Star Trek: Discovery

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
oh so its the lips that bother you, not the foreheads that have bigger slopes than Aspen?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm almost glad I can't watch this, I'd probably be doing so and getting angrier each episode.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm angry with myself for having subscribed to CBS All Access, especially since it doesn't seem like they are doing 4K HDR anytime soon**. However I'm entertained enough that this has become 'appointment viewing' for me and I devoured the most recent episode shortly after the stream went up.

Part of me wonders if they really wanted the show to feature awesomely batshit Jason Isaacs as Captain Lorca but knew they couldn't sell a white male led series and so shifted the 'main' to Michael Burnham. Then again this also allows them to tell a somewhat more focused story about the spore drive and the characters immediately adjacent to it without having to worry about introducing the traditional bridge crew or at least allowing their introduction to be more organic.

**Netflix UK did stream the first two episodes in 4K, but has since throttled the stream to max out at 1080p, possibly due to people observing that the people on the planet paying the most for the show were stuck with lower quality video.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Caught the latest episode last night...

I HATE the black chicks character. I HATE the doctor. I HATE head of the spore drive research. I HATE the fat room mate. I hated the security chick too. Least they killed her ass off.

Too many unlikable characters. The one I don't hate is so out of character for a Star Trek series that it may as well not be Star Trek. (The captain)

The second in command is fine as far as acting and characters go. Pretty good this last episode really.

The one chick that looks like she can be interdasting is the half robot chick we see on the bridge. They will fuck her up too...She will be made up of parts that were made in a lesbian factory, and she hates men.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure this has been said in this thread. This I assume is leading up to that TNG episode where they were developing cloaking or some shit, with the ship phased into the asteroid?

That's one of my favorite TNG episodes, because it meant Riker didn't have so spit-polished a background. Like the Captain getting a dagger through it back. They're characters that made them into who they were.

Saru (orange alien) and Lorca are the only "likeable" characters. Mostly because they seem the most "real". Spore dude, roommate bitch, and the doctor are all, I dunno, just annoying as fuck. "This isn't what I signed up for! WAHHHH!" God fucking damn, I wish'd the captain had punched him in the face and broken his nose again. That would have been fuckin' hilarious. And the security officer basically committing suicide by alien, was like an allegory for suicide by cop. Bitch was stupid, and incompetent. Why are these educated, officers, making stupid, rash, unrealistic decisions?

When they showed the schematic of the alien creature I was like, "Is that a fucking tardigrade? Really, that's what we're doing?" And BOOM. Fucking tardigrade. And then she tames it? UGH. Get right the fuck out. And it's a super computer that they're abusing in order to facilitate the ship's propulsion? Get the fuck out.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Everybody on this show except for the Captain and maybe the chief engineer are faggots. Even the Klingons are faggoty-- like a warrior race of fucking Liberaces. It's like diversity hiring in space-- what does the black chick with dreads on the bridge do exactly? Is she the weapons officer? Also, worst Doctor ever -- worse even than that cunt in TNG.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Why are they calling this show Star Trek? This would be a halfway descent show if it had nothing to do with it. Instead it is just confusing.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Another thing that bothers me is the overuse of computer voice explaining shit that doesn't need to be explained. Why is EVERY GODDAMN THING LABELED. "Michael Burnham, last will and testament of..." WE DON'T NEED DIALOG AND DESCRIPTION. FUCK. The computer didn't tell us shit when Data was looking at the hologram of Tasha...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Which is......?

Big spoiler
The final member of the series regular cast that showed up this past episode, Lt Ash Tyler, is Voq the albino Klingon Torchbearer in disguise. This is why 'Voq' did not show up to the big red carpet premiere party last month. The original casting reports last year about Shazad Latif, who plays Ash Tyler, had him as playing a Klingon but they then said he was recast as Ash Tyler....

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It would if the entire series takes place in the mirror universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh my, they said Fuck twice! boldly going where no Star Trek has gone before!
That was exactly what I came here to post. So edgy! And just in case you missed it, we're going to repeat it to make sure that you heard it, and your kids heard it!

So fucking dumb. I hate this show. Why do I keep watching?!