Spring 2022 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok seriously, what is the appeal of Evangelion? Dad sends for kid and adults turn into idiots and get upset he’s not into piloting a giant robot. The start of 1:11 is just balls and you need to turn off your brain and throw away all forms of logic to accept the start.

He should have told his dad and those random bitches to fuck off and drop the mic.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Ok seriously, what is the appeal of Evangelion?
By today's standards not much, as the mix of big conflict paired with personal conflict, mixed with psychology and grimdark future, paired with an underlying mystery and a continuous story, that also doesn't solve major plot points every episode until way later, is almost standard in modern anime. Look at Attack on Titan for example.

In 1995 however, this was groundbreaking. This was decades before American TV found out about this formula and produced shows like Lost.

He should have told his dad and those random bitches to fuck off and drop the mic.
He is 14. How many 14 year olds have you seen do the sensible thing? Especially when the mother is dead (well, officially) and he looks for validation from his father, his only living relative?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a link to where I could get Summertime Rendering? Subsplease doesn't have it so far.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also found ep1 on Usenet/Newsgroups. I liked it, if you're into timeloop type anime, this could be of interest.

Edit: SpyxFamily is so good.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few more shows now, Spy and Deaimon have been the best (aside from Bookworm, which is still great). I'm hoping the animation quality of Spy continues.
Spy seems to be the best thing this season. Lot of meh, but it’s kinda early to judge

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, this took me a long time to accomplish, but I've finally gotten to watch the first episode of EVERY new show. Here's my quick review. And after making this list, I see just how many shows I've greened. That's going to need a heavy edit in the coming weeks. I'll drop down to maybe 5 total shows in the week.

Monday

Healer Girl - Singing? I guess it's an idol show, mascarading as almost like a super hero show. I'm not into it at all.

Honzuki no Gekokujou S3 (Ascendance of a Bookworm) - Bookworm. She's back and ready to expand her business again. I liked the previous 2 seasons, so I'll continue.

Tuesday

Yuusha, Yamemasu (I'm Quitting Heroing) - The main warrior who defeats the Demon Queen gets pinned a monster by the kingdom he saved. So he left the kingdom to work for the Demon Queen instead. It isn't a bad story, so I'll stick with it for now.

Tomodachi Game - It really gives off the feeling of squid game. Someone has a lot of debt, but the 5 friends are forced to take it on equally. But then they don't do that either. It's strange. It's not voilent outside of the initial tazing, but no one seems to be dead. So I'm going to pass. It's not good.

Birdie Wing - Golf Girls' Story - Girls golf... something about hiding her identity to pretend she's someone else. I just don't care at all. Pass.

Wednesday

Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru (Greatest Demon Lord Reborn as Typical Nobody) - Some king is the demon lord because he can't be defeated. So he decides to die and reincarnate in order to find someone that can beat him. So he turns 10 again, and he's a huge nerd that doesn't know how to speak with anyone. It's silly, but not horrible. I'll stick with it for now.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari S2 (The Rising of the Shield Hero) - Shield Hero is back. I remember reading all of the currently released light novels when the series first came out, but this isn't really ringing many bells, though I do remember the Turtle as a fixture. I don't remember the other girl becoming a slave, though. Oh well, I'll watch and enjoy it.

RPG Fudousan - Blimp flying through the air with a singing witch aboard. Elves. ...and it's a show about Real Estate. Well, renting a room. RPG is Rent Plan Guide. This show sucks.

Deaimon - Girl always goes to the bus station to find her musician deadbeat father that left. Slice of life show. The musician goes back to his grandparent's house to help out at their restaurant, and the girl lives there, ready to take over that restaurant. Now they bicker amonst each other, and the grand parents suggest that he addopts her as his daughter. It was decent, so I'll stick with it for now.

Estab-Life - Great Escape - Distant future. Bad story, bad characters, bad everything.

