Spring 2022 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna disagree with Brahma and go with a 'not really'. It's even more filler than the original Naruto since the source manga releases very slowly (Boruto anime is legit like 90-95% filler at this point).

Has some great moments here and there like the Momoshiki fight (not really a spoiler since it's already in the Boruto movie).

Also
Ohnoki goes out like a fucking boss, sadly it's at the end of a very long and tedious story arc

If you have the time to wade through 250 episodes of mostly crap, I'd recommend several other things before I'd ever recommend Boruto.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gonna disagree with Brahma and go with a 'not really'. It's even more filler than the original Naruto since the source manga releases very slowly (Boruto anime is legit like 90-95% filler at this point).

Has some great moments here and there like the Momoshiki fight (not really a spoiler since it's already in the Boruto movie).

Also
Ohnoki goes out like a fucking boss, sadly it's at the end of a very long and tedious story arc

If you have the time to wade through 250 episodes of mostly crap, I'd recommend several other things before I'd ever recommend Boruto.

Yeaaaaaah. He's right.

Gavinmad Gavinmad fuck you!

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just caught up on I'm Quitting Heroing, the story has gotten pretty interesting in the last couple episodes, becoming more serious as it's revealed more and more about the MC. One of the better shows I've seen in years, the pacing and storytelling reminds me of older anime a bit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just caught up on I'm Quitting Heroing, the story has gotten pretty interesting in the last couple episodes, becoming more serious as it's revealed more and more about the MC. One of the better shows I've seen in years, the pacing and storytelling reminds me of older anime a bit.
Yeah I was just watching it because it was a funny variation of the overpowered protagonist, the twist about his origins was interesting but I never saw it going this direction.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hot take of the day: dance dance danseur is actually not gay and pretty fucking good. Also animated by Mappa.

I thought it was gonna be some Yuri gay shit like the ice skating anime, but not at all, the main dude just wants pussy and ballet dancing. Weird i know.

Trapped in a otome game has some of the worst animation, it's too bad cause the story itself isn't that bad.

Bookworm continues to deliver.

Spyxfamily is my fav this season. Show is all around very good, from animation to story to humor.

Aoashi i thought i was going to hate, but it gives me ace of the diamond vibes. Very character centric, pretty well written to be honest.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Deliver what exactly? I liked it well enough when I was shotgunning the first two seasons, but watching it one episode a week is boooooring.

It's an uncommon take on isekai and they are introducing more elements of complexity to this universe that make you wonder where this is headed. They give you just enough about a character to be curious about it and to wonder how they're coming into play later.

See that purple hair priests that was introduced a few episodes back. Fucker seems strong while kind of unhinged and seems to have gained interest in Myne enough to give her a necklace to protect her when she needs it. Who the fuck is he?

I dunno, story keeps me wondering what's next personally, I really have no idea where it is going and i'm liking it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bookworm is an entertaining enough show, but I dislike how the shows "bad guys" are evil for the sole purpose of being evil. They don't expand on that at all. "I don't like you for my own reasons, so that will never change, no matter how much good you do! Hahaha!"

It's like modern day G.I. Joe. Shit, it might even be Power Rangers...

Malkav

French Madman
Trapped in a otome game has some of the worst animation, it's too bad cause the story itself isn't that bad.

Nothing ruins an "OP protag" show faster than shitty animation. Want an awesome fight scene where the protag just rolls over all the bad guy? Nah, you get a fucking slide show with a non animated mech sliding across the screen and "ramming" enemies.

Same shit for "The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody", animation is so shitty fights are completely glossed over.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing ruins an "OP protag" show faster than shitty animation. Want an awesome fight scene where the protag just rolls over all the bad guy? Nah, you get a fucking slide show with a non animated mech sliding across the screen and "ramming" enemies.

Same shit for "The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody", animation is so shitty fights are completely glossed over.

I really recommend reading the light novel of Trapped in an Otome Game over the anime, it's a lot better than the anime version and you can wrap up this story nicely in 3 volumes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bookworm is an entertaining enough show, but I dislike how the shows "bad guys" are evil for the sole purpose of being evil. They don't expand on that at all. "I don't like you for my own reasons, so that will never change, no matter how much good you do! Hahaha!"

It's like modern day G.I. Joe. Shit, it might even be Power Rangers...
Who the fuck gave you permission to post in this thread again?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah I was just watching it because it was a funny variation of the overpowered protagonist, the twist about his origins was interesting but I never saw it going this direction.

Caught up on the last 3 episodes after you guys talked about it and it's definitely getting interesting. Last episode was great and the animation, while not top notch, definitely did the job for the fight (in stark contrast with the other shows I mentioned earlier in the thread).