Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
New trailer dropped today at SXSW.

Edit:
Watching it, you can see the PU stuff is way pre-alpha. The character models have a lot of work to do - I don't think they've integrated the models with the musculature systems and mo-cap that Ilfonic has done on the FPS into the PU stuff yet. There's like two models - a guy with hair and without, lol. Still, some neat stuff. You can see a guy's mobi-glass working etc. You can start to get an idea how it's all going to come together, though. Hopefully.
Just watched the video finally and I'll only be happy if I can be a used spaceship salesman. I'm not talking about some asshole that flips stuff on the auction house I want a 9-5 job in a showroom convincing players to buy some used spaceship for a huge mark up. What's the stretch goal for that?

Blackwulf

N00b
Have they said anything about support for the Valve/HTC VR?
They've promised OR support. I'd be surprised if they didn't take advantage of VIVE. Maybe after release, though. CR is all about pushing tech boundaries and so is Tony Zurovec. The tech is what brought them back into game development.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the video finally and I'll only be happy if I can be a used spaceship salesman. I'm not talking about some asshole that flips stuff on the auction house I want a 9-5 job in a showroom convincing players to buy some used spaceship for a huge mark up. What's the stretch goal for that?
I want to be a janitor for your used ship store. Can we get an AMA with Chris Roberts to talk broom physics? If I can't see light reflections of each bristle of my broom using physics based rendering in my bucket then I'm not going to pay $400 for a golden mop.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They've promised OR support. I'd be surprised if they didn't take advantage of VIVE. Maybe after release, though. CR is all about pushing tech boundaries and so is Tony Zurovec. The tech is what brought them back into game development.
Yeah I'm not even worried about VR in SC because it's so compelling in ED. By next year I don't think a credible flight sim game will be published without VR. However right now the public dev support for OVR is shitty (I'm sure SC would get special treatment from OVR) and public dev support for the VIVE is non-existent, though again I'm sure SC could get support and probably does.

Blackwulf

N00b
I want to be a janitor for your used ship store. Can we get an AMA with Chris Roberts to talk broom physics? If I can't see light reflections of each bristle of my broom using physics based rendering in my bucket then I'm not going to pay $400 for a golden mop.
Now I'm pissed cause my broom in RL doesn't even have light reflecting bristles. Damn peasant broom!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I used the code they gave out at SXSW and Arena commander is pretty fun.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm a Star Citizen now. 38 dollars worth of Hopium is not the worst financial decision I've ever made.

Racing in the Mustang Omega is pretty fun. Am I supposed to have access to EVERY ship in the simulator? Because I do.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And then what? You have to earn them with that new Arena Commander currency they're implementing?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are they soon implementing a way to permanently earn ships in SC? Seems like the second they do that their money source will evaporate when people either realize they don't actually enjoy playing the game they've spent $1000 on, or realize they love the game and can earn ships ingame instead of using USD.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I doubt that. But then again, if they do, they just have to make skins/colors/new exclusive donator ships only.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are they soon implementing a way to permanently earn ships in SC? Seems like the second they do that their money source will evaporate when people either realize they don't actually enjoy playing the game they've spent $1000 on, or realize they love the game and can earn ships ingame instead of using USD.
They're supposed to be implementing a system of earning ship unlocks in Arena commander, but you won't have those ships in your hangar when the game... ships.

Anyway, this game is actually really fun just the way it is.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
As far as I know the new currency will only allow you to 'rent' them but you'll never own them until you purchase them either through the web site for cash or once the persistent universe is finally released. I don't really follow Star Citizen news all that closely thought so I'm not clear on the details.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I've read that the AMD never settle package now no longer includes squadron 42, but I can't find pricing on that anywhere. Does anyone know what it's expected to run for?

Blackwulf

N00b
Rental credits are going live in the next update (hopefully tomorrow) and will allow you to rent ships and guns and stuff for a limited time. Nothing you buy with REC is permanent and won't transfer to the PU. REC might still exist in the PU, but only for sims.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I take it that means they'll be removing the ability to fly everything in that patch too. I had fun modding my ship with that cool-but-clumsy-as-fuck computer UI they have.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mustang feels kinda useless... it needs some kind of g-compensator to let you actually be able to take advantage of it's manueverability.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Can I use my saitek with this game? I tried finding an option to turn it on but all I seem to be able to use is my mouse.