Star Trek: Discovery

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Strange Worlds was his last effort to appeal to investors. Its supposed to address criticism by Netflix/Amazon that nobody cares about political message trek.

The creation of Strange World's was a direct reaction to the rejection of Section 31

He still thinks someone will bite on it as the next great Trek.

Given Lower Decks' numbers, he thought wrong. (I hope.)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Given Lower Decks' numbers, he thought wrong. (I hope.)

I'd like to see what Kurtzman can do when fully bending the knee to investors. But let's be real, it ain't happening.

He's got multiple cancelled seasons now, cancelled distros on Picard + Discovery.

0 movies in pre-production. The albatross is around its neck.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Kurtzman is to storytelling as a monkey flinging shit is to cooking. He has zero clue about character, plot, motivation, reality, themes or anything else that might be construed as a worthwhile narrative. His style is to literally fling vomit so fast past your face, scene after scene, that you are literally TOO TIRED to process logically any of what you just saw, and mentally memoryhole it. Which is why no one can tell you anything about Discovery or whatever else he's shat out with specificity like they can TNG, or TOS. It's trash and the people who greenlit this had no idea what Trek was and more importantly, what it was worth. Same with Star Wars. My kid is seven and could give a shit about either franchise, and he exists in a world of nerds. Truly epic fuck ups of billion dollar franchises. It is to laugh.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not holding my breath for "Kurtzman dead at 46"

he co-wrote some reboots that would have hit no matter which asshole penned it. disgusting state of affairs in hollywood.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
But on the flipside, if kid fuckin or Moloch is your thing:

1597909480787.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

star trek discovery season 1 will air on CBS this fall to coincide with season 3 streaming on CBS All Access

yeah its confusing
Please watch our terrible show we are begging you!

Cybsled

That article is wrong. There have been binary and transgender aliens going back to TNG, even if they didn’t use those specific terms

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Less than wrong. It's irrelevant. No one who cares about story or the human condition gives a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut about fags, trannies, v6's, other car parts, or anything but story and how that story affects the fleshed-out characters who have to live with the decisions they've made in the line of duty. Real ethical and moral quandaries that have no easy solution. But when your politics is authoritarian, of course everything has an easy answer - whatever the fuck we in charge say. Re: Pelosi maskless in a hair salon.

Turns out authoritarians make shitty storytellers. Who knew?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That article is wrong. There have been binary and transgender aliens going back to TNG, even if they didn’t use those specific terms

Ugh.. they're doing it the wrong way again. I remember one episode of Enterprise (I think?), it started out really good, they finally met aliens that weren't trying to nuke them. They explored some space phenomenon, felt super Sci-Fi in a good fun way. But for once the humans fucked the encounter up because the aliens had a 3rd gender, who by tradition was treated as basically a pet. It was pretty good story telling overall.

Issuing a press release that your show is now more woke based on what an actor defines gender as? lol

• 1Like

Cybsled

Federation is gone, but isn’t that around the time of the temporal dudes from Enterprise? Wasn’t there still a Federation?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting aside everything I find wrong with that trailer can someone remind me why Burnham is so special?

I mean, she's a human who came from two human parents. She was adopted by a vulcan and educated by them.

She didn't suddenly become super-intelligent just by being around the vulcans and she clearly all too often fails to master her emotions so aside from regularly ignoring orders why is the show centered around her?

Bring Saru to the fore please. He's fucking awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
Putting aside everything I find wrong with that trailer can someone remind me why Burnham is so special?

I mean, she's a human who came from two human parents. She was adopted by a vulcan and educated by them.

She didn't suddenly become super-intelligent just by being around the vulcans and she clearly all too often fails to master her emotions so aside from regularly ignoring orders why is the show centered around her?

Bring Saru to the fore please. He's fucking awesome.

her mom invented time travel suits, it was in the last few episodes of the last season. presumably her mom is super genius IQ and thats been passed down

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out this season her dad is like a kicked out member of the Q continuum or something stupid like that, idiot screenwriters nowadays love to make everything about lineage ala IM REY PALPATINE SKYWALKER

to be fair DS9 did do stupid shit with Sisko and The Prophets