Spring 2022 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not as bad as the last 7 or 8 episodes of Juuni Kokuki. That hit a wall quickly for such a great show. At least it was like 35-37 good episodes.
you are banned from this thread until you've caught up on Kaguya-sama.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
you are banned from this thread until you've caught up on Kaguya-sama.

200.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm not denying there's a dropoff in quality so far compared to Season 1, I'm just accusing yall of exaggerating how bad it is.

Im only questioning the animation quality compared to S1 - Everything from the motion to the lack of detail found in S1 is leaps worse. Hell just look at how his shields look like some shit out of WoW compared to how they looked in S1. Story wise its whatever i read everything long ago but visually speaking its a downgrade.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched the first episode of Summertime Rendering. It's an incredibly beautiful show, but also really fucked up. At least the villain. Wow. I'll stick with it for now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
today's Shield Hero surprise would have been better if they didn't fucking spoil it in the opening credits.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just watched the first episode of Summertime Rendering. It's an incredibly beautiful show, but also really fucked up. At least the villain. Wow. I'll stick with it for now.
Fucked up how?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah. There are these entities that mimic someone's appearance and then kills that person and whomever they are close to. It's... different.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm really enjoying Ya Boy Kongming!. It's an interesting take on a few geanras. There's the singer chick and Kongming, who is an ancient military strategist. And he's using those ancient strategies in order to further her career. Then the 5th episode drops, and everything changes. They introduce the weakest social butterfly known to man. He has a shitty temper and is a rapper that gets all Karen the second anyone even talks to him. He's a real cunt. I'm not through the episode yet, but I strongly dislike this new character. The quickest reference I could give to this character is the kid that freaks out that mom wants to take his game, so he shoves the controller up his own ass. Weak shit there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm really enjoying Ya Boy Kongming!. It's an interesting take on a few geanras. There's the singer chick and Kongming, who is an ancient military strategist. And he's using those ancient strategies in order to further her career. Then the 5th episode drops, and everything changes. They introduce the weakest social butterfly known to man. He has a shitty temper and is a rapper that gets all Karen the second anyone even talks to him. He's a real cunt. I'm not through the episode yet, but I strongly dislike this new character. The quickest reference I could give to this character is the kid that freaks out that mom wants to take his game, so he shoves the controller up his own ass. Weak shit there.
Have you caught up on Kaguya yet?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summer Time Rendering is quite good. Great animation quality, freaky / violent story. Time loop shenanigans. One of the few shows I like this season along with:
Bookworm
Skeleton Merc
SpyxFamily
Hero+Villan romance show
Deaimon

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also Hayasaka is no longer best girl? That scene just about killed me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user