Squid Game

Caliane

Already done, it's called Saw.
uh. no. you mean The running man. Saw is just a murder revenge plot.
The Running man is a cash money for risking your life game show. (which granted, they cheat and there are no winners, save the people viewing at home.) the short story the long walk, was EXPRESSLY randos signing up to the death march, on the chance of winning unlimited money for life. it had alot in common, with focusing on the characters motivations, and interactions.
Theres also Death race, etc. the "prisoners fight to the death to get out of jail" genre.
And, "The most dangerous game" adaptations. which usually involved cash prizes for the person that survives the hunt, and rich assholes paying for the privilege's to hunt humans.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
uh. no. you mean The running man. Saw is just a murder revenge plot.
The Running man is a cash money for risking your life game show. (which granted, they cheat and there are no winners, save the people viewing at home.) the short story the long walk, was EXPRESSLY randos signing up to the death march, on the chance of winning unlimited money for life. it had alot in common, with focusing on the characters motivations, and interactions.
Theres also Death race, etc. the "prisoners fight to the death to get out of jail" genre.
And, "The most dangerous game" adaptations. which usually involved cash prizes for the person that survives the hunt, and rich assholes paying for the privilege's to hunt humans.
the novella of the Running Man is pretty awesome. I should give it a reread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I missed the debate over subtitles vs dubbing.

It must suck to not read well. I can't imagine having to listen to dubbed shit where the sound doesnt match the lips moving. Doesnt that drive you insane?

Its not like they print a novel on the screen. You don't have to read it slowly left to right with your finger on each word, a literate adult absorbs that small amount of text in a split second. You don't miss any visual details. What is this crap?

The option being proposed is to watch a show where the characters lips move but literally don't match what theyre saying? Sometimes yall make me think I'm just being trolled by the universe

Look at this faggot pretending like the dialogue is fucking Shakespear. Nobody's impressed that you can follow along to a Netflix show.

But we do think you're retarded for not being able to wrap your head around the concept of dubbing

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
says the guy who "misses visual details" while he reads the dialogue with his lips moving

I'd say its ok that youre barely literate but it really isnt, its kind of a problem. The good news is its not too late, adult literacy classes have a very high success rate.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
says the guy who "misses visual details" while he reads the dialogue with his lips moving

I'd say its ok that youre barely literate but it really isnt, its kind of a problem. The good news is its not too late, adult literacy classes have a very high success rate.

Look at this faggot trying to make a literacy joke while somehow believing I'm the guy that claims he "misses visual details"

Nice self own

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
You're advocating watching dubbed shows and complaining about subtitles. Then you think anything you say after that will somehow matter

This isnt some kind of competition or duel or something where we exchange sick burns and count up the points to see who won, we're just laughing at you

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a bot creating all these "news" about kids playing this during recess or is it really happening ?
No it’s real. All the kids in my neighborhood know about it. They put squid game in Roblox and other media that kids consume. Then they all talk about it at school, and more find out, etc, etc.

We had a Halloween party over the weekend and the kids played red light green light. Played tug of war with an extension cord.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

That was me that made the comment about visual details. I was just saying I understood why some people can’t do subtitles. I have a brother in law that reads like a child, very slowly. My brother is dyslexic. No way could they watch a subbed movie and be focused on anything but the reading. Subtitles don’t bother me at all, but I understand some people can’t is all I was saying.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're advocating watching dubbed shows and complaining about subtitles. Then you think anything you say after that will somehow matter

This isnt some kind of competition or duel or something where we exchange sick burns and count up the points to see who won, we're just laughing at you

Lol you came in saying anyone who prefers not to read a tv show must be illiterate. Then when called out for their own lack of reading comprehension try i pretend you're above everything.

That's almost as dumb as predicting a ridiculously wide number of covid deaths, still being wrong, and then bragging anyways

• 1Salty

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Lol you came in saying anyone who prefers not to read a tv show must be illiterate. Then when called out for their own lack of reading comprehension try i pretend you're above everything.

That's almost as dumb as predicting a ridiculously wide number of covid deaths, still being wrong, and then bragging anyways
While youre obviously mentally deficient and just owning yourself over and over, there was a piece in this drivel that was worth responding to.

You seem really butthurt. It seems the source of this butthurt is that you thought I was responding to a person, and thought I was responding to the wrong person. And you thought that was really funny. It was confusing trying to follow your "thought process" but I think that was it.

What you need to understand is that not everyone on FoH does what you do.

I was responding to the argument, not the person. I literally never looked once to say who said it, and named no names, because who the fuck cares? I don't remember most of your names. Get a memorable avatar or adopt a creative forum persona and I will. But you, (and here I scroll up to copy and paste some name) Ambiturner I have no idea who you are. The person making the post is irrelevant.

It was a discussion about a topic and you got hilariously butthurt that one of my points on that topic was addressing a point made by someone else, rather than a point made by you.

Are you this incapable of having discussions about topics in real life too? Is everything about the person for you? Sad

• 1Pathetic

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
While youre obviously mentally deficient and just owning yourself over and over, there was a piece in this drivel that was worth responding to.

You seem really butthurt. It seems the source of this butthurt is that you thought I was responding to a person, and thought I was responding to the wrong person. And you thought that was really funny. It was confusing trying to follow your "thought process" but I think that was it.

What you need to understand is that not everyone on FoH does what you do.

I was responding to the argument, not the person. I literally never looked once to say who said it, and named no names, because who the fuck cares? I don't remember most of your names. Get a memorable avatar or adopt a creative forum persona and I will. But you, (and here I scroll up to copy and paste some name) Ambiturner I have no idea who you are. The person making the post is irrelevant.

It was a discussion about a topic and you got hilariously butthurt that one of my points on that topic was addressing a point made by someone else, rather than a point made by you.

Are you this incapable of having discussions about topics in real life too? Is everything about the person for you? Sad

Wow now you're going to pretend you weren't even talking to me to try and save face. You tried to mock peoples' reading comprehension while massively failing yourself and are now flailing around like a retard.

You literally start the post off with "says the guy" the very next post, 1 minute after salting my post, and having directly quoted you.

Pretending like it was referencing someone from days before is pathetic and nobody's buying it. Now stop shitting this thread up with your pussy being hurt

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Forum needs a backpedaling reaction.

I might have said something about hating subtitles because I miss visual cues. But I doubt it was in this thread because the dialog was simple. Just a general complaint about them.

spronk

FPS noob
"so netflix pulled in front of my house with 37 dump trucks of money..."

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"so netflix pulled in front of my house with 37 dump trucks of money..."

Were they originally not planning a second season? If not, the ending makes absolutely no sense.

Though, to be fair, even with a second season the ending is still pretty wtf

spronk

FPS noob
lol chrissy teigan getting roasted on social media for throwing a squid game party, its pretty funny to think about a bunch of celeb millionaires recreating squid games. the waiters were all in pink uniforms haha

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching this and I'm super disappointed that so many people here liked it. This was horrendous. Some of the worst writing I've seen in a while, for sure, but the directing was also terrible.

Especially the last episode. Everything was so telegraphed and then they spend 5 minutes on the reveal...are Koreans just incredibly naive and have never seen these tropes? It happened like 3 or 4 times.

And then the other complaints about the characters. Some of that is definitely writing, but the director really should have told them to pull back the over acting a bit...no, a lot.

After the first episode the wife and I basically watched it like it was Best of the Worst, just making fun of how retarded the whole thing was.

• 2Like