Star Trek: Discovery

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Short or not, it is canon and this is what they think their audience wants. You only need to look at the puerile humour in Discovery to confirm it.

Trek never shied away from comedy, but it elevated the characters in the process, and didn't rely on cheap gags outside of the few instances that were widely panned (Quark genderbend etc...)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was loathe to finish s2, then a friend said

dude, just watch "the expanse", i'll admit the only thing i knew about the expanse was produced by "SYFY Channel", and scoffed at it.

i was wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Honest questions for those of you who are trek fans and managed to watch this show.
How did you get over the new klingons and the shitty story line in S1? I could not get past it and i tried 2 times to do it.
I managed to find stuff i liked in The Enterprise show and even the new movies but this abortion was just grinding me the wrong way and just left me angry and disappointed both times i tried to watch it.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Honest questions for those of you who are trek fans and managed to watch this show.
How did you get over the new klingons and the shitty story line in S1? I could not get past it and i tried 2 times to do it.
I managed to find stuff i liked in The Enterprise show and even the new movies but this abortion was just grinding me the wrong way and just left me angry and disappointed both times i tried to watch it.
That you tried more than once means you're more of a fan than us Trekkies. Just saying.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i was loathe to finish s2, then a friend said

dude, just watch "the expanse", i'll admit the only thing i knew about the expanse was produced by "SYFY Channel", and scoffed at it.

i was wrong.
God. Expanse was fucking drab, boring and 100% world building. Until the very last episode of season 1. And suddenly it was fucking aaaaamazing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Not from Discovery, but this clip proves there is too much money floating around in Hollywood. God was that painful to watch.''

I'm swinging back to at least being mildly entertained by Discovery; it seems they *are* going to do right by the Pike story and hey, they brought Kima on as Burnham's mother!

Give me Omar as a captain? Maybe?

Comms: "Captain, the alien ship is hailing us"
Cpt. Omar: "Omar listenin"

• 2Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what a terrible way to bump this thread... God...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I haven't watched that show in 20 years but I still remember Odo and his bucket. RIP
Odos_bucket.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've watched DS9 at least 5 times all the way through...and this will probably cause me to watch it again for a 6th. Pretty fucking bumed over this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck everything right now
Rip Odo and Mr House. You were a huge influence on me Rene.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I should have known he was the guy from Benson. Watched the hell out of that show. Never could get into DS9, but it certainly was not because of him. Odo always seemed like a cool character.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It is. Kurty is just doin a shuck n jive trying to get someone, anyone really, to finance it so he can keep getting shekels to fuck Star Trek's corpse.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is. Kurty is just doin a shuck n jive trying to get someone, anyone really, to finance it so he can keep getting shekels to fuck Star Trek's corpse.

Strange Worlds was his last effort to appeal to investors. Its supposed to address criticism by Netflix/Amazon that nobody cares about political message trek.

The creation of Strange World's was a direct reaction to the rejection of Section 31

He still thinks someone will bite on it as the next great Trek.