Star Trek: Discovery

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I actually felt the 3rd episode was redeeming somewhat as it had no SJW nonsense that I noticed.

Tiny brown female Chief of Security with no known superpowers. She does look a bit butch, like Tasha the closet lesbo.

So, odds of their experiment trapping them in yet another timeline? Gotta reboot the reboot.

From the tone of things I'd argue they were starting from the mirror universe, but nobody has an evil goatee.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Tiny brown female Chief of Security with no known superpowers. She does look a bit butch, like Tasha the closet lesbo.

So, odds of their experiment trapping them in yet another timeline? Gotta reboot the reboot.

From the tone of things I'd argue they were starting from the mirror universe, but nobody has an evil goatee.

Yeah you're right, the chief of security did slightly trigger me.

But I'm liking the psycho captain, the alien first officer, the production values, the level of blood/gore (not typical for Trek), and the overall dark malevolent tinge they're giving to the show.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also the gay scientist yet you still have the CIS gender white male Captain (who may be batshit). If everyone is triggered, nobody can complain, right?

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
OK. So. This series makes a fuck load more sense, when you realize this is literally the beginnings of Section 31. It explains why they're off in the middle of no where, why they've transfered Michael Burnham's character without authorization, why they're performing illegal, and illicit activities, why they destroyed a ship without notifying anyone, why they're sporting black uniforms and insignia, why the fucking ship has gaps in the sauce section like the secret ship in Into Darkness, why the crew member transporting the shuttle is tossed by the wayside, why the shuttles in the bay look wildly different, why the captain is fucking weird and crazy as shit, why they even snagged Burnham's character to begin with, why the designation of the ship is FUCKING N C C 1 0 3 1. SECTION 31 MY Kangs. Suddenly I'm way less annoyed with the absurdity. Section 31 has always been belligerent, and never abided by star fleet regulations. Would also explain why literally everything they do isn't recorded, or expressed in future series. Mother fucker. It's fucking brilliant.

It still doesn't make me feel like the main character, Michael Burnham, isn't any less of a piece of shit, try hard, waste of space for an actor, but HOLY SHIT does it make me way more interested in the plot.

I really hope your theory is right, that would make atleast some sense at this point. I could even forgive the main character going all shoot first if that turns out what is going on.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Went to read some Trek forums and reddit threads - basically everyone agrees that this is Section 31 shit. It's too on the nose not to be.

I didnt care for S31 stuff in DS9 or ENT, I always thought that it was kind of a dumb plot device. Having them building an entire show around something that was supposed to be super secret that no one even knew about, seems kinda dumb.
I'll give this another 2 episodes but right now I'm not feeling it.

I will say though that the production values and special effects on this show are even better than the JJ Abrams movie reboots and those movies are $150M-200M each. What a joke.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like this show as a Sci fi show. I'll watch The Orville for my Star Trek fix.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The section 31 theory makes a whole lot of sense and actually makes the show interesting to me, as it won't just be about the reeeeetard main character. This also gives them a lot of leeway/excuse to dive deeper into the dirty illegal dealings of star fleet and the internal conflicts they were talking about which we saw in ep3, without destroying what we all expected from a star trek show about hope exploration and peaceful nature of the federation, which we can still get from the orville anyways.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Guessing the fungus drive is also prolly how they get time travel etc.

And thats how they are going to make the protagonist right about every stupid thing she did in the first 2 or 3 episodes. SEE GUYS YOUR RACIST SHE WAS REALLY RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER STRONG BLACK WOMAN MAKE YOU SCARED. Etc.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LMAO at fungus drive

how does that even make any sense

• 1Like

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
It makes as much sense as steering the ship with a tardigrade's nipples.

That episode sucked shit. Dumb ass decisions like opening the dark cell after "anesthetizing" the tardigrade and blowing up Klingon ships over a city and raining down fiery debris.

But the worst thing of all is that all this money went into the Klingon sets, costumes, and special effects and you don't get to see any of it because you have to read dumbass subtitles the whole time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every decision about the series plot arc and what to focus on for the time frame is complete shit. Who gave the green light for any of this?

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
The klingon sections are to tedious.
such a dumb idea to subtitle them

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Was saying going section 31 would be interesting... then they go get a space monster nipple navigator... Some other stupid stuff in between, as usual.
Klingon language is very annoying, sometimes it comes out smooth as with the female klingon, and sometimes it's every word being emphasized and paused as delivered by most of the males. Leave that shit to the movies.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do like Captain Lorca and Commander Saru....plus they at least have lots of background non-humans wandering around.