Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Wasn't there another company working on the FPS/Single player module ? or it's them outsourcing for Ship models.. Who know's
Yes, they contracted out the FPS and it got pretty far ahead, then they discovered that the FPS was on a diffrent scale of character then SC apparently and had to toss it (if I remeber correctly).

Intresting financials, they would have been broke mid 2018 if they had not sold out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They must feel somewhat confident to do this, or feeling some external pressure to do it to quell rumors of their impending doom.

One thing for sure, no matter what they post, good, bad, incomplete or fictional...Derek Smart will say it proves what he's been saying for years and CIG only has a few months left. :)

i'd feel pretty confident if I could have my multi-million dollar team of lawyers and accountants clean it up and make it look pretty too.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
If they are actually employing 500 people like that article says then they are absolutely mulching cash. At that rate even $46M only lasts 9 or so months.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watching people comparr the dev timeline of sc to gta or skyrim or witcher is hilarious. Its like, sc has a few zones and some buggy gameplay, the other games have some 100x the game.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Watching people comparr the dev timeline of sc to gta or skyrim or witcher is hilarious. Its like, sc has a few zones and some buggy gameplay, the other games have some 100x the game.

wat

people make this comparison? because dev time is long for the mega successful aaa's like gta, is that the comparison? dang talk about a good way to spot a retard

• 1Like

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The budget is bigger than people think because he put in his own money, then raised a lot more money privately, then raised more on his website, THEN did kickstarter and raised millions, and since that ended they have a full store full of buyable stuff on the website so are presumably making more each day.

I just hope its fun. I don't like ones that are too arcade-ish because they become all about dogfights which are pretty boring when you do them over and over. And I don't like ones that are too nerdy. Elite was pretty good but there was limited appeal after you did a bunch of missions and a bunch of trades and upgraded to a cool ship etc.. I wanted to be able to make huge corporations and fleets of star ships to protect my interests but you couldn't do that. Something like a mixture of the two would be nice.

p.s. I never liked the X games, too boring and horrible interface.

He put zero of his own money in, why do you think Cryengine is suing him?

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
On the funding side, this was the year that CIG crossed the $200 million threshold (currently sitting at $211,450,615 at time of writing) and despite numerous past predictions of doom from certain quarters, things seem to be going according to plan with the company continuing its expansion and now sitting at about 500 staff globally.

Things seem to be going according to plan? Wasn't this game supposed to be released like 4 years ago?

• 1Truth!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
As long as you keep changing "The plan", then yes things will keep going according to plan.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
On the funding side, this was the year that CIG crossed the $200 million threshold (currently sitting at $211,450,615 at time of writing) and despite numerous past predictions of doom from certain quarters, things seem to be going according to plan with the company continuing its expansion and now sitting at about 500 staff globally.

Things seem to be going according to plan? Wasn't this game supposed to be released like 4 years ago?

Read their financials, that, you know, they published. Sure it lacks any form of details, but you can see their own estimated burn rate... and its like looking into the abyss. The new 40+ million $ are for "promotion only", and if that is true (its not) they are living month to month right now. How is that "according to plan"? And yes, it was supposed to be relased half a fucking decade ago (almost, sorry for the hyperbol).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just bought one for each of my accounts, who is going to match me?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The budget is bigger than people think because he put in his own money, then raised a lot more money privately, then raised more on his website, THEN did kickstarter and raised millions, and since that ended they have a full store full of buyable stuff on the website so are presumably making more each day.

I just hope its fun. I don't like ones that are too arcade-ish because they become all about dogfights which are pretty boring when you do them over and over. And I don't like ones that are too nerdy. Elite was pretty good but there was limited appeal after you did a bunch of missions and a bunch of trades and upgraded to a cool ship etc.. I wanted to be able to make huge corporations and fleets of star ships to protect my interests but you couldn't do that. Something like a mixture of the two would be nice.

p.s. I never liked the X games, too boring and horrible interface.

He put nothing of his own money on the line, thats why he is sued,

Last edited:

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Anyone that buys the upgraded version with the ludicrous mode and the range extender next month?

Yeah we should all give our money to CIG, oh sorry CI these days, and "hope for the best". Fuck these people, and fucka anyone who still backs them.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Del, care to talk about why anyone should pay CInotG these days?

• 3Salty

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So Im salty and "ewww" for asking a straight question? Fuck you. CI not G, is a fucking scam, through and through. If you have opinions on this, please let us start a conversation. Otherwise shut the fuck up. They have managed to present ZERO shit of what they have promised, and they have now taken on exterior investors that demands results. I have no clue (well I have some clue talking to the "500" that works there), to prove to you how these cirkus of missmanaged people have just about 0 to show as "progress", but use your fucking eyes?

Roberts have never managed shit, he has no experience of it. And while Ortwin has plenty of experience and have no need to work another day in his life thanks to here fucktards that have given them money, I belive some blame is out there and should be levered on the managements shoulders. DO NOT GIVE THESE IDIOTS ANY MORE MONEY! Let them show progress, let them show what coresystems are actually being built. Items "2.0" do not cover it!

• 5Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Motivate your reaction Ridas? I know you wont because that would be having to own up to somthing but still?

• 5Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Nevermind, keep arguing with yourself about this shitty scam.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard