Star Trek: Discovery

Kiki

Log Wizard
There are some rumors with that, his follow up tweet ("Our @SonequaMG is a great leader who enjoyed a special relationship with EVERYONE in the cast & crew, "), and Moonves leaving CBS, as he apparently was a patron of Star Trek. But that's all they are at this point. Unnamed sources and all that bullshit.

The dog he refers to died in Dec as well, so it could just be that he's just done filming.

I like that its on Netflix outside the US as well, so that may be a good sign. Maybe they will take it from CBS. We just get screwed here.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wouldn't say that Moonves was a patron of Trek. It's because of him that modern Star Trek has become disconnected from the prior series and why the newer shows always move backwards in time instead of forwards. He had no interest in filming in house so he farmed it out to another studio but refused them the rights to continue with the same aesthetic and storylines. I'm not really a huge Trekie but fuck that guy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Just this one. And again, that's just the rumor. Now that he's out, 'they' say it might get the axe bc there is no one to save it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There are some rumors with that, his follow up tweet ("Our @SonequaMG is a great leader who enjoyed a special relationship with EVERYONE in the cast & crew, "), and Moonves leaving CBS, as he apparently was a patron of Star Trek. But that's all they are at this point. Unnamed sources and all that bullshit.

The dog he refers to died in Dec as well, so it could just be that he's just done filming.

I like that its on Netflix outside the US as well, so that may be a good sign. Maybe they will take it from CBS. We just get screwed here.
yeah, its definitely rumors, another rumor is that the Picard trek is in doubt and that Discovery hasnt been renewed yet. its all hearsay. but its got the nerds all riled up. yes i am a nerd too.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I require the Michelle Yeoh series immediately. With her, section 31 and that ship of hers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh god this whole episode was filled w/ horrible acting and the entire ship would have been doomed w/o the deux ex sjw! The acting was so horrible until the one person who doesn't speak English fluently stepped in, lets just get Evil Yeoh and the USS ninja for all i care and have her fuck shit up, or we see the Enterprise save a world "the correct way", only to have evil Yeoh come in afterwards to save a world "correctly"

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have to agree actually. That dude cannot act worth a fucking damn. And all that bullshit to setup the spinoff was barf.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just don't see how anyone could cancel a series that has black alert and spore drive. It just doesn't get any cooler than this.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They really have set themselves up for something pretty horrific to happen vis a vis the spore drive seeing as they just doubled down on its super power by having it teleport them to a different quadrant of the Galaxy.

Conversely this is why you shouldn't do a prequel...

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The show comes across as fan-fic. Mary-Sue black woman as lead character using over the top outrageous and overpowered technology to fuck around parallel to a core setting, complete with stupid plots and nonsensical characters. It's almost guaranteed that Burnham and Kirk would be shipped if they ever put him in.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Can't believe they passed up the opportunity to launch a Two and a half Klingons spin off

• 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Saw a clip of this garbage where the head of the Klingon Empire is now a woman and her title is Mother.

lol...You know what the best part about trolling the SJW defense force in these threads is? Inevitably, the SJWs who write these shows always ruin them by making it so the ideological bullshit that the clowns claim isn't there, becomes too apparent to deny. They just can't help themselves.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't know man. A society that prizes honour above all else would have no issue at all allowing themselves to be led by a person that attained leadership by literally threatening to blow up the planet if they didn't go along with it. How is that not honourable? Tits ain't got nothin' to do with it!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I really want to watch this to give it a chance, but as a die hard ST fan that went full nerd rage trying to watch season 1, I'm afraid that this season would push me over the edge into mass shooter mode.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't even tried. When rich keeps hitting the cancel button and you see Mike visibly dying inside trying to find something good to say about it, I'd rather play vidja games.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The way they remade the klingons into mutant Liberaces is pretty much a symbol of everything that is horrible with the world today.

1549148003193.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're spamming the hell out of the season two premier on youtube right now. Its like the third time that entire first episode of season two has appeared as following video in my feed. They had to have paid a lot for such a amorous exposure. Still didn't watch.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm on YouTube like two hours a day and I've never seen a Discovery clip. Recommendations are based on your viewing habits.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm on YouTube like two hours a day and I've never seen a Discovery clip. Recommendations are based on your viewing habits.

Likely so they have bought targeting data on potential viewers. It was just odd that hour long show was popping up near the top of my feed.