Star Trek: Discovery

tarb

Trakanon Raider
As a 40+ year Star Trek fan all I can say is Fuck STD and everything to do with it.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm looking forward to it. Imo Star Trek was in its prime when you had multiple shows connected through various storylines (i.e. when TNG and DS9 were both on the air)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So, which show will have the Trump figure become the President of the Federation that tries to make it Human-centric? I'm thinking the Picard one. The devestation brought on by the destruction of Romulus sees endless hordes of Romulan refugees into the Federation and the Trump-figure rises as a result. The show will never address that they could easily be settled onto open planets, or how replicators mean that they're no actual burden anyways. In the end, we'll learn how diversity is the Federation's strength and that bigotry has no place in the future.

There, I saved them from having to bother

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As a 40+ year Star Trek fan all I can say is Fuck this show and everything to do with it.
you know, if they took the unexpected route and let evil Michelle Yeoh blow up Klingon world, i woulda forgiven every SJW jib jab they threw at me.

The way she talked about klingons just being cancer cells that kept on multiplying, brought me back to Chinatown and how the annoying blacks were "wilding" around, and Chinatown took care of the blacks themselves. (they just put extra Chinese police at the grand st station and caught even and every black that jumped the turnstile, cuz they don't pay for tolls)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Oh right I forgot that they set this up to only stream after 8:30 pm EST tonight. So freaking annoying.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It was an enjoyable enough premiere. Lots more humor than in the past but not anything knee-slappingly over the top.

The main plot of Burnham and Spock's relationship is cringey if only because it seems vaguely incestuous at this point. The mystery of the red dots is intriguing as an overarching narrative for the season. Tig Notaro was great and hopefully becomes the new head of Engineering. Stamets's decision to leave seems very natural given everything he has been through but we all know he will end up staying since he's a series regular -- luckily we have a new science mystery to dig into.

White male science dumbass was predictably a redshirt despite wearing science blue. Women seem to be the only ones with good ideas on the show as epitomized by Burnham. Tilly, also, is a source of ideas as the Ensign seems to be the only person on the ship with a damn brain half the time.

No sign of the Klingon regulars or Emperor Georgiou but we know they will be part of the show even though they weren't in the main credits as they feature prominently in the 'this season' montage.

Overall I had fun with the episode although the extended Pod Racing scene in the second act was a bit superfluous.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was an enjoyable enough premiere. Lots more humor than in the past but not anything knee-slappingly over the top.

Someone literally gets large amounts of green snot sneezed all over them. How is that not over the top?

The show is a fucking joke in more than one way now.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

The main plot of Burnham and Spock's relationship is cringey if only because it seems vaguely incestuous at this point. The mystery of the red dots is intriguing as an overarching narrative for the season. Tig Notaro was great and hopefully becomes the new head of Engineering. Stamets's decision to leave seems very natural given everything he has been through but we all know he will end up staying since he's a series regular -- luckily we have a new science mystery to dig into.

White male science dumbass was predictably a redshirt despite wearing science blue. Women seem to be the only ones with good ideas on the show as epitomized by Burnham. Tilly, also, is a source of ideas as the Ensign seems to be the only person on the ship with a damn brain half the time.

No sign of the Klingon regulars or Emperor Georgiou but we know they will be part of the show even though they weren't in the main credits as they feature prominently in the 'this season' montage.

Overall I had fun with the episode although the extended Pod Racing scene in the second act was a bit superfluous.
what?

how many times did we have a DRAMATIC PAUSE so that black Burnham could school the dumb white Captain?

Captain: Hurdur!!! i need answers

Burnham: i was getting to that SIR!!!!
=

Captain: We don't leave ppl behind

Burnham: i don't think anyone here WILL leave anyone behind!

Oh look, they're actually letting one eye girl speak more, and no feelings chick and roboman are getting some screen time n sheet,

It's like "oh ok, the action and suspense is move along..." HOLD THE FUCK UP!!!, it's 10mins and we have to inject our SJW Burnham quote.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Burnham really is the weakest part of the show. I'd much rather just get rid of her and divide up that screentime amongst the other bridge crew like Detmer and Airam.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why the FUCK is the captain going on a highly dangerous away mission? Yeah, I know, Kirk and sometimes Picard did this as well but not necessarily when the risk of death is highly probable. That shit was retarded.

Also, what the hell, does each ship have its own custom uniform design?

Show is very pretty but god damn it's dumb.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Turned it off after 15 minutes. It's a fucking sitcom now.

But dude, this show has BLACK ALERT and SPORE DRIVE!!! Doesn't that just fucking blow your mind? BLACK ALERT. SPORE DRIVE.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff

They did say "at least we got the new uniforms" as a throwaway line. Now why they didnt take this opportunity to shift Discovery into those new-style TOS uniforms is beyond me.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Tig is the new Scotty. The picked up a (pre)Kirk. We got a half vulcan basically calling him on his bullshit. Tully is the miraculous ensign (a la Henry Kim or Neelix, don't forget they let ensigns sit in the chair). This seems a lot more stable than Season 1.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think? Enterprise was on a 5year mission far far away, and got recalled cuz of the war, but even then, uniforms should be somewhat similar after a change, huh?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
i think? Enterprise was on a 5year mission far far away, and got recalled cuz of the war, but even then, uniforms should be somewhat similar after a change, huh?
As someone mentioned above, the Enterprise uniforms were considered the "new" design?