Thursday

Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai (Miss Shachiku & Baby Ghost) - Ok, baby ghost. And people with animal tails and shit. Its "aww, so cute!" animation style doesn't do it for me. Everyone walks around like a captive. There's no blinking at all, and it makes things look strange. I don't like it.

Paripi Koumei (Ya Boy Kongming!) - Reverse Isekai. General from ancient Japan is summoned to current day, but thinks it's hell. It's entertaining. The general determins he wants to help this singer girl achieve her dream for reasons.

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu (Skeleton Knight in Another World) - Episode starts with a rape scene. But then we meet the hero who instantly kills the rapists. MC is a skeleton that's also a knight. The skeleton knight is a character someone was playing in a video game when he fell asleep at the keyboard, waking up in this world as the character. I like it a lot.

Heroine Tarumono!~ Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto (Heroines Run the Show) - Slice of life. Some country girl goes off to high school in Tokyo. And I guess two of her class mates are the stars of a J-Pop group. She applies for a random job and ends up being hired as the pop-group's manager in training. It's decent.

Machikado Mazoku S2 (Demon Girl Next Door) - It's about Magical Girl & Demon Girl. And I don't care, plus it's season 2 and I didn't watch the first. Pass.

Mahoutsukai Reimeiki (Dawn of the Witch) - Isekai show. Guy is a magician that can't remember anything prior to when he began studying at the magic school. And if he doesn't get any better in 3 years, he will be kicked out of the school and lose all of the memories he acquired while at school. He'll be a blank slate. It's actually not bad of a show.

Friday

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita (Proving the Science of Love) - Something about science class and lab coats. They're trying to set it up like a rom-com, but it's pretty heavily garbage status. Pass.

Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de (Love After World Domination) - High quality animation. Beautiful scenery, but begins with a strange plot. A girl with bones on her outfit baked cookies and gave them to a dude in a red power ranger type outfit. They love each other. Then a few seconds later, we see a bunch of these bone henchmen people fighting other power ranger types. While the fighting happens, we see the first two snacking together quietly on a cliff that everyone else is fight under. It's oddly enjoyable.

Date a Live IV - Strange show. a guy goes on a date with a spirit to seal her soul. And there's a company that orchestrates these dates, and an evil company that captures these souls in the first place. That's why romance company tries to seal the soul, so it can't be stolen by bad company. This is terrible.

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai S3 (Love is War?) - It's a season 3, but I haven't watched the previous 2 seasons. That said, I thought the intro was silly in a good way. At first, it was humerous psychological torture. Then the show changed to ah education on LINE messaging app. Silly also. Then it changed yet again into an arm wrmestling compestition. I'll see how the 2nd episode goes.

Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road (Executioner & Her Way of Life) - Isekai, but they kick him out as an intruder. Turns out his power is to nullify everything, and these priestes people are executers that clear up the summoned people and restore balance to the world. It's unusual, and I like it.

Jantama Pong - It's a show about Majong. Very very short (a minute in a half) and very very childish. I'm going to pass.

Dance Dance Danseur - A show about ballet. And look, guys that are "almost black" woth afros can do it also. This animated character is so brave. Ok, I really liked Ballroom when that was out, but this show is not that. Hard pass.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Aharen is Indecipherable) - Slice of life. This girl is too clingy but really quiet, and a guy thinks he looks too thug-like. It's somewhat cute.

Shadowverse Flame - It's a card game show, and I already don't care. I never like this type of show, so I'm not even going to give it more than a 5 second viewing. Pass.

Saturday

Love All Play - Another Badminton show. Japan really wants people to care about a boring game, I guess. But they have a great track record with other sports type shows that keep my interest even though the sport itself is boring to me. So I'll watch another episode and see if there's anything keeping my interest.

