Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
You do realize most of those "aid packages"numbers are inflated, right? Have you ever actually looked at them?

Like %30-40 of the aid package is stuff actually going over there, but the majority of those numbers is the "value" of the original acquisition price of the stuff being sent over from many years ago. Even if the shit is from the 90s and has been in mothballs and we're paying millions for upkeep or millions to scrap them, the "value" in the aid package is what it cost in the 90s. Then the majority of the aid package is the US earmarking money to give to itself to make newer weapons for itself.

Basically, those packages are "We're giving them a Playstation 1, a $400 MSRP value!! We're also giving ourselves $1,000 to buy a Playstation 5"
So what you’re saying is that it’s ackshually only tens of billions squandered, not tens of billions.

Hang in there, Zelensky, your fleet of 600i Executive-Editions will be arriving soon.

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Yes, we "squandered" stuff that was going to be phased out, scuttled, or replaced anyways...which isn't free, btw. It has also acted as the world's biggest demo for US defense platforms - countries around the world now want American made military platforms and ordinance even more.

You know, don't you ever find it curious there is so much Russia simping and so little Poland simping on the forum? I mean, Poland has a very conservative government that socially aligns with a chunk of this board. And they are actually a US ally vs. a geopolitical enemy. Gee, I wonder why that could be?

• 2Moron
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Your naive notion on the benefits of showcasing moldering stock to drum up business aside, what you're describing only accounts for a quarter of the most recent aid package:

1673219179795.png

If you believe tens of billions of taxpayer dollars aren't being squandered on Ukraine then you just might be the target audience for crowdfunding a Chris Roberts production.

As for Poland, if you didn't hide all your hot takes in the safe space subforums of FoH you might've encountered more positive opinions on the country, mostly owing to the fact that they're trying to maintain their sovereignty in the face of globohomo initiatives, which is also some of the basis for the Russian "simping" as you misunderstand it.

• 3Moron
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Yes, we "squandered" stuff that was going to be phased out, scuttled, or replaced anyways...which isn't free, btw. It has also acted as the world's biggest demo for US defense platforms - countries around the world now want American made military platforms and ordinance even more.

You know, don't you ever find it curious there is so much Russia simping and so little Poland simping on the forum? I mean, Poland has a very conservative government that socially aligns with a chunk of this board. And they are actually a US ally vs. a geopolitical enemy. Gee, I wonder why that could be?

• 3Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Yo, there are other places on this forum to circle jerk about politics, please restrain yourself from going full retard. You all got your views about the world i get it, but guess what, we never asked for it and we really don't fucking care. In fact, I wipe my ass with your opinions this morning....

Sooo, Scam Citizen here only please.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I apologize for bringing up the F35 boondoggle as it was a segue used to start talking about Ukraine grifting. Take that to the politics thread please.

I was merely trying to point out how ridiculous the 500 million dollars is. I don't care how "impressive" the gameplay videos are. Unless a bitch comes through my screen and starts sucking my dick while i'm playing then it doesn't justify the half a billion dollars and 10 years spent on development.

Put it another way. 500 Million dollars is less than the fucking Lousiana Purchase in 2022 dollars.
325px-Louisiana_Purchase.jpg

Do you think Star Citizen "backers" are getting the same Value from their 500 million dollars as Thomas Jefferson did when he purchased all or part of 14 states, 828,000 Square Miles, 530 million acres?

"oh but have you seen the game play videos OMG..."

Shut the fuck up. Thomas Jefferson got an Acre of US homeland for every dollar "donated" to Star Citizen, adjusted for inflation to 2022 dollars.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do you think Star Citizen "backers" are getting the same Value from their 500 million dollars as Thomas Jefferson did when he purchased all or part of 14 states, 828,000 Square Miles, 530 million acres?
That 500million didn't buy one acre of land. It bought France dropping any pretense to a Casus Belli, as the land was already clearly ours and inhabited by us, and only a war could have changed that. Seeing as the backers of this game have gotten close to nothing, I'd say it's a pretty even deal.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I never really followed this game much other than clowning going on in this tread, however, this popped up in my feed and I kinda want to try it.

