Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Gotta factor in benefits too. I used to use 40% over salary as a reasonable estimate to cover things like healthcare costs, 401k matches and PTO.

Employees always cost more than what you pay them.

I use double just as a rough estimate. Payroll taxes.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Gotta factor in benefits too. I used to use 40% over salary as a reasonable estimate to cover things like healthcare costs, 401k matches and PTO.

Employees always cost more than what you pay them.

Where are their offices?

$60k annually seems a little steep as an average. I bet only the execs are making much more than that. I know designers are probably making less than or equal to $60k and that'd be the main force.

Last edited:

Denaut

Trump's Staff
The industry standard back of the napkin estimate of the cost to make a game is 11k per month per person.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That has to be one hell of a shitty job. Constant crunch time thanks to their wind bag of a boss who can't stop over promising because he needs to keep the hype train going or the floor drops from under them.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That has to be one hell of a shitty job. Constant crunch time thanks to their wind bag of a boss who can't stop over promising because he needs to keep the hype train going or the floor drops from under them.
IF they pull it off though every developer can pretty much write their salary requirements for life.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know, I feel like the games ultra realism is a huge turn off. Everything I see is neat, but.. only the first time. I was really into the video of the whole sand worm and fighting bandits and shit.. but then promptly turned off when it took him 15 seconds to get back in his ATV.

This game to me, may cause inspiration and give the knowledge and know how to create games with some of the innovations and features of this one - but if it has triple A success I will be wildly impressed. Much less do I think any Dev of theirs will be able to demand salaries.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dont know, I feel like the games ultra realism is a huge turn off. Everything I see is neat, but.. only the first time. I was really into the video of the whole sand worm and fighting bandits and shit.. but then promptly turned off when it took him 15 seconds to get back in his ATV.

This game to me, may cause inspiration and give the knowledge and know how to create games with some of the innovations and features of this one - but if it has triple A success I will be wildly impressed. Much less do I think any Dev of theirs will be able to demand salaries.

Did you go through the in-game reeducation terminal?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol, you just don't understand business.

6 Sushi chefs
4 short order cooks
2 head chefs
4 sous chefs
6 baristas
10 waitresses
4 maitre'ds
6 bus boys
3 dishwashers
2 restaurant managers
5 bartenders
2 delivery staff

That's 54 staff just for one of their two restaurants on site

The fuck kind of restaurants have 2 head chefs and 4 sous chefs while only have 2 FoH managers 4 line cooks and 10 waitresses?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than actually being released, my only concern about this game is that with all the feature bloat and sim stuff, they kill the fun factor. Freelancer wasn't anything groundbreaking really, but I had a lot of fun in that game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think I figured out the fun factor was dead as soon as I saw black out mechanics for flying space ships around.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What they said actually made sense and checks out. Now if that is actually the truth is another matter.
@Mist I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way. If they started seeing dropping revenue and had to cut back employees word would get out and the whole thing could collapse. Getting a loan to ensure they can handle a drop in revenue would avoid that collapse.

Really though, by now they should be at the point where they contract naturally through the development cycle and all the art assets, content etc are done.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So Erin Roberts just talked about how there will be survival elements to the game. You will have to eat, drink, shower, etc. to avoid getting penalties. Seriously? This isn't remotely the same game I backed when it was announced. Fuck these guys and anyone who still defends this circus.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users