Spring 2022 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess nobody is really surprised that AoT isn't ending until 2023, but REEEEEE anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Spy x Family was pretty good.

Yeah I read a bit of the manga when it started, the kid is funny, I'm looking forward to this one.

My slice of life comedies for this season will be Aharen Is Indecipherable and Demon Girl Next Door (glad we got a second season of this one).

Drama wise, Deaimon could be good, good start.

Skeleton Knight should be a fun isekai.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched Yuusha, Yamemasu yesterday and it was decent. Concept is this guy is part of an elite group that's full of people who aren't elite. They go to a battle to defeat the Demon Queen, and everyone else dies except him, who then goes on to defeat all of the Demon Queen's army before defeating her as well. But when he gets back to his own kingdom, all the locals that he protected think that he's a monster for being able to handle it all on his own. So he decides to join the Demon Queen's army and help rebuild it.

It's an interesting starting point, and the show wasn't bad.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I watched Yuusha, Yamemasu yesterday and it was decent. Concept is this guy is part of an elite group that's full of people who aren't elite. They go to a battle to defeat the Demon Queen, and everyone else dies except him, who then goes on to defeat all of the Demon Queen's army before defeating her as well. But when he gets back to his own kingdom, all the locals that he protected think that he's a monster for being able to handle it all on his own. So he decides to join the Demon Queen's army and help rebuild it.

It's an interesting starting point, and the show wasn't bad.

isn’t this old? I saw something similar like 7 or more years ago.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This seems to be a brand new series. But it's very likely that there was the exact same story in another anime. They recycle ideas much like prime time TV shows.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man why can't there be new seasons of shit I actually want to see. Like more

Jujutsu Kiasen
My Hero Academia
Overlord
Slime
Spider
One Piece that doesn't move as slow as balls
Hunter Hunter

instead it feels like the last two seasons have been hot garbage.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Man why can't there be new seasons of shit I actually want to see. [...] instead it feels like the last two seasons have been hot garbage.
They are doing these as fast as they can. For example, Overlord returns next season, and MHA in fall. Hiatus X Hiatus will probably never return, because the source material dried up.

If you can't find anything in a season, it's time to pull out your "plan to watch" list and check out some classics. Also, in the last few seasons there has always been at least one dark horse show. One that nobody really had on the radar, but was good anyways. Things like Odd Taxi and Ranking of Kings.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
demon king and hero sounds like the similar one youre thinking about
It was this

Also how did i miss season 3 of Kingdom? Gives me something to binge!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was this

yup thats the english name

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched a few more shows now, Spy and Deaimon have been the best (aside from Bookworm, which is still great). I'm hoping the animation quality of Spy continues.

Malkav

French Madman
Watched a few more shows now, Spy and Deaimon have been the best (aside from Bookworm, which is still great). I'm hoping the animation quality of Spy continues.

Cloverworks rarely disappoint animation wise, and it seems they are collaborating with Wit Studio on this one too, so yeah, the whole run should be great.