Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They have to have less than two years left at this point right? The way they are burning their money?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Star Citizen will be the greatest game ever, based on the current situation it just needs an extra 600.000.000$.

If the fans refuse to offer the required support they have noone to blame but themselves.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They have to have less than two years left at this point right? The way they are burning their money?
suckers.JPG

Have not yet begun to run out of suckers.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Now you need a graph of expenditures to see if they are keeping up. My guess is no considering they just took out a bank loan.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Now you need a graph of expenditures to see if they are keeping up. My guess is no considering they just took out a bank loan.
I'm not sure how much I believe them, but they said it's not really a loan, just some kind of escrow so they can move currency between countries their studios are in.

I don't know how to bank so I have no idea if they're lying.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not sure how much I believe them, but they said it's not really a loan, just some kind of escrow so they can move currency between countries their studios are in.

I don't know how to bank so I have no idea if they're lying.

What they said actually made sense and checks out. Now if that is actually the truth is another matter.

Denaut

Trump's Staff

If someone wants to go through the trouble of digging up staff numbers and pairing them with dates I could make a reasonable estimate for sunk and continuing costs. I am just too lazy to do the real legwork.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Recently, I spoke to someone who was involved this game(I don't know if they were testing or just following) and they told me "it will be done soon" and is the "best game ever". I simply smiled, and nodded. They seemed pleased with my response.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
If someone wants to go through the trouble of digging up staff numbers and pairing them with dates I could make a reasonable estimate for sunk and continuing costs. I am just too lazy to do the real legwork.

@ 30 seconds for early year employment numbers

325 around 1 year ago and 400(?) now...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
@ 30 seconds for early year employment numbers

325 around 1 year ago and 400(?) now...

At an average salary of 60K that is 48M/yr in payroll roughly. Even at 40K that's still like 32M/yr. Yikes.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well they did make around 40 million during 2016 so new money is coming in almost as fast as it's going out. Average this year so far is 2.1 million per month but if i remember right there are usually huge spikes around citizen con and Christmas so should be on track for at least 25 maybe 30 million 2017.

I think they by end of 2017 will have gone through roughly 1200 man years of production so 120 million (if calculated at 100k cost per employee) and will by then have raised 160-170 million. In this hypothetical scenario If incoming capital and costs remains the same they can go on without running out of cash for 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know shit about the gaming industry but 400 people working on 1 game (even from scratch) seems insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'll be playing Mount & Blade IV in VR from my wheelchair before this goes live.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know shit about the gaming industry but 400 people working on 1 game (even from scratch) seems insane.

Lol, you just don't understand business.

6 Sushi chefs
4 short order cooks
2 head chefs
4 sous chefs
6 baristas
10 waitresses
4 maitre'ds
6 bus boys
3 dishwashers
2 restaurant managers
5 bartenders
2 delivery staff

That's 54 staff just for one of their two restaurants on site

• 1Worf

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
At an average salary of 60K that is 48M/yr in payroll roughly. Even at 40K that's still like 32M/yr. Yikes.

Gotta factor in benefits too. I used to use 40% over salary as a reasonable estimate to cover things like healthcare costs, 401k matches and PTO.

Employees always cost more than what you pay them.

• 1Solidarity