Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes. If its not working, maybe try downloading the latest drivers?

added:

Actually, for some reason I lost my mind and thought this was the Elite Dangerous thread.

So I don't actually know for a fact it should work, but from what I've googled, it seems like it should work.

Raign

Golden Squire
Can I use my saitek with this game? I tried finding an option to turn it on but all I seem to be able to use is my mouse.
You can. There should be a command string you put in the console to enable it. When you go into the set-up, there is a control scheme option that brings up basically a set of instructions on how you enable it. I will get you more specifics when the game comes back up, but it is patching at the moment. Pretty much it just takes you putting a long slash command in the console screen though.

Raign

Golden Squire
The loading times remind me of being on my 486. Very retro.
Personally, I am enjoying the fact that they launched a new launcher tool so now I have to redownload the entire 28 gb game again. At least they got it out of the way in beta I guess...

Variise

N00b
We can probably call it an official Alpha once the game is feature complete. That is all major features are in and working in some way/shape/form. That is unlikely to occur in 2015 unless they get the Idris in as capital ship control/combat/boarding is one of the major features of the game. Anyway once that happens the rest of Alpha will be CIG adding an unending stream of content and patches to improve the initial "feature set". That will take at least a year just due to the amount of content they planned. It's not that they can't shit it out in 12 months like so many other studios do just to hit a deadline but I doubt the community would be happy with a half arsed release. Bank about 18 months past Alpha for a release and I think it might be reasonable. That's just based on other studios doing AAA big name titles. Quality takes some serious time.

But hey look at the bright side. We get all these buggy builds, people bitch and moan about the naming schema on the forums and constantly accuse CIG of money grubbing when they never needed to release a REC system to let you rent everything for free but at least we won't have to put up with the studio spending half of the Beta period stripping the game of features and content because it can't fit in the memory confines of a 360 or PS3. Which appears to be happening to nearly every single major AAA title anyone can name.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Landing on a platform and then dive off into space is cool.
smile.png
Took me a few tries to land but I managed. During one try I constantly bumped my ship against the side of the platform and you could see it taking more and more damage and debris flying off: really cool. Once I landed on the platform, you get up out of your chair, walk through your ship, put down the cargo hatch and walk onto the platform with the asteroids floating above you and the huge planet in the distance. Pretty damn cool. Walk to the end of the platform and artificial gravity ends, and off you float. You can steer your character somewhat, with delayed response, felt rather realistic. I decided to float inot one of those fire-beams. I think I flew a Gladius? I do not own one (got the crappy Aurora)but I think all ships that are flyable are available now (temp?).

Stuff can be cluncky still, especially moving your character in the tight ship, no good movement controls yet for your character, and I absolutely hate the headbob and nauseating First person animations, but this was a pretty immersive moment. I hope they can manage to give us that persistant feel to the universe, even though you know that no more then a hundred or so players are in the same chunk/instance/whatever as you(maybe more?). But they are really going at great lengths to make you feel as if you are a spaceman. First time I got a sense of what the game could be. Still not going to buy more ships, the feeling actually made me *more* inclined to start from the bottom in this game, and work my way up(to better ships).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well this is awful, now that the free-fly week is over, I have nothing decent to grind REC with, and the matchmaking servers were down all weekend.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
'release'

It could be 5 years or more before this game has no significant problems. It's fun now, when it works.

Blackwulf

N00b
Well this is awful, now that the free-fly week is over, I have nothing decent to grind REC with, and the matchmaking servers were down all weekend.
Multi player should be working now. If you want to earn REC, even with crappy ship, do multi player vanduul swarm. You can rack it up fast.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I bought a super cheap Mustang Delta package upgraded from one of those AMD packages, on the trading reddit. It's got Squadron 42 access, so I can melt/sell/trade my Mustang Alpha starter package. It's a decent ship for playing coop swarm, got to wave 10 np.

Raign

Golden Squire
Can I use my saitek with this game? I tried finding an option to turn it on but all I seem to be able to use is my mouse.
Just in case you did not figure this out, go into options, then keybindings (yes keybindings not control options). In keybindings, at the top you will see a left/right toggle, switch it to Joystick/Hotas. Down the bottom there will be a drop down that says 'Control profile'. The Saitek sticks are in there now, no need to console command like you used to have to in previous versions

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only thing I've seen that even seems remotely worth it is a Super Hornet with LTI, that thing seems like a workhorse you'll want around forever.

I would drop the money on one if I had money to blow, but nothing else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Most game packages and ships are tradable from account to account. Go on the Star Citizen Trade reddit and purchase a ship and/or package with LTI from another player.