Ao Ashi - Sports Anime again, this one's about soccer. I remember playing the game back in like... 1st through 7th grade. I was never very good, but I enjoyed going none the less. Maybe it was just for the Orange slices and Hi-C juice boxes. This shit was the bomb back then. Anyway, I'll watch another episode or two and see if it's worth keeping.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki S4 (Observation Diary) - 3 minute show of a bunch of poorly animated children arguing with each other. Garbage and hard pass.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai S2 (High School Club) - The words in the intro make me think it's a show about architecture. But it isn't at all It's about people egoing to see live entertainment or something. To be honest, it didn't catch my attention at all, so pass.

Spy x Family - MC is a Spy that adopts a daughter for a mission, except the girl is a lab experiement, and she's telepathic and wants to be a spy like "daddy" also. I didn't really like it that much, but you guys said good things, so I'll see how the second episode goes.

Gunjou no Fanfare (Fanfare of Adolescence) - Horse racing school idol guy. Boring story, but it actually wasn't terrible. That said, it isn't enough to bring me back for a second episode.

Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi (In the Heart of Kunoichi) - Ninja little girls that hate men. Such a wonderful concept and pass.

Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san (Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie) - A mom says to watch out for rocs, crows, dirt and all other shit when he's leaving the house for school, and encounters everything she says in the first 3 minutes of his walk to school. Then he meets up with his "cute" girlfriend that everyone likes. Ok, so the MC always is in trouble, and she gets always gets him out of that trouble. She's pretty much a super hero and he's a giant loser. It's cute, but also bothers me so I won't continue.

Kingdom S4 - I haven't watched the previous 3 seasons, but let's see... It started with a large battle and introduced me to a lot of characters that I should care about. Dramatic things happen, like everyone crying for someone. But it doesn't mean anything to me, as I don't know the story. I'm going to skip this.

Sunday

Kono Healer, Mendokusai (Don't Hurt Me, Healer!) - Human warrior is fighting a bear. Dark elf cleric offers to help, but only if he grovels before her. This starts an argument. The bear sees where this is going and interrupts the argument to play psychologist. And they bicker some more. This isn't fun.

Otome Game Sekai wa Mov ni Kibishii Sekai desu (Trapped in a Dating Sim) - Guy forced to play a dating sim via blackmale from his sister. After spending countless hours getting 100% on it, he goes to a convenience store, but falls down the stairs and wakes up back in the very same dating sim. Ok, this show is a home run. I don't know why because the concept is so dumb, but I really like how it's going.

Malkav

French Madman
Ah, it's time for Xarpolis one episode reviews, where he doesn't get half of the shows and try to get on board with sequels seasons without knowing the previous ones and wondering why he is lost.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai S3 (Love is War?) - It's a season 3, but I haven't watched the previous 2 seasons. That said, I thought the intro was silly in a good way. At first, it was humerous psychological torture. Then the show changed to ah education on LINE messaging app. Silly also. Then it changed yet again into an arm wrmestling compestition. I'll see how the 2nd episode goes.
WHAT THE FUCK

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok seriously, what is the appeal of Evangelion? Dad sends for kid and adults turn into idiots and get upset he’s not into piloting a giant robot. The start of 1:11 is just balls and you need to turn off your brain and throw away all forms of logic to accept the start.

eh if you never watched the series or the comps, the rebuild (the 4 movies) imo are best, watching 1 does get boring and long in the tooth, but if you made it that far, it just gets better w/ 2... provided you do this w/ 3
skip the entire middle of the movie where it's just shinji

Malkav

French Madman
buncha slack jawed faggots

Yeah, Kaguya has been a highlight of each season it was in so far. You'd think the basis of the show would get boring quickly, but they still manage to keep it entertaining.

And Hayasaka is obviously best girl.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah, Kaguya has been a highlight of each season it was in so far. You'd think the basis of the show would get boring quickly, but they still manage to keep it entertaining.

yes and yes

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

imagine valuing Xarpolis Xarpolis reviews ever again

• 2Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

excited hell yeah GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users