I actually meant to come here and post this. It's a pretty neat video. People are obviously having fun playing this game, more fun than most of us have had playing dogshit games like WoW.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

For anyone that actually plays this, I know that video is all edited and what have you, but how close to actual gameplay is most of that? Is the gameplay loop at this point just Narcos in Space, or is there more to it currently?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For anyone that actually plays this, I know that video is all edited and what have you, but how close to actual gameplay is most of that? Is the gameplay loop at this point just Narcos in Space, or is there more to it currently?

I did notice a lot of hiccupping and frame drops. I assume he's running a top notch rig so I wonder how bad it actually is. I'd also like to know how many of these objectives exist in the universe, would be really cool if they were scattered across the galaxy forcing players to battle with one another for resources.

Cybsled

another thing I noticed is enemy player reaction was sometimes pretty bad in the gunfights - makes me wonder if the enemies were just bad, or there was enough lag/input delay that they couldnt react lol

Hekotat

another thing I noticed is enemy player reaction was sometimes pretty bad in the gunfights - makes me wonder if the enemies were just bad, or there was enough lag/input delay that they couldnt react lol

The tracers seemed odd as well, but my guess is most FPS players don't play SC. For awhile Squad was the same way, you could shit all over people if you had any kind of decent reflexes and know-how. You still can to some extent but once the FPS community collapsed due to lack of options and Squad became more popular the farm just isn't as good.

Cybsled

I could see that. When Fallout76 had their Battle Royale mode, it was clear a lot of the players weren't that great at shooters. I could literally kill 25% of all the people in the match lol

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I must admit, I did not have "Star Citizen vs Louisiana purchase" debate on my 2023 bingo card.

For the people testing, how many of the ships are playable? (Even if not complete)
I cannot remember over the years how many different ones they sold, over /under 50?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am not testing at the moment, haven't logged in for a long time now, but I google it and here's the results.

176 Ships, including 124 Fly Ready.
36 Vehicles, including 25 Fly Ready.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It works. As a tech demo it is amazing. The elevator simulation is breathtaking. There are also really cool moments sandwiched in the utter stupidity of boring things you need to do so that you can try and do fun things.

It feels a lot like Crowfall in the bullet point version of ideas. I can do x,y,z, but do I want to work that hard to do any of it. You have to get equipped to get ready to start getting prepared to think about starting to so something before you can prepare to begin the thing you want to do.

Hekotat

They really just need to scatter galaxies with objectives like the ones shown in the video I linked. Rotate/Relocate them randomly to random locations on random planets to keep it fresh. Make the loot highly valueable but highly dangerous. Once someone finds one of these bases they basically get the first run of cargo for "free" but as you drop it off at the deposit it posts the location on a message board or something so it's location is now know.

This would keep battles fresh and interesting. I'd be all on board for that shit too.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They really just need to scatter galaxies with objectives like the ones shown in the video I linked. Rotate/Relocate them randomly to random locations on random planets to keep it fresh. Make the loot highly valueable but highly dangerous. Once someone finds one of these bases they basically get the first run of cargo for "free" but as you drop it off at the deposit it posts the location on a message board or something so it's location is now know.

This would keep battles fresh and interesting. I'd be all on board for that shit too.
That's a pretty fun sounding idea. Any of those things to randomize the sandbox, but dangle that carrot out there to keep people logging in.

As opposed to the people learning the terrain around a specific space drug base, and ends up being random on different planets so the terrain is always going to be different and maybe the gravity or what have you. Would constantly change it up, along with respawn return flight times and what have you.

You're always fighting over in you little base or whatever. Not to say that should be the penultimate interaction with the game, but based on that video it looks like it could be pretty fun with a group of people.

• 1Solidarity

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Is anyone still sinking money into this game? Watched a friend of mine play this for like 10 minutes the other day and I saw trains not showing up when they should, terminal not working, ship bugging out and getting destroyed in the hangar, lag/performance issues. Looks like a mess.

That said, I'm still a little intrigued by some of what I have read. What's the consensus on it?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is anyone still sinking money into this game? Watched a friend of mine play this for like 10 minutes the other day and I saw trains not showing up when they should, terminal not working, ship bugging out and getting destroyed in the hangar, lag/performance issues. Looks like a mess.

That said, I'm still a little intrigued by some of what I have read. What's the consensus on it?
True, I havent heard or seen anyone talking shit about Star Citizen in quite a while. I find it hard to believe that they have proved anything other than that they have a hardon for Pantheon's length of development and admire and envy Vanguard's stability. Though it appears as though SC:O is still getting donations - astonishing.