Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nothing is must watch outside of Kabaneri and REZ. This is another lackluster season.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing is must watch outside of Kabaneri and REZ. This is another lackluster season.
Agree that those 2 are must watch, but disagree that this season is lackluster. I'd rank it as one of the best overall seasons in years. Shows I'm liking other than the big 2 you mentioned -

Kiznaiver
The Lost Village
Ace Attorney
Bakuon!!
Bungo Stray Dogs (Watch ep.3 if you thought the first 2 were meh, new tone)
Joker Game
Sakamoto
Flying Witch
High School Fleet
Kumamiko
And you thought there is never a girl online?
My Hero Academia

This coming from someone who usually checks out most shows in a season and ends up watching 3-5 max.

Fadaar

That guy
Agree that those 2 are must watch, but disagree that this season is lackluster. I'd rank it as one of the best overall seasons in years. Shows I'm liking other than the big 2 you mentioned -

Kiznaiver
The Lost Village
Ace Attorney
Bakuon!!
Bungo Stray Dogs (Watch ep.3 if you thought the first 2 were meh, new tone)
Joker Game
Sakamoto
Flying Witch
High School Fleet
Kumamiko
And you thought there is never a girl online?
My Hero Academia

This coming from someone who usually checks out most shows in a season and ends up watching 3-5 max.
Pretty much my same list cept not watching Ace Attorney. Thanks for the heads up on Stray Dogs, after the first 2 eps I was going to pass on it, will give ep 3 a shot. I'm also a glutton for punishment and watch the stupid high school harem fantasy shows as well just to waste time, need something that I can switch my brain off while I watch.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
After watching 4 episodes of Macross Delta I still don't know how I feel aboutnit. I want to like it, it's got great animation and old school zentradi battle pods and such. The focus though seems so much more about singing and music than previously. Much more in your face than frontier was.

Otherwise it really is a solid season with a wide variety of good shows.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much my same list cept not watching Ace Attorney. Thanks for the heads up on Stray Dogs, after the first 2 eps I was going to pass on it, will give ep 3 a shot. I'm also a glutton for punishment and watch the stupid high school harem fantasy shows as well just to waste time, need something that I can switch my brain off while I watch.
Man, they've really been overdoing the high school fantasy harem stuff the last few seasons. I've checked most of them out, but gave up after a bit. I want to like them, but can't for most of them. The Irregular at Magic High School and Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero have been my two favorites probably, with Irregular being the only one I'd probably recommend to people. Medaka Box too, but that's not really harem, and a bit older.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
WIT Studio are killing it on the animation front wtih Kabaneri and empire of corpses. In my opinion they are even better then ufotable. If you like kabaneri you may want to check out empire of corpses. The story and characters are ridonkulous but the animation is superb. Torpedo boobs for the win lol.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
My God! Kabaneri is fucking spectacular!
I showed the first ep Kabaneri to a friend of mine who despises anime in all forms. At the end said he still despised the media (especially the girl with the knife edge sandals) still but was fascinated by the story and asked immediately for more. He was then disappointed that there was only a few ep's out so far.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't know where else to post this but I've been watching Hunter x Hunter and I have a question!

So Gon's dad fucked a chick when he was 11 and then bailed at age 12 to be a hunter? Am I getting this right?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't know where else to post this but I've been watching Hunter x Hunter and I have a question!

So Gon's dad fucked a chick when he was 11 and then bailed at age 12 to be a hunter? Am I getting this right?
HxH Response
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Ging_Freecss

Ging left Whale Island to take the 267th Hunter Examination not long before turning 12. Right after his departure, Mito's parents and his father died consecutively.[6] He was the only participant to pass the 267th Hunter Exam.[2] Ging returned to Whale Island ten years afterward with a two-year-old Gon. He intended to leave Gon in the custody of his grandmother for a while, telling her that he and Gon's mother had separated.[6] However, he lost the custody of his son in court to his cousin Mito.

That would make him 19-20 when he became a father.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahh ok, they made it seem like the two occurred at the same time. Thanks, I'm not far in but holy shit am I enjoying it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I gave up on HxH after like 30 episodes, it seemed like such a daunting show to catch up on. Is there a list somewhere like Naruto of all the filler episodes to avoid? If I'm gonna watch a series that long I want to avoid all the useless shit I can.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My issue with Stray Dogs is that humor is a bit misplaced, as if the show doesn't know whether is wants to be a comedy or a drama. While Kabaneri just keeps staying great.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gave up on HxH after like 30 episodes, it seemed like such a daunting show to catch up on. Is there a list somewhere like Naruto of all the filler episodes to avoid? If I'm gonna watch a series that long I want to avoid all the useless shit I can.
I'd say its really worth your time to watch the series.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Read the manga. As long as you can get past the hunter exam arc you should be good with the exception of the chimera arc. I usually skim quickly during the drawn out fights.