Spring 2021 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose!

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2021-04-14

Cast: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Inori Minase, Ayane Sakura, Saori Oonishi, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Takuma Terashima

Overview: My childhood friend Shida Kuroha seems to have feelings for me. She lives next door, and is small and cute. With an outgoing character, she's the caring Onee-san type, this being one of her greatest strengths. ...But, I already have my first love, the beautiful idol of our school, and the award-winning author, Kachi Shirokusa! Thinking about it rationally, I should have no chances with her, but, while walking home from school, she only talks to me, with a smile even! I might actually have a chance, don't you think?! Or so I thought, but then I heard that Shirokusa already has a boyfriend, and my life took a turn for the worse. I want to die. Why is it not me?! Even though she was my first love... As I was drowning in despair and depression, Kuroha whispered. —If it's that tough for you, then how about we get revenge? The best revenge ever, that is~

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Spring Anime 2021 Thread

spring-2021.jpg

Another big season ahead of us. I'm really looking forward to the return of Boku no Hero Academia and the next season of DanMachi. It's going to be a good ride.

And looking at the bottom of that long list of shows, I knew that some of those characters looked familiar...
ObNRAfW.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I swore I saw it in there... Let me look again.
EDIT: Shit, you're right and I suck at reading. It's an OVA all the way at the bottom of the list.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm hyped about Sentouin, Hakenshimasu (Combatants Will Be Dispatched!) Its made be the same guy that did KonoSuba. Agent Six is a fucking hero.

agent6a.png

agent6b.png

(he gets points for an evil organization "shopping catalog" whenever he does misdeeds)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
MHA and Megalo Box for sure. SSSS.Dynazenon because Trigger and Gridman was a solid throwback show. Zombieland Saga was amusing trash, so I'll that a try as well.

Beyond that I'll wait and see.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Boku no Academia is back!
Shaman King? I ... maybe? If it's based on the original manga run it should be pretty awesome.
Mashiro no Oto - If it does shamisen like Your Lie In April did piano then I will be all in.
THUNDERBOLT FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fuck yeah!
Megalo Box 2 - Easy choice seeing how fucking awesome S1 was.
Fruits Basket - Final season should bring the awesome.
Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion Z - I see robots, I will give it a try.
Marimashita! Iruma-kun - All in already, I love the manga and the first season was great too.
Kumochan! - Fuck yeah!
Maikosan - I only saw 1 ep show up on CR so not sure what happened last season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've said it before but I really hope they plan to slow down the power creep for a bit with MHA. I want more of them tangling with their classmates (which thankfully is the main focus of this upcoming season) or low level villains and less of the crazy life and death struggles like the Overhaul arc.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Things I will check out:

86: It's going to be a split 2-cour show, so they are most likely not rushing through the source material. Original LN volume 1 was very good and conclusive, LN 2+3 lag a bit. The show will depend on production quality, pacing and mecha design. The CGI in the PV didn't look that fluid, though.

To your Eternity: Adaptation of the new manga from the author of "A Siltent Voice". The story needs a bit to find its pace and footing. Previews looked decent enough.

Farewell, my dear Cramer is another manga I just read recently, from the author of "Your Lie in April". The manga was enjoyable, but most people here proably won't find it interesting. Sports without any hints of romance, realistic without "power of friendship" bullshit, football, and it's girls to boot. The cat fights and trash talk are enjoyable, though.

And finally with the last season of Fruits Basket I can finally binge the whole series after watching the first adaptation, giving up on it and reading the manga instead.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
First eps on CR.

Mashiro no Oto - Off to a good start. Really good slice of life vibes.
BHA - The usual amount of awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man I know a My Hero spoiler so fucking juicy I'd probably get yelled at for posting it here even under triple spoiler tags. Think it might get revealed this season.

Nice that we've finally met All For One's little brother.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database