Star Trek: Discovery

Fucker

Log Wizard
i'd... actually be okay with that. she's shoehorned into everything so hard that it would make sense that she's just on a Q level holodeck

Maybe she had sex with Lieutenant Yaphit and gave birth to Q.

keanue-reeves-mind-blown.jpg

• 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't watched ds9 since college. i had completely forgotten about how they handled section 31...

i know georgiou is doing a section 31 show, but i think discovery already really screwed up with how they handled it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well it could be that some giant fuck-up leads to section 31 going much deeper underground to the point of obscurity a century later? Especially if one has the ability to redact almost everything.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well it could be that some giant fuck-up leads to section 31 going much deeper underground to the point of obscurity a century later? Especially if one has the ability to redact almost everything.

This show show sucks so much I wouldn't even let it be part of the Kelvin timeline, but here it is shitting up the OG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this isn't the original timeline. when they first used the mycelial network, they jumped to a completely identical galaxy that Q had created just for them.

• 1Rustled

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Wow, I wish they had given more time to the character before spacing her. Otherwise I might've given a shit.

By the way, what exactly is/was Airiam? Obviously she was once human before an accident...but then made into an android? Too bad, that tiny bit of back story piqued my interest. But, oh well!

Kiki

Log Wizard
That was a lot of character growth for one episode and you were invested (toward the end, you were almost there) only for her to die lol. If only they had done some character growth sooner lol. Some severe lack of planning going on.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think she comes back at some point (maybe not this season). In fact, everything that makes her who she was she uploaded to the ship's computer.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Like 30 episodes in and they finally give her a little bit of back story and then kill her, typical.
Memory alpha says she was a cyborg "augmented human" Airiam different actresses each season too.

We still know so little about the actual bridge crew on this show, like I can't even remember their names, pretty sad.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Enterprise gets shit on a lot, but really it only had two problems. First was too much fucking time travel bullshit, which is just bad for any sci-fi that is not specifically written around it (and even then it gets tiresome). Second is they tried to make a sexed up WB show at first, but quickly course corrected that one at least. It was objectively better than Voyager (only the Doctor and Seven were worth a shit) and probably came close to capturing the frontier feel of the original Trek series. Outside of the forgettable pilot guy and whiney ass Hoshi, the cast was fairly all around solid and had pretty well developed arcs over the series. And their mirror universe triple episode was some of the best use of that in franchise history.

But that fucking song...….

Anyhow, every time I feel the slightest temptation to take a peek at this shitshow, I come here and it cures me like a cokehead watching Less than Zero. Even if it were not some SJWs tryng to stretch their pussy lips over yet another beloved IP, the show just flat out sucks by every objective measure.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
This season it's especially not that bad, but it's def not the same trek level as Enterprise. There isn't even any eye candy unless you count woman eye-candy Pike.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The only eye candy in this show is the CGI, but half of it still pisses me off for being stupid or exists because of a stupid plot line.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Like 30 episodes in and they finally give her a little bit of back story and then kill her, typical.
Memory alpha says she was a cyborg "augmented human" Airiam different actresses each season too.

We still know so little about the actual bridge crew on this show, like I can't even remember their names, pretty sad.

The season one actress is now playing the crew member replacing her at that station on the bridge.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So there's no chance anymore that Michael is actually real is there? I thought it was a silly notion until the whole time travel inventing parents bit.

Inque

FunEmployed
Started off with the presumption that Burnham was the Red Angel; turns out it's the mom. Section 31 dude is now infected via eye stab with some probe, and I'm still wishing this show had a spinoff with Michelle Yeoh's character, especially after "Defcon levels of fun" comment in engineering. Fuck, this show has so much potential but it's literally the Burnham hour.... :(

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
Started off with the presumption that Burnham was the Red Angel; turns out it's the mom. Section 31 dude is now infected via eye stab with some probe, and I'm still wishing this show had a spinoff with Michelle Yeoh's character, especially after "Defcon levels of fun" comment in engineering. Fuck, this show has so much potential but it's literally the Burnham hour.... :(

Uh, they *are* doing a spinoff with Michelle Yeoh's character.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I wasn't sold on the idea of spin-offs until this season. Now I'm very much looking forward to it.