Star Trek: Discovery

spronk

FPS noob
they discovered the federations one weakness, it cannot attack minorities according to the Prime Justice Directive

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not even going to dunk on this show anymore.

We got a whole bunch of ballplayers already lined up. Take it to the hole on premiere boys, I won't be subscribing.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite parts about Star Trek has always been the ships.
shiptop.png
ussshenzhou.png
ship5.png
ship3.png
ship4.png
usseuropa.png
ship1.png
klingonshenzhou.png
klingon.png
ship0.png

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The fact that they got this guy to play Mudd... lol... oh man. And the bad guy from the Patriot (Jason Isaacs), Crouching Tiger bitch (Michelle Yeoh), the costumed guy from half of Guillermo del Toro's movies (Doug Jones), and the guy playing Sarek (James Frain) makes for an interesting lineup. Though I'm sad Sarek is apparently only in one episode.

62580a1e2499490ec70254f25ae0bb5f.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It looks like the entire trailer was made from a single, maybe extra-long pilot episode. They showed fragments of the same like 4 scenes over and over again. That's not lending me much hope. I couldn't care less about cast diversity or anything like that, I just want some good Star Trek, and that didn't look like it.

Regarding the Klingon question, I'm pulling this out of my butt a bit but I believe this is supposed to be before TOS Klingons which I believe are canonically not representative of Klingons' appearance for most of the Empire's existence. So this is pre-whatever-the-fuck-crazy-experiment they made up to explain the visual difference.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lulz

lulz

How do you spend Westworld and Game of Thrones money, and still come up with straight ass.

These CGI effects studios are making a KILLING off these guys. I doubt Captain Ho Chink Minh is costing them anything. 10 million in knock-off big theater CGI per episode ya'll.

All special effects, no actual Star Trek-- JJ Abrams a producer credit? Anyone want to bet. Tell me now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
After CBS and Paramount went full retard on Axxanar I already promised to not invest in any new trek through paid avenues.

So I'll watch this, but I'll pirate the shit out of it. Fuck them.

I'm going to pirate the shit out of this then not watch it

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
if you pirate it then they will just make more of it. @Screamfeeder told me so.

so dont do it. this needs to die in its crib

Fine, fine, I'll forge records of massive piracy then after they greenlight season 2, I'll release records showing it was all faked

• 1Worf

khalid

Unelected Mod
So they are claiming that this will be a more serious take on Trek, with more conflict amongst the crew and more multi-episode storylines. Will be interesting to see if it pans out. Like a lot of the cast.

This vs Orville will be interesting to see. Hopefully at least one of them is good.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So they are claiming that this will be a more serious take on Trek, with more conflict amongst the crew and more multi-episode storylines. Will be interesting to see if it pans out. Like a lot of the cast.

This vs Orville will be interesting to see. Hopefully at least one of them is good.

Well I can guarantee you which one it won't be

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lantern-jawed cis-het white men have been rightly cleared off the bridge in favor of a team that more accurately reflects the galaxy (and Gene Roddenberry's vision).

LMAO

I mean fucking A....Digging up Rododenberry's corpse and lubing up its ass with his fingers. This must be the y2k paradigm shift we've been waiting for. 2017 is here.

That journalist has to be aware of what he is doing. Wired.com used to be an "OK" source for nerd news too with a few faithful nerd writers on staff too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If there aren't half naked people rubbing each other down in the decontamination chamber within 3 episodes it shoulden't even get 2 seasons.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I mean fucking A....Digging up Rododenberry's corpse and lubing up its ass with his fingers. This must be the y2k paradigm shift we've been waiting for. 2017 is here.

That journalist has to be aware of what he is doing. Wired.com used to be an "OK" source for nerd news too with a few faithful nerd writers on staff too.

apparently in the future the entire Earth interstellar fleet will be piloted by trannies, asians and women. Same people that still cant parallel park even 100 years after the automobile was invented even with parallel parking now being assisted with proximity sensors, rear view cameras, etc.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users