Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey Zapatta you know that confusion is part of that condition right? Patty Cake isn't Judo. But I'll humor you. Where do I send the elementary school graduation flowers?

I'm gonna be straight with you here. You're not impressing anyone on these boards. Word of advice, avoid letting them bait you. They'll pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Paying $750 for an imaginary spaceship for a game that will more than likely never launch is just as stupid as getting an email about a prince from another country that wants to send you 10 million dollars, you just need to give him the routing number for your bank account. As the saying goes, "a fool and his money are soon parted."

Says you. I've enjoyed flying around in the test PU, and in the arena. I'm sure that I'll enjoy the future content that the release as well, even if it comes out behind schedule. The money I've spent was completely disposable, so I have no problems writing it off knowing that it's going to help further the development of a game I'd like to play (especially when I've already been having fun). I mean, if you have hangups and don't want to give them money, then that's your business, but don't presume to tell me mine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Says you. I've enjoyed flying around in the test PU, and in the arena. I'm sure that I'll enjoy the future content that the release as well, even if it comes out behind schedule. The money I've spent was completely disposable, so I have no problems writing it off knowing that it's going to help further the development of a game I'd like to play (especially when I've already been having fun). I mean, if you have hangups and don't want to give them money, then that's your business, but don't presume to tell me mine.

I have a game coming out. It's going to be awesome. I'll have a demo to show you five years from now. The game will come out six years after the demo. It will have 10% of everything that I promised during my Kickstarter at launch, and it will run like shit. Give me $50,000. I'll give you an in game spaceship and a special thanks in the credits.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Variise just posting laughable attempts at insults in every post now... I think you guys broke him.

In his defense "May your mother's Vindaloo always taste like the parts of the Ganges where they ritually burn corpses", doesn't have the same zip when translated to English.

That and he is probably 13.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
In his defense "May your mother's Vindaloo always taste like the parts of the Ganges where they ritually burn corpses", doesn't have the same zip when translated to English.

That and he is probably 13.

Also in his defense, he probably only has a few minutes to retort while working at Dunkin' Donuts or 7-Eleven.

Variise

N00b
Figured I bring some perspective beside the usual bottom feeding amateur hour Forum Judoka bullshit from the usual suspects.

Here's an article from VICE on making games.

Found reading this bit giving me mixed feelings of "told you so motherfuckers" but then "this is the current state of gaming and it fucking sucks for everyone involved". So yeah...:

"There's always constant pressure to not do the thing that youneed to do in video games, which is iterate. The unfortunate, sad truth is that iteration time (or time for people to find the right idea) doesn't sound good to money people and it doesn't look good on a spreadsheet." That means an idea that could have formed given even just one extra week gets passed over because it didn't fit into the schedule.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Ummm yeah, this whole idea that you are gonna come in here and 'school' people on game development philosophy and practicalities is beyond hilarious. There are a lot folks here whos childhood was spent putting quarters into Pong machines. You might as well be walking into the Vatican trying to teach intro to bible studies. You bring absolutely zero new insight to the table brah, and you come off as a total twat with your essays and lectures. You need to find a place with an audience that is just now getting into vidya games. These days that would be pre-K I think.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Figured I bring some perspective beside the usual bottom feeding amateur hour Forum Judoka bullshit from the usual suspects.

Here's an article from VICE on making games.

Found reading this bit giving me mixed feelings of "told you so motherfuckers" but then "this is the current state of gaming and it fucking sucks for everyone involved". So yeah...:

"There's always constant pressure to not do the thing that youneed to do in video games, which is iterate. The unfortunate, sad truth is that iteration time (or time for people to find the right idea) doesn't sound good to money people and it doesn't look good on a spreadsheet." That means an idea that could have formed given even just one extra week gets passed over because it didn't fit into the schedule.

It's been 5 years. The game is not remotely close to being ready. Nothing you post is relevant. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, you just copy and paste bullshit from other people. India sucks. Kill yourself.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I remember going to my friends house and him showing me the ships he paid for in his unfinished game,...dont think ive talked to him since.

• 1Like

Variise

N00b
Forum Judokas devolve into circle jerk face planting again. Happy days. Still can't count and still not coherent just like Police Foundation washouts. Oh and you may wish to look outside your inner prison window. Bro culture is dead. :)

EDIT: Oh and good rebuttals. You accidentally almost read something educational. Well done.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Forum Judokas devolve into circle jerk face planting again. Happy days. Still can't count and still not coherent just like Police Foundation washouts. Oh and you may wish to look outside your inner prison window. Bro culture is dead. :)

EDIT: Oh and good rebuttals. You accidentally almost read something educational. Well done.
Is this even intelligible?

I am guessing some extreme auto correct?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So how many years until release is acceptable? Or asked in reverse, after how many years will the true fanmanchilds admit to it taking too long?

I still just wanted freelancer 2, you conceited thieving fucks.

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Do you even English? By the way, the FCC now requires disclosure on "Social Media Marketers" as well so you may want to CYA there.

Variise

N00b
Reading. LOL Like you actually do any especially Skanda with his bookshelf of gaming. This is fucking pure entertainment highlighting the level of hypocrisy available to people with a keyboard in a like minded group. They should study you people to see the effects you have on discourse. Oh wait. They did. I'll keep you in suspense not that you would read something intelligent from another point of view. lol

" Stop trying to teach me! I don't want to learn. Burn the witch! Don't tell me facts. They just get in the way of my inner thoughts. Burn the witch! Oh shit they are trying to emulate our behavior. Burn the witch!"

That sums up FoH.

Only narcissists would think they are worth their personal pet shill. Only fucking idiots would actually think a shill would insult them. And finally the only cultists around are the ones that blindly attack the game while ignoring every evidence thrown at them not just about the game but gaming in general simply because they think they know better and have figured they "peaked". You never peak in learning. Not that you could comprehend what that is.

I gave up on you fuckers already. At this point I'm just trying to measure the level of assholia and the cult like behavior surrounding you people. You actually make Scientologists seem reasonable by comparison.

Let the circle jerk continue.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Considering the Rain Man levels of devotion you display toward RSI I guess it's to be expected when you can barely string two coherent sentences together when not engaging your autistic brain.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You are a strange little guy.

You came here to 'teach' us all? Do think it's possible you are WAY under qualified. We have more than a couple members here who actually worked on AAA MMO titles. Are you aware that folks were hired from this community to become developers?

You are trying so hard to be the resident expert on SC , unless you are actually on the development team you are talking out of your ass. This community has over the years had many actual head devs come and interact with us. You are just some dude doing a shitty cut n paste spam job. What your motivation is a mystery. But if you haven't noticed by mow, you are not effective in your efforts.