ronandt becomes his adviser.
Year 829Sirius becomes king of Analeit Kingdom.
Year 832The first prince of Analeit Kingdom, Cylis, is born to the true queen.
Year 833The first princess of Analeit Kingdom, Leiresia, is born to the king’s first concubine.
Year 834The second prince of Analeit Kingdom, Julius, is born to the king’s third concubine.
Year 837The third prince of Analeit Kingdom, Leston, is born to the king’s second concubine.
Year 840The second prince, Julius, becomes the hero.
The previous hero, Darresmeig, is thus assumed dead.
An unusual young taratect individual is sighted in the Great Elroe Labyrinth. A wyrm egg and spider thread are collected from its nest and presented to the royal family.
Increase in demon activity.
Year 841The fourth prince of Analeit Kingdom, Schlain, is born to the king’s third concubine.
The second princess of Analeit Kingdom, Suresia, is born to the true queen.
The first child of Duke Anabald, Karnatia, is born.
The first prince of the Renxandt Empire, Hugo, is born.
The king’s third concubine passes away.
The empire army, led by Ronandt, encounters the “Nightmare of the Labyrinth” in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
The Nightmare of the Labyrinth and a queen taratect emerge from the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
Ronandt temporarily disappears.
Year 842The Nightmare of the Labyrinth appears in Sariella.
The Sariella and Ohts regions go to war. The empire and the Followers of the Word of God support Ohts.
Julius the hero battles the Nightmare of the Labyrinth and escapes with his life thanks to Ronandt’s rescue.
Julius the hero temporarily becomes Ronandt’s pupil.
Kidnapping and slave trading occur successively in various locations.
Year 843The Nightmare’s Vestiges are identified in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
Year 844The first princess, Leiresia, marries the first prince of the Teresent Kingdom and studies abroad there.
Year 845The Sword Demon appears in the empire.
Ronandt successfully drives the Sword Demon away.
Year 846The Word of God religion exposes a large-scale human trafficking organization.
As a result of this incident, Julius the hero adds Jeskan and Hawkin to his party.
Year 847Schlain, Suresia, and Karnatia undergo the Appraisal ceremony.
Year 848Feirune hatches from the earth wyrm egg.
Year 850Potimas, the chief of the elves, visits the kingdom as a friendship ambassador.
Potimas’s daughter Filimøs studies abroad in the kingdom.
Julius the hero is caught in a demon trap and attacked but manages to escape.
Year 851Schlain, Suresia, Karnatia, and Filimøs enter the royal academy.
The empire prince Hugo and the future saint Yurin make contact with them.
Julius the hero defeats one Nightmare’s Vestige in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
Prince Hugo attempts to assassinate Schlain.
An earth wyrm attacks the royal academy.
Year 856The great human-demon war begins.
Julius the hero is killed in battle.
A coup d’état occurs in the Analeit Kingdom.
King Sirius passes away.
The fourth prince, Schlain, flees with fellow collaborator the third prince, Leston.
The Word of God announces Prince Hugo of the Renxandt Empire as the new hero.
At the same time, the second princess, Suresia, is announced as Hugo’s fiancée.
The empire declares war on the elves for participating in the kingdom’s coup d’état and begins raising an army.
The empire army and the Demon Lord’s army invade the elf village.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, Froppy's voice just sounds like regular Aoi Yuuki today instead of the voice she normally does.

Kumoko in MHA? It's more likely than you think.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Damn Vivy.... looking to be the best of the season for me:

Fight scenes were great and the OST that went with it was even better.

Shadows house is definitely different. How the living dolls have to be out in public is not at all what I was expecting. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Out of the new anime this season, the ones I look forward to most are:
1- To Your Eternity
2- Vivy
3- 86

I hope Tokyo Revengers is just off to a slow start.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song

If 12 monkeys and Violet Evergarden decided to have children.

Awesome show so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
If you guys haven't seen Shadows House or given it a try. You should give the first couple episodes a try:

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Oh shit welcome to demon school hiruman kun is back. What a good surprise.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Vivy : this just seems very good overall. My predictions - the bear is a lying sack of shit.

Joran : this has really nice art, good animation and an interesting story. Will keep going with this one.

To Your Eternity : remains intriguing. One of the benefits of such a strong first episode is that I am not actually 100% sure that March is making it out of this one, which is unusual enough to add some extra tension.

300 years of slime: For the people that thought Bofuri was too scary and violent, and thought Kuma Bear's gritty realism was too grimdark. May cause diabetes in large doses.

Combatants will be Dispatched - this is ok, but I find some of their attempted humor almost physically painful.

86 : nothing really wrong with it, but first episode didn't grab me. Will probably give it a few more before deciding whether to continue.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like I'm watching a different Joran than you guys.

Disjointed story, strange art style, terrible animation and fight scenes.