Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is from their roadmap, and shows why the game will never be finished...ever. 5 people, 36 weeks to implement selling items to NPC. :)

sc-selling.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is from their roadmap, and shows why the game will never be finished...ever. 5 people, 36 weeks to implement selling items to NPC. :)

View attachment 347447

This is the kind of timeline I use to give back in the day when I was coding and they wanted a timeline guess. I would just throw some massive number out there and they would approve. In this example I would spend 34 weeks doing other things and the last 2 weeks finishing the project.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So...how many years in, they're adding loot? Am I reading this right? Loot?
I'm not sure, but Pantheon might already have loot. So, they are truly going to release before Star Citizen!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Chris Roberts once saw that warehouse sims have a loyal following so You’ll need to rent a fork lift and pay insurance for it to offload your cargo manually. And because this is SC we’re talking about, it’ll be a tedious process and there’s a real possibility that your loot will randomly disappear or blow up on the way to the merchant after you spent 25 minutes loading it into a freight elevator.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The development of this game and Camelot Unchained are so mind bottling.
Crowdfunded early-access forever alpha/beta bullshit is just the game development equivalent of edging: keep your customers in a state of indefinite arousal, milking their wallet dry but avoiding the final "release" that brings them back to their senses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is the kind of timeline I use to give back in the day when I was coding and they wanted a timeline guess. I would just throw some massive number out there and they would approve. In this example I would spend 34 weeks doing other things and the last 2 weeks finishing the project.
I wish they'd have video panels where the team lists the hours they spent on the project and shows the product and high-contributing citizens ask them questions about what took it so long.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Orly

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I literally paid $250 dollars for this in the first Obama administration. I should have invested in Bitcoin. Who knew at the time the other one was the real thing?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users