Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Is this a serious question? There are hundreds, if not thousands of early access games these days. Plenty of them have been hugely successful and sold DLC and skins long before their "official releases", and that's not even counting what's going on in China and Korea.

I am genuinely shocked that there is a human being on this planet more retarded than Lumi.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
I am genuinely shocked that there is a human being on this planet more retarded than Lumi.
I'm actually glad someone who believes this game is a money laundering front thinks that. Glass houses and all that.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Is this a serious question? There are hundreds, if not thousands of early access games these days. Plenty of them have been hugely successful and sold DLC and skins long before their "official releases", and that's not even counting what's going on in China and Korea.
Do you not understand the question? Early release is not even remotely close to an alpha. Those games you're mentioning are actually playable with either almost or all or their core elements in place.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Do you not understand the question? Early release is not even remotely close to an alpha. Those games you're mentioning are actually playable with either almost or all or their core elements in place.
Lol no they aren't. Most early access games are in an alpha state and are not even close to feature complete.

• 1Faggotry

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fortnite.

11 years in dev. Before early access. Made billions. Has it even released yet? Officially?

Scam Citizen is a case study of feature creep, and a dude that is running nekkid with his hair on fire towrds some moving goalposts screaming that he is gonna make it.

But he can't stop.

He is going the distance.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Huh? Ark went into early access in mid 2015 and only earned 2 million and was fully released August 2017. Terrible example.

There is ZERO chance there isn't some shady shit going on with this game. You have to be an absolute moron to believe otherwise. Is it money laundering? Is it embezzlement? Just straight up fraud? Hard to say for sure but it's absolutely at least one of the above.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I don't know much about the gaming side what they actually make, but is there any athlete that has come close to these numbers?

Is it 10 years and $350 million? I cannot keep track.

Just curious.

• 1Moron

Del

Vyemm Raider
Huh? Ark went into early access in mid 2015 and only earned 2 million and was fully released August 2017. Terrible example.

There is ZERO chance there isn't some shady shit going on with this game. You have to be an absolute moron to believe otherwise. Is it money laundering? Is it embezzlement? Just straight up fraud? Hard to say for sure but it's absolutely at least one of the above.
It had over 6 million sales by 2016 alone and was already releasing DLC a year before it left "EA". It even left "EA" early because of all the backlash it got for selling DLC in an unfinished state. The game ran like shit for quite a while. Pretty sure there wasn't any example you would have accepted. Not that it matters because Star Citizen could be 100% unique in what it's doing and it still wouldn't mean shit. I'm sure it's far easier to launder on a shitty F2P game from a small studio, and it would be a retarded decision to employ 500+ people for a fucking money laundering operation.

• 1Faggotry

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It had over 6 million sales by 2016 alone and was already releasing DLC a year before it left "EA". It even left "EA" early because of all the backlash it got for selling DLC in an unfinished state. The game ran like shit for quite a while. Pretty sure there wasn't any example you would have accepted. Not that it matters because Star Citizen could be 100% unique in what it's doing and it still wouldn't mean shit. I'm sure it's far easier to launder on a shitty F2P game from a small studio, and it would be a retarded decision to employ 500+ people for a fucking money laundering operation.
Ok and you're comparing 6 million to a game that was atleast actually playable to a game that still is barely playable and has earned nearly 100 that amount and started production 4 years earlier. You're sounding like Nirgon with Pantheon. Think about that dude, nearly a billion dollars and 12 years and still a shell of a game and you seriously don't think something shady is going on? Are you on crack? Lol.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Ok and you're comparing 6 million to a game that was atleast actually playable to a game that still is barely playable and has earned nearly 100 that amount and started production 4 years earlier. You're sounding like Nirgon with Pantheon. Think about that dude, nearly a billion dollars and 12 years and still a shell of a game and you seriously don't think something shady is going on? Are you on crack? Lol.
6 million x $60 is 1% of $500 million? Nice math retard.

I just hope that everyone who believes this game is a money laundering front realizes that they now share the same quality of reasoning as Lumi.

• 1Faggotry

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
6 million x $60 is 1% of $500 million? Nice math retard.

I just hope that everyone who believes this game is a money laundering front realizes that they now share the same quality of reasoning as Lumi.
Well I thought you meant 6 million dollars in sales, you didn't specify copies. I also said 1/10th not 1%. Also, Ark was 30 not 60 and only became 60 around the official release. Regardless, for less money and nearly half of SCs production time it has a fuck ton more to show for it you complete fucking moron. How much does your stupid ass have invested in this exactly?

