Potato del Grande
1549897522630.png

• 3Picard
  • 2Dislike
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 7 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
once again shoehorning michael into every single thing that is happening just reeks of desperation. she's part of the sarek / spock story. she started the war with the klingons. she ended the war with the klingons. she's an expert programmer, she's an expert engineer, she's an expert pilot, she's an expert fighter, she hops from scene to scene saving the day all over the ship. its just garbage. i did like the soylent green is kelpian thing though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People keep talking about how great seru is but he drives me bonkers. How many times ianhe going to point out that he can sense predators and not actually sense them. Troi could sense emotions and intent and Picard used that ALL THE TIME. In season one, he goes mental about using the tardigrade even when MB is giving plenty of reasons why the spore drive is hurting it. There should have SOME recognition on his part that even of its not sentient, it's still cruel. And yet, he's just stuck asking the computer if he's a good captain

Inque

FunEmployed
I binged all of Season 1 and the released episodes of Season 2; It's like all the women characters aside from MB are there for exposition, especially the bridge crew. Tilly seems to be the only one getting "some" development, and even then she's a crutch for the Discovery's engineering chief, who then gets cucked by the woman they picked up while searching for Spock. Sigh.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It seems this image has missed the point of what actually drives the Star Trek series, like the story and characters, but than again this is social regressive propaganda.

"Female empowerment". Ghostbusters: total dud. Ocean's 8: total dud. STD (very apt acronym): total dud. This empowerment sounds a lot like a toilet flushing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Trek: Discovery gets a third season and a fifth showrunner
CBS All Access has announced that Star Trek: Discovery will return for a third season, and that Michelle Paradise (one of the show’s co-executive producers) will join Alex Kurtzman as a co-showrunner.

Paradise marks the fifth official showrunner for Discovery, following Bryan Fuller (who left the project), Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg (fired over budget disputes and complaints of abuse from multiple writers), and Alex Kurtzman (current showrunner and lead architect of CBS’ Star Trek TV projects for the foreseeable future). Hopefully, the show will finally enter a slightly more stable phase of production in season 3, after all its previous behind-the-scenes drama.

Michelle Paradise - Wikipedia
Michelle Paradise is an American actress, writer and producer, best known for the short film The Ten Rules and the television series Exes and Ohs.

Paradise wrote, produced and starred in the short film The Ten Rules: The Lesbian Survival Guide, which debuted in 2002 and subsequently played at gay and lesbian film festivals, both in the United States and in Europe (specifically Copenhagen, Paris and Reykjavík).[1] The film, which focused on a group of lesbian friends in Los Angeles, won awards at the Boulder Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, the Verzaubert International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, the Austin Gay & Lesbian Film Festival and the Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.[2]

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Start at 8... whoa whoa hold on... go to 5...wait for it...wait for it... OKAY PUSH IT TO 69!!! Seeaassonn threeeheeeheeee!!!

taebin

Same trailer, different park
So I've got an interesting thing going on where I'm watching Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery at the same time because I never got around to watching Enterprise when it aired. 2001-2005 was college and had better things to do, despite being a pretty big Star Trek fan.

Obviously the standard def graininess and poor looking CGI don't hold a candle to Discovery, but damn the story telling is better. I'm halfway through season one and there have already been episodes to establish background of characters and getting to know you episodes. My Dear Doctor was great at having Phlox stand his ground fighting for his moral beliefs. Trip and Reed friendship being established in Shuttlepod One. Andorians being all distrustful and jumpy around Vulcans. When I saw Jeffrey Combs as the lead Andorian, huge laugh. Dude nails so many characters (Weyoun, Brunt, etc).

Compare that to Discovery. Every single episode features Michael (Mikel?) leading an away mission or coming up with an idea to save the ship or have some bullshit drama with her Klingon boyfriend. She gets force fed down the audience's throat so much that it just makes it a task to not eye roll every time she volunteers to save Tilly or delivers a great speech to the crew that rallies them all.

I'm also watching The Expanse and Discovery is pretty lol compared to it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I've got an interesting thing going on where I'm watching Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery at the same time because I never got around to watching Enterprise when it aired. 2001-2005 was college and had better things to do, despite being a pretty big Star Trek fan.

Obviously the standard def graininess and poor looking CGI don't hold a candle to Discovery, but damn the story telling is better. I'm halfway through season one and there have already been episodes to establish background of characters and getting to know you episodes. My Dear Doctor was great at having Phlox stand his ground fighting for his moral beliefs. Trip and Reed friendship being established in Shuttlepod One. Andorians being all distrustful and jumpy around Vulcans. When I saw Jeffrey Combs as the lead Andorian, huge laugh. Dude nails so many characters (Weyoun, Brunt, etc).

Compare that to Discovery. Every single episode features Michael (Mikel?) leading an away mission or coming up with an idea to save the ship or have some bullshit drama with her Klingon boyfriend. She gets force fed down the audience's throat so much that it just makes it a task to not eye roll every time she volunteers to save Tilly or delivers a great speech to the crew that rallies them all.

I'm also watching The Expanse and Discovery is pretty lol compared to it.

The Doctor alone in Enterprise is more entertaining than every character combined on this shitshow.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have not bothered to check out S2 at all. I'm sure they'll continue to produce garbage as long as enough people pay for it because that's the bar these days: can it make even a piddling amount of money. It's not like putting time and effort into a universe to produce a good product and expand the viewerbase while simultaneously setting up future shows and spinoffs matters, right?

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh look michael is also a xenoanthropologist so should lead the away mission to the kelpians. garbage. absolute fucking garbage. if the section 31 stuff and CGI wasn't so cool i wouldn't be watching. the last episode of season 1 was painful to watch.

also netflix likes to put the subtitles for this show in the middle of the screen. are they purposely trying to make this suck?

1551407740863.png

• 3Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think I figured it out. Holllleeeeeey shit.

She's capable of anything and everything to the point of being almost godlike in her abilities.

She's a fucking Q

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
it wouldn't surprise me if they did make her some sort of latent Q who has an awakening and they pay john de lancie the big bucks to come and massage her into that fucking story as well.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'd... actually be okay with that. she's shoehorned into everything so hard that it would make sense that she's just on a Q level holodeck