Star Trek: Discovery

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Reminds me too much of the last movie...
If they keep to what they did in the second half of season one they should be ok.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Patrick Stewart to lead new Star Trek series!

Sir Patrick Stewart has personally announced at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention that he will officially be stepping back into the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a new Star Trek show for CBS All Access! Star Trek: Discovery co-creator and executive producer Alex Kurtzman will oversee development on the new show, which is not a Star Trek: The Next Generation reboot but rather a continuation of Picard’s story.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over. During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how ‘The Next Generation’ brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

“With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold,” Kurtzman said. “For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”

Read more at BREAKING: Patrick Stewart to Lead New Star Trek Series!

Siliconemelons

Why does it have to have anyone that has anything to do with Discovery be involved in this Picard continuation stuff...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm excited of course, but I'm not sure where they can go with this. He's way too old to still be captain and "A day in the life of a Starfleet admiral" doesn't sound too interesting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when the fan made Axanar trailer came out and we were all like "Yeah! Klingon war!" and then Discovery made that entire era of their franchise worse.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Yeah, it's not quite Star Trek, and it certainly has its issues, but I still enjoyed the first season and I'm looking forward to the second.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can I watch this without subscribing to a shitty fucking CBS service I already pay for with my cable bill?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Yeah, it's not quite Star Trek, and it certainly has its issues, but I still enjoyed the first season and I'm looking forward to the second.
Video posted shows as unavailable for me for some reason.

Yeah, I hate using this phrase, but "not my Star Trek," which I guess is OK, but after a lifetime of it... Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me like Voyager. I just fucking hate Michael Brown. She sucks so bad, and next to some of the other award winning actors it just really stands out. Stories so far have been the result of decidedly non-Federation level decisions, aka, Michael Brown does stupid shit resulting in the death of nearly every human in the galaxy.

Still won't pay for it, but I've got VPNs and torrents. Just annoying not being able to just turn it on. The CBS you pay for and still have commercials? Hahaha gooo fuck yourselves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Star Trek Discovery is about space pirates, it's only suitable to watch it via piracy, arg

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Video posted shows as unavailable for me for some reason.

Yeah, I hate using this phrase, but "not my Star Trek," which I guess is OK, but after a lifetime of it... Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me like Voyager. I just fucking hate Michael Brown. She sucks so bad, and next to some of the other award winning actors it just really stands out. Stories so far have been the result of decidedly non-Federation level decisions, aka, Michael Brown does stupid shit resulting in the death of nearly every human in the galaxy.

Still won't pay for it, but I've got VPNs and torrents. Just annoying not being able to just turn it on. The CBS you pay for and still have commercials? Hahaha gooo fuck yourselves.

Yeah, she's definitely the week part of the show. Having a main character that is insufferable by design is pretty fucking bizarre. But, Pike is looking good in the trailers, and Saru is pretty cool. Also, Tilly somehow manages to be a fun character. I'm hoping they flesh out some of the supporting crew like Detmer & robot thing.

Is using a UK VPN with your Netflix account possible, anyone know?

Netflix cracks down on VPN's pretty hard. There might be a few out there that you can use to get to it, but why not just pirate it at that point

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Did this get much better as the season went on? I got up to episode, where the creature powered some drive...

faille

Molten Core Raider
Did this get much better as the season went on? I got up to episode, where the creature powered some drive...
Absolutely. by the end it had turned into the greatest Star Trek show since The Orville

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Again, episodes 12-14 were some of the best Trek ever, but the last episode was back to dog shit. But I guess comparatively speaking, anything would make its episodes 1-11 look good (save the CGI which is fucking stupid amazing), so, I dunno. First episodes of TNG, DS9, and VOY were all solid, unique, while their first seasons were overall bland and boring, but never annoyingly bad. ENT just had to deal with a shit theme song, and good character portrayed pretty stupidly, while similarly taking a fucking shit on the portrayed norms of established species. STD has just had too much dumb shit for a supposedly intellectual show for me to get behind. Episodes 12-14 were different in that I didn't feel like I was being treated like an idiot as an observer, or that the ethos of the show wasn't being defacated on. If they kill off Michael and go back to a "crew and ship" rather than "individual perspective POV", the show has potential.

I dislike the "main character" less than the one in Iron Fist, so if you've seen that shoe, you understand. They're not intentionally insufferable, the actor is just terrible.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just call the Prelude to Axanar guys back and give them Discovery's budget.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users