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
How much money have they suckered out of you you "invested", del?

I love your argument though. It's not possible that they are doing something nefarious with the what, half a billion they've swindled out of "investors". They are just incompetent. Literally the most incompetent people to have ever walked this earth. This is so far beyond feature creep, its beyond even scope creep. In order to accurately design spaceships they're actually building rockets and shooting them in to space so the animators can accurately depict thrust and propulsion in a video game. that's what the last 100million was spent on. And your dumbass is in here defending it.

This is like reverse Pantheon. Instead of wasting the piddling amount of cash raised after their failed kickstarter on dirt bikes and percocet they are wasting it on....well not sure. But they are making enough money to snort an 8ball of cocaine a day, 365 days a year x 500 "employees" and still have enough left over for a mansion or 10 to do it in. And that's at street prices. if they are buying by the kilo they have enough money to buy a small non-extradition island to do it on.

If it came out that it was just Chris Roberts and 499 whores doing blow all day every day in some mansion in Florida I would applaud. At least then I would know where the money is going.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Del

Vyemm Raider
I love that you retards assume that I have money in this game just because I'm pointing out the lunacy in claiming that it's a money laundering front. Nowhere have I expressed that I even play this game.

I can't imagine how middle aged people can still act like fanboys. Grow up, dorks.

• 1Faggotry

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I love that you retards assume that I have money in this game just because I'm pointing out the lunacy in claiming that it's a money laundering front. Nowhere have I expressed that I even play this game.

I can't imagine how middle aged people can still act like fanboys. Grow up, dorks.
We're just trying to wrap our heads around how you can be such an absolute fucking moron. A game that's literally been in development since 2010 and has raised almost 700 million dollars and yet has so little to show for it. Definitely nothing shady going on though! Totally! Fucking A you're dumb lol.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
We're just trying to wrap our heads around how you can be such an absolute fucking moron. A game that's literally been in development since 2010 and has raised almost 700 million dollars and yet has so little to show for it. Definitely nothing shady going on though! Totally! Fucking A you're dumb lol.
No, you're trying to justify your ignorance because you believe everything is a conspiracy, combined with your raging over the game you wanted 10 years ago still isn't finished. The only morons here are the people who continue to cry when any well adjusted person would have never put money into this in the first place and wouldn't give a shit that it's still in development.

• 1Faggotry

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No, you're trying to justify your ignorance because you believe everything is a conspiracy, combined with your raging over the game you wanted 10 years ago still isn't finished. The only morons here are the people who continue to cry when any well adjusted person would have never put money into this in the first place and wouldn't give a shit that it's still in development.
Lol our ignorance...

"durrrr they're clearly not a scam company because they have 500 employees" -Del the dumbfuck

FTX (company)
IndustryCryptocurrency
Net incomeUS$388 million (2021)
Number of employeesc. 300 (2022)
Websiteftx.com

Last edited:
  • 1Imbecile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How does money laundering work in this setting? Like they are getting ‘donations’ and those are then getting fed back to the donors who are presumably criminal organizations ? If so then that’s pretty funny as I would not have placed the wing commander guy at the head of a laundering scheme. But then again breaking bad was about a high school chemistry teacher
I don't know finance but as a layman a plausible money laundering scheme looks like:
1. Investor donates $$$ to CIG by going through some "individual donator" pipeline such that they are reported as crowd sourced $$$.
2. Some portion of their publicly disclosed staff: Development team are either fictional or are actually paid less than what they report or are tied to the investor.
3. The $$$ being paid out as costs are driven back to the investor after being cleaned

I don't reallllly buy into the money laundering scheme because it's just too public. My conspiracy theory is that there is big investment $$$ propping up the costs and that investment money is being described as individual donations to help attract more individual donations or other investors. Eventually the bottom will fall out and everything will vanish overnight because the cost to keep the servers on will exceed anything potential return on investment.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This thread in a nutshell:

1. News is posted about them raking in mega dollars.
2. Discussion about whether this is a money laundering scheme or a game with a long dev time.
3. One or two pictures or videos are posted showing of some cool space scapes or buggy shit.
4. Thread dies down and goes into hibernation for 3 months.
5. Go to 1.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users