Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lifetime insurance is free, I don't think the others are ingame yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
If I understand it correctly, it comes with "basic outfit" insurance. If you put in something besides basic loadout, your shit out of luck,

Ofc, there is nothing besides basic outfit currently so....

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Free play week from Nov 23 to Nov 30...
It's funny that it's the same week that X4:Foundations is being released, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence (or maybe Egosoft planed it that way, months ago).

Star Citizen is going free for a week, and you get a new planet to explore | PC Gamer

Preliminary in-game currency ship prices are now active. It's difficult to tell how many in-game credits can be made per hour, a quick search got anywhere from 1400/h to 8000/h. They have a huge incentive to make ships extremely expensive with in game money in order to sell more with real money; at least until it gets closer to release.

io9aq5wdd7u11.png

Only a tad under 2700 hours for the best ship using the high estimate. What a steal!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just picked up a 1080 ti and a new ultra wide monitor. Each were about $700. I'm looking to match that to invest in a new $1400 ship in Star Citizen, what should I get?

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If you can't afford the 27k ship pack you'll be regarded a peasant regardless, so any should do.

In case you are serious, the gray market has a lot of "cheap" offers.

• 1Jonesing

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They have fucked up, will get everything they can from this trainwerck and move on. There is no way to deliver what has been promised, there is no way to refund people who paid the "donations (including tax.... oh wait?!)" and no way to get out of it.

They will present tech-demos until the cash dries up then move on or retire.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Even if they manage to deliver in good time a game that is as good as they promise, it will still not be as amazingly entertaining as this thread is. Holy shit, $7 mill in 9 days. There really is one born every minute!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
When this fails there will be 210.000.000$ of salt involved.

Pretty sure that would carry me until the release of 2 GoT books.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just picked up a 1080 ti and a new ultra wide monitor. Each were about $700. I'm looking to match that to invest in a new $1400 ship in Star Citizen, what should I get?

I hope you plan on building your new child a deluxe closet to live in at least!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I feel as "A better life" is a fair answer to this question.

I presume you just have money pretty much on command to consider $1400.00 for this game at this stage. If not, you would get so much more enjoyment purchasing 1 or 2 high class call girls for a night than to spend money like that. If you are married then I am shocked that your other half is cool with this.Of course you could be so rich that you have already lived life to its fullest and been in numerous relationships and orgies that you are just sick of it. If this is the case, then I applaud you and I am envious.

• 1Like