Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, the Lost Village went from "this is pretty cool/interesting" to crap in like.. literally the span of an episode. That finale was absolutely terrible.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. I was expecting people to die, some to go batshit insane and there to be a miserable ending.

Very disappointed.

I might watch through "Another" again to lift my spirits.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Kabeneri is going to be short? I was hoping for like 24 episodes or so but considering whats going on it seems that may not happen.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it is only 12 episodes. Wit started working on season 2 of AOT right after finishing Kabaneri. Biba sucks, could give two fucks about the shogunate or whatever ugh.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah. I was expecting people to die, some to go batshit insane and there to be a miserable ending.

Very disappointed.

I might watch through "Another" again to lift my spirits.
Hah, I meant more that you have a serious lord of the flies situation, people are actively trying to kill other people, and it is a huge ordeal for the main-ish characters to get over their nanaki. Then
a small conversation about everyone being the same at the end and everyone is friends and happy and totally OK with their life decisions and/or staying. I mean there's putting things behind you, but that was a 180 flip instantly for a good chunk of the characters. And then poof back on the bus singing with people who were literally trying to kill you less than 12 hours before.

Wasn't looking for a miserable ending, but that entire last episode was -very- unsatisfying from a story standpoint. Admittedly! It wasn't super strong on the couple of episodes leading up to it, but it hadn't gone off the rails completely yet.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it is only 12 episodes. Wit started working on season 2 of AOT right after finishing Kabaneri. Biba sucks, could give two fucks about the shogunate or whatever ugh.
Yeah, luckily the characters and setting are good stuff. My favorite anime this season is My Hero Academia, though. Fills that One Punch Man hole pretty decently.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah, luckily the characters and setting are likable. My favorite anime this season is My Hero Academia, though. Fills that One Punch Man hole pretty decently.
That has turned into my favorite of the season as well. I wish Bungo Stray Dogs didn't have that stupid, over the top "humor" because otherwise it's a really good show as well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really like Hero Academy, but I think Re: Zero is still my favorite for this season. That show rules. For what it's worth, I also enjoyed Joker Game. My daughter watches Flying Witch, and I fell out of Stray Dogs around episode 5.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That has turned into my favorite of the season as well. I wish Bungo Stray Dogs didn't have that stupid, over the top "humor" because otherwise it's a really good show as well.
The manga is sooo much better and doesn't have the perverted over the top humor the anime displays. For some reason the manga reminds me dgrayman. Couldn't get into MHA but do like the manga. For me it fills that Gon era HxH itch.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Hmm...weird. I feel the anime is pretty true to the manga. I think I mentioned it earlier, but, they use word for word from manga to anime.

Re:Zero and Kabaneri are definitely my favorites of this season.

Malkav

French Madman
Meh. Kabaneri went to shit story wise when they introduced Biba. Yeah, sure, it's pretty, but it became retarted fast.

Re:Zero is gold though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Subaru, the obvious virgin, im glad he got his ass beat considering the way he acts.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Subaru, the obvious virgin, im glad he got his ass beat considering the way he acts.
Yea, that episode kinda pissed me off...waited a week to see Subaru be an ass. Wanted to go read the manga, but the only places I know of with it, are way behind the anime...sad.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope re:zero takes a different direction and we don't get another looping/suicide arc, it's starting to get a bit old and repetitious (teehee). I want shit to pick up and start moving forward. For those who have read the light novel can you give some insight if this shit is going to continue?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gundam and Re: Zero this week. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Gundam is just a re-telling of the Unicorn Saga right? is there anything at all added to it? Gundam Origins is good tho.

why did HxH come back up?
Because its one of the best and complete(for then!) series to have aired in recent years?
biggrin.png

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, he was definitely a bitch this episode. I understand, at the core, he "thinks" he does everything for her. But ultimately, his pride plays a huge part in all of the actions he takes. This episode was much needed destruction to that pride.