Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Who owns the equity of this? Is it all Chris?
I would guess the equity is managed under the auspices of Cloud Imperium Games since they're the beneficiary of the kickstarter.

Within the company though, who knows? Many millions of kickstarter money being spent with no oversight in a company with a distributed development model with high employee turnover. I wouldn't want to audit this puppy. It's part of the reason I so readily believe Roberts and friends are mismanaging the kickstarter funds. This is basically the formula for mismanagement.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Cloud Imperium Games is actually a subsidiary of Roberts Space Industries.

Pops

I saw plenty of shenanigans with private placement money. Chris could easily be skimming money with no governance.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
you don't get fireball explosions like that in space. completely fucking unrealistic.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you don't get fireball explosions like that in space. completely fucking unrealistic.
Its fantasy anyways. Ships like that do not exist either. Those engines are completely fake as there is no way that would work. The Hull material is made from molecules that do not exist. The laser system is complete bullshit. Also I am pretty sure sound waves do not travel, like that video implied, in space. The list keeps on going. I prefer the fake system too the realistic one, since it is a game. The only thing they are trying to mimic is gravity which is fine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes you do. I've seen.. things... you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched fireballs eminate in the dark near the Tannh?user Gate... All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like... tears in rain.

The biggest problem I had was the camera shake. Even if the explosion caused vibration due to sound waves it wouldn't reach the viewer for a lot of time. that explosion... waiting... sonic BOOM! period is really impactful and important because it conveys a sense of scale. If you see a massive explosion that you feel a heat blast from, and it takes 5+ seconds before you feel the shockwave? Mah god king, stop the match!

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I remember and read a long time ago, Chris Roberts has a huge problem with the feature creep of a game. He has no idea how to say "Enough, ship the damn thing."

They need to finish and start on the expansion release. Make it modular but actually finish the fucking module.

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya feature creep has been one of the biggest problems.

CitizenCon going on now and it's streaming liveTwitchSee where some of the money is being spent!